Search results

1. Audio Moon

Marantz UD7007 - modification?

Solved :thumbsup:
  2. Audio Moon

Marantz UD7007 - modification?

Hello, I have Marantz UD7007, locked for Region B Blu-ray discs and for Region 2 DVDs. I'm ok with the fact that it's locked for Region B Blu-rays, but I want to play DVDs from other regions. I heard long ago that it's possible to modify this particular player to unlock it for DVDs, but I don't...
  3. Audio Moon

Caps?

Thanks!
  4. Audio Moon

Just saw the amps I sold locally up on Eprey and am a bit bothered.

I feel you Bucky. Something similar happened to me years ago. I was trying to sell Valab DAC-X9 in mint condition for something like 75% of its original price, which I thought should be a great deal for any potentional buyer because in a meantime the price of that DAC went up quite a bit. So...
  5. Audio Moon

Caps?

Hi, can I get some knowledge from the knowledgeable ones here, please? Should I cover all my unused inputs and outputs with the caps, like these: https://www.audioquest.com/accessories/audio-enhancements/noise-stopper-caps/rca-noise-stopper-caps https://telos-audio.com.tw/caps/...
  6. Audio Moon

Which cables?

Is it possible for you to elaborate that in few words? Thanks!
  7. Audio Moon

Which cables?

Dear Dave, you have countless places around web with such discussions if they interest you, this topic is the wrong place for that, imral3 will be disappointed...
  8. Audio Moon

Which cables?

Thanks, but unfortunatelly both are completely unknown in my part of the world...
  9. Audio Moon

Which cables?

SoCal Sam, you are so very wrong, power cables make even more difference than other cables, but that's all I have to say about that, thanks.
  10. Audio Moon

Which cables?

Imagine that - a few years ago I tried out Audioquest Rocket 33 in my system for a few days! The sound with them was a bit better than with the Kimber 8 PR. But the difference was quite subtle, nothing extreme, most people wouldn't hear any difference at all. So although I think that Rocket 33...
  11. Audio Moon

Which cables?

sqlsavior, I know about Goertz Alpha - I even have that exact brochure. But that flat-style cables turn me off... Bright sounding cables (Nordost Heimdahls) are not for me. The way you described Audioquest King Cobra - sounds like it could be the right cable for me, and I can buy it easily, so...
  12. Audio Moon

Which cables?

With so much written, no wonder you missed the part about "the only "real" cables in my system at the moment". :) I know that I should be changing cables one by one, slowly. But where do I start? Power cords or RCA...? I thought that I should change speaker cables last, because I have Kimber 8...
  13. Audio Moon

Which cables?

Thanks! 4-2-7, since I have Kimber now, do you think 8VS would bring noticeable difference over my current 8 PR? (Unfortunately, I can't afford Kimber Select.) Yamaki, could you please tell me a bit more about your system and your music and how it sounds?
  14. Audio Moon

Which cables?

Hello, I haven't been here since 2017... I hope to find some knowledgeable members willing to share their thoughts. After more than 20 years, I finally have the system which really pleases me, you can see it here...
  15. Audio Moon

Children/Parties and the VOLUME KNOB!!!

But that's no fun, the thing is to know without the outside help. So kudos to you! Media called that "controversial". I call it no big deal and not very far from truth. While he was bashing whites in late 80's, that was acceptable. But he had to "disappear" the moment he said something bad...
  16. Audio Moon

VERY close. On that pic at the start of this thread is James Bomb from Public Enemy. Both him and Griff are part of the so called The Security of the First World, "a group within a group" of Public Enemy. Griff is "Minister of Information" of Public Enemy and leader of the The Security of the...
  17. Audio Moon

What's British in your system?

What's British in your system? Nothing any more, thank God :cool:
  18. Audio Moon

Does anyone here know who is this guy on the photo? I know who he is, I even have a photo of me with him, I'm just curious am I the only one who knows? :cool:
  19. Audio Moon

So What is Still Able to Compete?

I'm somewhere in between TheOnlyGirl and motorstereo. About what the lady said... "our capacity to hear" ...two things: 1st, we don't hear the same, everyone hears at least a tiny bit different, so it is possible that I maybe hear a little more or better than you, for example, and 2nd, I believe...
  20. Audio Moon

I believe you motorstereo. But that new Mac... and Gryphon... and Nagra... and Goldmund... and Air Tight... how many people can afford to pay those prices?
  21. Audio Moon

Converting mp3 to .wav----sounds shrill afterwards

I use program called Easy CD-DA Extractor (Version 9.0.2) to convert mp3 to wav (for music which I can only find as mp3, unfortunatelly). I tried many programs in last 17 years, Easy CD-DA is the best for me. After converting to wav, I record it to CD on 2x speed. I use very old (made around...
  22. Audio Moon

Does Anyone here NOT own a Television?

Look... no-one loves GAME OF THRONES or SEINFELD or THE MUPPET SHOW or ONLY FOOL AND HORSES more than I do... so of course I bought all that. I know it by heart. So just WHY would I (or anyone) need a TV program? To watch all these new "politically correct" shows for brainwashed imbecils? To...
  23. Audio Moon

Does Anyone here NOT own a Television?

I don't have a TV. I despise it. I do have a huge collection of DVDs and Blu-rays, which I watch on computer monitor. I do plan to buy a large TV but only to watch my discs. I stopped watching TV program almost 15 years ago. I feel healthier without TV program. I can't imagine ever watching it...
  24. Audio Moon

Hey... you're talking about me! :) Love the way you think. I feel the same. :beerchug: WELCOME TO AUDIOKARMA
  25. Audio Moon

Hi, Newbie and Need HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!

I had a very similar B&W speakers with a similar (although smaller and cheaper) Rotel integrated. Years later, with many changes of components of my system, I heard that combination again, recently... I couldn't listen to it more than a minute - it was that bad compared to what I am used to now...
Back
Top Bottom