Search results

1. J U Stone

Hafler DH110 really odd problem

I finally got it. I did some spot resoldering on the output jacks but while i had it all apart I noticed one transistor bent at an odd angle. When I went to straighten it out, the base(?) Leg was touching but not attached to the solder. I resoldered that and Voila! Problem solved. Since I had...
  2. J U Stone

Thank.you.
  3. J U Stone

I hadnt thought of that and the guys I spoke to were all suggesting various co.ponents on the board. I'll pull the back off and resolder it! And yes, Im using both output jacks on it. One set goes to my tube amp. The other set goes to a subwoofer or occasionally I plug it into my Braxton...
  4. J U Stone

Currently building a simple tube preamp, still have all my old gear, pls a few additions. Im now...

Currently building a simple tube preamp, still have all my old gear, pls a few additions. Im now using a Sumiko EVO III MC Cartridge with a hot wired Denon AU320 MC Transformer. I tried the bryston's but I still love tubes so they're on the auction block. Trying to trade them for a different...
  5. J U Stone

I can't figure this one out. I've talked to a couple of friends who can't figure it out either. If I unplug my dh110 for my system completely and then reattach it to the system both channels play. But once I turn it off, one channel stops playing and it's always the same channel. Then in order...
  6. J U Stone

What TT's do you folks have

I have 3 TTs. My primary is a Frankenstein turntable. Actually they all are kind of! LOL it's a Sony 2410 turntable on a 2500 plinth. I put it on a 2500 plinth because of the interchangeable arm boards. I'm currently using a Grace G-540 tonearm and a Sumiko EVO III cartridge. My secondary is a...
  7. J U Stone

FAKE AMPEREX?

I won't complain about RFT. RFTs WERE very good tubes.
  8. J U Stone

FAKE AMPEREX?

I haven't used them yet. Just received them this AM. There is no etching on the glass that I can see. The only actual physical marking is what looks like R over 2, but reversed, on the bottom center, between the pins.
  9. J U Stone

FAKE AMPEREX?

I purchased a pair of Viking PB60 vacuum tube mono preamplifiers from a guy on ebay. Turns out he's in Lima peru. They were listed as in good working condition but when I received them, one had been basically gutted and the other one was in such bad condition that if anyone bothered to plug it...
  10. J U Stone

Estate Sale EL84 home brew. HELP!

Thank you very much for that. I apologize for the delay in responding I've just had an awful lot going on for the last few weeks. I'm about to post a question on vacuum tubes because I think I just got a pair of fake Amperex 12ax7.
  11. J U Stone

The outputs have a red and green lead on one side and a black/red and black lead on the other.
  12. J U Stone

Thank you. Im honestly not sure if tbeyre maghie outputs because they have taps on top as well as leads on the bottom. Plus they are better shielded.
  13. J U Stone

I picked up an e l 84 amp from Ebay that was purchased through an estate sale. I was the only bidder. I'm fairly certain it's Magnavox Parts but not 100%. It has a power tranny, two output trannys, 4 9 pin belton sockets, and 1 octal socket, plus various capa, and a nice solid oak base. The...
  14. J U Stone

preamp choice carver or phase linear

Funny, 11 years later... my Hafler HD110 just croaked so I bought Another Carver C1. They still make replacement faceplate for these! I've had the C1, a C16 (I truly regret selling that), my current HD110, and a PS Audio 4.5, and of them all I liked the Carvers best.
  15. J U Stone

What TT's do you folks have

I have a Sumiko/Project 6.1 Turntable with a Jelco tonearm. I added copper shielding tape to the motor and electronics casings. And I replaced the original tonearm because the Jelco has much better anti skating. I'm using a Pickering XV/15-625 but I also keep a sure M55E with an original n55...
  16. J U Stone

Disconnect Hafler phono section?

Caps can really change how something sounds. A lot of people think just putting top quality caps and will fix every problem but it doesn't necessarily do that. It can cause its own problems. It can alter the sound of something as you discovered with your PS audio preamp. I really like Panasonic...
  17. J U Stone

PS Audio actually got their start manufacturing phono preamplifiers. I had a PS audio 4.6 and it was probably the best phono preamp I ever owned at that point in time and actually since then also. It was really superb. You would have to have a very good phono preamp in order to beat the one...
  18. J U Stone

I have a Halfler DH-110 preamp. Although the phono section isn't bad, I bought a Cambridge audio moving magnet phono preamp that I like it a lot better than the phono preamp in the halfler. Unfortunately in order to use it I have to take up the auxiliary space which means that right now I can't...
  19. J U Stone

ADMIRAL IMPERIAL 80 INTEGRATED AMP

I've been running it off a variac at 115 volts because I live less than half a mile from the power substation and my standard voltage is 125. I frequently get spikes and I didn't want to blow this bloody thing up. But yes I will check the voltage on the heater and see what that is. That's a very...
  20. J U Stone

The amp has been totally recapped. So as to changing the bias resistor, I'm guessing that I should increase resistance?
  21. J U Stone

I'm working on this for a friend. I've recapped it. I also ended up replacing some resistors in the power supply that were extremely out of tolerance (40+%). It's cathode bias so cutting the bias back won't work. The amp was motorboating when I first got it. It's taking longer to do it now but...
  22. J U Stone

Sony PS3000a Turntable

I was looking through eBay yesterday and saw this thing for 500 bucks. I looked this morning and saw an offer for $450 including shipping and just nabbed it. I didn't even think twice. I'm guessing it's not running and that's okay it looks pretty simplistic and I fixed enough tube amps and...
  23. J U Stone

Subscribers Locked out of replying in bartertown - Thats normal behavior

Ok thanks. It never occurred to me that I could not reply to an ad. That's just... Odd. Lol
  24. J U Stone

I couldn't do anything I was locked out from responding at all. A guy had a Kenwood receiver and I wanted to get it. It wouldn't let me do anything. None of the buttons were accessible to me. None of the features were accessible to me I couldn't respond to him in any way shape or form. I finally...
  25. J U Stone

I'm a paid member but when I went to try to get something in bartertown it told me I had insufficient privileges. I have actually been able to sell there in the past but why I'm locked out from buying I have no idea. I sent a message using the contact us form and I've never heard back from...
Back
Top Bottom