Search results

1. mcgreg66

Sansui AU719 cut traces driver boards!Original or Mod?!

Hello members, I just discovered that there are cut pcb traces on both channels same ! First I thought I damaged them somehow with the screwdriver but then I saw it’s the same on both channels. Anybody knows this modification?!Is it factory made or useful?! Thanks Gregor
  2. mcgreg66

Sansui AU719 Mod discovered !

Hi members, I discovered that my Sansui AU719 has some kind od modification on the aux input. Its a 50k stereo pot. I only want your opinion what kind of sense this mod can make? To decide if I keep it or throw it out! Thanks Gregor
  3. mcgreg66

Replacement volume pot AU4900

Hi members, I have a beloved Sansui AU4900. Every few months it starts making horrible popping and crackling sounds. I’m sure it’s coming from the volume pot. Then I lube it and it’s gone for a while. I want to replace it, but the original part is hard to find. It’s a 250k stereo with center tab...
  4. mcgreg66

Sansui AU719 protection relay repair....please help!

Hi members, After infected by the Sansui virus I came across a AU719 in good cosmetic condition but won`t come out of protection........ I checked a lot of things and took measurements but need some help of the professionals to interpretate and how to go on...... - when powering on protection...
  5. mcgreg66

Sansui AU4900 incredibly loud crackling distortion on right channel

Hi folks, I have a beloved Sansui AU4900......I already recapped all electrolytics and changed critical transistors on the preamp board. Everything was running nice and quiet for months! But......since a few days the Amp sometimes produces (after running a while) incredibly loud crackling...
  6. mcgreg66

Sansui AU 4900 noise

Hey ..... I have a Sansui AU 4900 at the moment running with 6ohm speakers. It's very nice sounding although there is a noise floor in the background. It's like white noise on both channels,even audible on 0 volume,gets louder on higher volume and stays the same on all inputs (phono louder) and...
  7. mcgreg66

Need help identifying rectifier diodes Sansui AU4900

Hi all, I started recapping a Sansui AU4900. And while I had to fill up my order I ordered all critical diodes with the caps. I found a lot of information here. Now I'm confused about the rectifier diodes 8x 10D2 which should be changed into 4x BYW56. I tought these are the ones D607-610 and...
  8. mcgreg66

Searching for Wharfedale W60 Europe/Germany!

Hi members, since a few years I own a pair of Klein+Hummel TX2 ( System Wharfedale) They are rebachted Wharfedale Super Linton or named W30D ( as far as I know) I love them.....they just sound so right for me! Two weeks ago I good a pair E50 and I like them too when tube powered. But in fact I'm...
Back
Top Bottom