Search results

1. mrz80

MX113 Service Recommendations

Care to share the recipe for your roach? Any recollection of which specific LED, photoresistor and resistor you used? My 113's got the no-MPX issue, tho it was complicated by a damaged IF transformer (since replaced).
  2. IMG_20230523_141653

IMG_20230523_141653

3. IMG_20230523_141224

IMG_20230523_141224

4. IMG_20230527_113622

IMG_20230527_113622

5. MC-60

MC-60

McIntosh MC-60
  6. mrz80

After some years, back to trying to fix the MAC-4100 again

Well hello again everyone. Almost five years ago (to judge from the date on the last post) I set my dead MAC-4100 aside in frustration and put the MX-112 and MC-275 into the main system (after determining that the 275's only problem was a tube that had cracked glass letting go). Here's the...
  7. mrz80

McIntosh 15W2

I'll ping Ryan and get his input.
  8. mrz80

McIntosh 15W2

I'm curious if someone would care to guesstimate a reasonable price take to hang on a 15W2. Just sort of floating a flyer here, since I really don't have that much of a handle on what the current market value might actually be for something this obscure.
  9. mrz80

Pictures of your computer set ups

Another growth spurt, brought about by the need for more screen real estate for COVID-time work-from-home, and for more music experimentation. Went to an 8-core CPU and 16GB, and another TB of SSD, and a bunch of new music production hardware. Livin' life large! :D
  10. mrz80

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Old faithful cheap and reliable Sony MDR-V150 'cans, the headphones everyone loves to hate for some reason. :D I think they sound just fine.
  11. mrz80

Pictures of your computer set ups

More changes in the home office setup. I've begun tinkering with some music arranging and recording, and needed some space for a keyboard and pad/controller gizmo. So, the SuperZeros are now on little plywood shelves on the wall.
  12. mrz80

My Grandfather's system restored and reunited

The Expedit shelf is just fine. In fact, it's almost a requirement for membership on AudioKarma that you have at least one system somewhere in your house sitting on Expedit! :D
  13. mrz80

MAC 1900, 1700 any good?

Which version of the 1700? There were two flavors - one with a single loudspeaker on off switch and set of speaker terminals, and one with two switches (and the loudness compensation switch moved to a knob coaxial with the balance knob) and two sets of speaker terminals.
  14. mrz80

To mangle Mae West, "You can never be too rich or have too many MInimus 7s!"
  15. mrz80

Highping's Mancave

That's what I remember from auditioning Roger Russell's IDS-25 - the stereo image was remarkably "position independent". You got much more of a feel of being able to wander around in a concert hall while the music was playing rather than listening to a persnickity pair of speakers.
  16. mrz80

Highping's Mancave

Yay for line arrays... I'm guessing miles of soundstage depth and not much in the way of "beaming" vertically? Nice tall sweet spot?
  17. mrz80

Thanks... I wanted something with a little oomph that wouldn't eat space in my chronically messy multiple use office/repair bench/ham shack. Done with the Livgren, and moving on now... :)
  18. mrz80

Off the computer, through the little Lepai and out the Super Zeros...
  19. mrz80

C28 lack of stereo separation

What, lay hands on it and pray for it? :angel: Calvary = the crucifixion Cavalry = horse soldiers with test benches and schematics :D:D Sorry, I couldn't resist.
  20. mrz80

McIntosh ML-1C speakers

Heheh... heck, the first thing I do when I see a username that even LOOKS like it might be a callsign is look it up on QRZ. :D 73 de WA4UF
  21. mrz80

Close Up with McIntosh Laboratory

I just wish the polo shirts weren't quite so dear. :D
  22. mrz80

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

I might consider swapping 'em around. With the EQ atop the 1700 I'd be concerned about the tuner tubes getting enough ventilation.
  23. mrz80

ACS-41s perchance? I've got several pair of 'em. They're remarkably good for what they are. :D
  24. mrz80

Minor surgery on the MAC-4100...

That much I've done, pretty thoroughly. I can't find anything visual - no bad solder joints, broken leads, broken traces, misconnected plugs, backwards caps, anything like that. I'll need to grit my teeth and light the thing up again (briefly) and check all the voltages around the PS board. I'm...
  25. mrz80

Minor surgery on the MAC-4100...

HELP! Ok, so I've replaced all the electrolytics on the power supply board (along with the monster cans on the chassis), both regulator transistors, and a .1 disc that snapped off when I was fiddling with one of the transistors. I put it all back together and powered it all up... All the input...
Back
Top Bottom