Search results

1. PabloX

Show us your Motorcycles

I'm jealous. If I were to get a second bike, that would be it.
  2. PabloX

Ω Ω Saturday October 21st 2023 FALL FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA Ω Ω

Sorry I missed it. I spent the day tearing apart the interior of my daughter's car, chasing a water leak. It was less fun.
  3. PabloX

Any reviews/thoughts on the Denon DP-62L (or similar)?

this reads like it was written by an AI bot.
  4. PabloX

Show us your Motorcycles

That's about as reliable as a Suzuki (i.e. very reliable but still not at Honda levels). I was saying they're far better than what most people think European bikes are like.
  5. PabloX

Show us your Motorcycles

Ducati, like Lamborghini, is now owned by VW via Audi. Modern Ducatis certainly aren't as reliable as Hondas, but they're vastly better than they used to be. Modern Triumphs aren't as reliable as Hondas either, but they're pretty close to Suzukis. KTMs still suck.
  6. PabloX

Mcintosh 4100 salvageable?

You might try https://skylabsaudio.com/?v=7516fd43adaa also
  7. PabloX

Best place to sell gear?

At this point, the best place to sell a car like an XKE would be bringatrailer.com.
  8. PabloX

Best place to sell gear?

Yes, it is better to become a subscriber on AK and sell here.
  9. PabloX

Products to clean silver face issues

I've had excellent luck with a paste of baking soda with some water. Either use your fingers or an old tooth brush to work it in and then rinse thoroughly. That means taking the face plate off but I've never had it remove the silk screening on many brands of receiver. I use compressed air to get...
  10. PabloX

What motorcycles does Hannah Zeiler ride in Murder by The Lake?

Yeah, I don't know why they went to bevel drive on the new ones.
  11. PabloX

A little history on the bike. The Kawasaki W1 was really a licensed copy of a BSA. Kawasaki wasn't making motorcycles at the time, but bought a company named Meguro that had that license. Kawasaki got rid of the Meguro name a few years later. The W650 is a modern bike, styled to look like the...
  12. PabloX

Price for used CDs, without jewel cases.

The binders I use allowed the CD to be stored in a pocked, and the liner notes booklet in back. The back inserts were all stored in the same binder, but in a big pocket in the back. At this point, I'm trying to get rid of stuff that's too good to throw out, but I don't want it in my house anymore.
  13. PabloX

I agree but the main indicator is it's a bevel drive for the cam. Also, I think it's actually a W650.
  14. PabloX

Fair, though my job involves designing and running huge database systems. I have everything backed up better than a lot of businesses do. Yeah, there is the RIAA question and some may question my ethics here, but I already paid my money (probably more than once on a fair number of albums). My...
  15. PabloX

Sansui 7000 receiver value now

I don't know about the 7000 exactly, but based on the prices of the Eight and Eight Deluxe, $300 seems quite fair. Cosmetic condition matters a lot.
  16. PabloX

Fair, though my job involves designing and running huge database systems. I have everything backed up better than a lot of businesses do. Yeah, there is the RIAA question and some may question my ethics here, but I already paid my money (probably more than once on a fair number of albums).
  17. PabloX

As mentioned, no, I didn't throw away the liner notes. The front and rear paper inserts were kept. If I had jewel cases, I could put it all back together. Additionally, for any that had cardboard sleeves, those were kept.
  18. PabloX

I have hundreds of CDs which were all stored in CD binders. I save the paper inserts but didn't save the jewel cases. At this point I've ripped all of them to FLAC and want to get rid of the CDs. Any thoughts on how to price them? The music is mostly rock (70s through 90s), some jazz, a bit of...
  19. PabloX

Toyota CVT failure experience.

Is this car a hybrid? The CVT Toyota uses in their hybrids is known to be very reliable, and not the same design as the type Nissan uses ( The Toyota eCVT doesn't work like a typical CVT (as used by Nissan) and is much more reliable. If it really has a CVT, it's a hybrid.
  20. PabloX

New SX1250 boards from rcs16

Thanks. I think it's great that people are making new boards for 46yo receivers.
  21. PabloX

New SX1250 boards from rcs16

How much do the boards cost and do they come populated?
  22. PabloX

What is it exactly about Sansui that causes such obsession and devotion...

I'm late to this thread, but... I think there's definitely an element of this when it comes to Sansui. Sansui was one of the biggest brands of the 70s when stereo was king. Sansui as a company burned out way before Pioneer, Marantz, etc and never produced a bunch of crappy AV receivers to sully...
  23. PabloX

SX-1280 tuner issues

Have you tested another tuner in the same location with the same antenna?
  24. PabloX

What TT's do you folks have

I don't think I've ever seen mention of these tables. Were they Micro Seiki designs?
Back
Top Bottom