Search results

1. Patrick_W

Crime of the Mid Century

Absolutely stunning work! Congratulations. May I ask what font did you use for your Fisher chassis graphics? It looks spot on.
  2. Patrick_W

Just picked up an HH Scott Type 272 Amp-Preamp

Congratulations! That 272 really looks nice. And with the cleaned controls and new tubes I bet it sounds really amazing. I know those white ceracaps have a rep for sounding fine and testing fine for much longer that should be expected. Most people here on the Tube forum would advise you to...
  3. Patrick_W

Eico HF-89, help needed with tubes

The EH 6CA7 are my favorite and have proven for me be the best sounding EL-34 new tubes out there. I like those a lot. I also can give a thumbs up to the new production Tung Sol EL-34B tube. I was fortunate to pick up a pair of quads of each the EH and Tung Sol tubes before the prices went...
  4. Patrick_W

MX112 opinions please

Interesting! I asked basically the opposite question here a year or so ago. I have an MX113 and MC2105 combo. I was asking about maybe getting a 4100 because of the ability to run 3 sets of speakers vs. the 2105 which has one set of speaker outputs. Folks chimed in here and said that I would...
  5. Patrick_W

Dynaco PAS 2/3 or 3x ????

Nice pickup! It looks to be in pristine shape.
  6. Patrick_W

400 Cabinet veneer repair

Head over to the Speakers forum. It is a great place to learn about small veneer repairs. Or the ambitious task of re-veneering a cabinet. I have done a few minor repairs on speaker cabinet veneer by reading through threads like the one below. I know it is hard to find now with the search...
  7. Patrick_W

Fisher SA-300 find… very nice sound!

Or they have a very pretty cage!
  8. Patrick_W

The Fisher SA300 is an EL34 power amp has two 5AR4 rectifier tubes, so Fisher got it right. However, Fishers's own EL34 integrated amp the X-1000 did not have any rectifiers, as it seems Fisher ditched tube rectification at some point with their integrated amps. I believe the Scott integrated...
  9. Patrick_W

Beautiful amp! What a nice score, and one that looks to be in fantastic shape. An EL-34 integrated will really make your Altecs sing. My NYC tech find is Pat Kauffman who works out of Main Drag. He may be able to help you.
  10. Patrick_W

Matching Preamps with amps

Many thanks! I was caught up reading about impedances in the Mac forum. Since my MC30s have an imput impedance of 500k ohms I wanted to make sure that they would work. Sorry for the thread hijack. Carry on.
  11. Patrick_W

Matching Preamps with amps

Not to question your knowledge on Fisher items Larry, as you probably have forgotten more about Fisher products just today than I will ever know in my lifetime, but did you possibly mean 30,0000 or 30k Ω for the output? I too am thinking about pairing a Fisher tube pre (President of the CX2...
  12. Patrick_W

Finally! C32 and MC2105 working and home!

Congratulations! They look beautiful together.
  13. Patrick_W

Glass faceplate comparison: Original vs Modern replacement

That helps a lot! Thank you. Very coo to see McIntosh is back to manufacturing the gold lettering. I will place my own order for one.
  14. Patrick_W

Glass faceplate comparison: Original vs Modern replacement

Were any of your new glass purchases for a MC2105? I bought glass about 3 years ago, and with the lights off there is no gold lettering. I had wanted to switch out the bubbling glass on a 2105, but have been decided to keep it as is until the bubbling gets to be too much. This certainly would...
  15. Patrick_W

Restoring JVC-Nivico SRC-700U-rubber bushing part source question and Plinth re-veneer resto.

Glenn, Once again, absolutely stellar job on this table. I am always impressed by your patience and skill to get things exactly perfect. I am sure the turntable sounds so amazing that most folks hearing the table don't even realize what a great job you did with the veneer! The color of the...
  16. Patrick_W

AR-3A in CT $99

I have seen some deals on CL that were completely legit. Also considering that this is New England, there are all sorts of these classic speakers in people's closets, garage, basement, etc. I steered another AKer to a Fisher tube receiver for if memory serves $75. People were skeptical but the...
  17. Patrick_W

AR-3A in CT $99

No, I did not grab them. I have too many speakers already! Besides I prefer the 2-ax or the 4-x over the 3a. Now if it was a pair of 3's I would not have been able to help myself...
  18. Patrick_W

AR-3A in CT $99

Some images for posterity.
  19. Patrick_W

AR-3A in CT $99

No affiliation. Just popped up on CL. They need work but the potential is there. From the post: "Vintage AR 3A Speakers. 3 Way Speaker. Real Walnut Veneer. 50 LBS Each. 12 Inch Woofer. 1 1/2 Inch Dome Mid Range. 3/4 Inch Dome Tweeter. Top of The Line Speaker. Woofers Work But Need New...
  20. Patrick_W

Eico 2080 refresh

Beautiful! I am sure it sounds sweet!!
  21. Patrick_W

Acrosound 20 -Heathkit UA-1 Frankenstein project

These are looking wonderful Brice! I cannot wait to give them a listen.
  22. Patrick_W

Bogen DB-20 restoration

Very cool! I always dig seeing what sort of tube adventures you get yourself into when your time permits. No argument from me, mono can sound super sweet. Find a nice mono tuner and you will really be enjoying that Bogen.
  23. Patrick_W

Christmas in July - Acrosound Stereo 20/20

I love the retail history. I find it fascinating, so thanks for sharing!
  24. Patrick_W

Sigh, cabinet ID please.

Ok. Does it have panlocs?
  25. Patrick_W

Sigh, cabinet ID please.

Don't forget that there was the L55 which has a different set of legs. They are not the starkly slanted legs, but they are unvented cabinets. If your cabinet is unvented and you need it for an early McIntosh piece you might need an L55. However the slant legs on your cabinet appear to be...
Back
Top Bottom