Search results

1. CoreyB

My SA - 7100 Drops in and out of Protection

Hey guys, still looking for answers if anyone can help.
  2. CoreyB

My SA - 7100 Drops in and out of Protection

Alright guys, I have been slowly getting into the vintage gear hobby here lately, and I have decided that I would like to try my hand at restoring an old amp. I have 2-3 friends that do this on the side who assure me that they can help me and teach me, but I wanted to start here. I have a...
  3. CoreyB

Marantz 22XX lineup

It does not have the wooden case. It is apparently a clean, one-owner unit. He cleaned it, replaced all the lights with new led lights, checked all the voltages to make sure everything was in spec, setting the dc offset and the bias, and now he's selling it. I wish it had a full recap and the...
  4. CoreyB

Marantz 22XX lineup

I know where a 2265B is that has been serviced. Guy wants $525.00 for it, and I've been debating about getting it. It's a bit of a drive, but I think I've developed an addiction to these 22XX units.
  5. CoreyB

Marantz 22XX lineup

I was looking for this earlier and couldn't find it. I've recently bought a Marantz 2225 and a Marantz 2285B, and I'd love to see a complete list of the 22XX lineup. I have no idea how many of them there are, but maybe a knowledgeable person here could list them all or post a link to a list of...
  6. CoreyB

headphone users? what cans do you have?

Cans: Sennheiser HD650 Fostex TH-500RP Grado RS2e Amp: Burson Soloist Sources: Emotiva ERC-3 CD Player Music Hall MMF-7.1 with Ortofon Bronze Various DACs (Oppo, Emotiva, Audioengine)
  7. CoreyB

My first piece of McIntosh gear...A vintage 1900 receiver

I was just curious. I've decided to live with it. It sounds like Terry knows how to get in there and make adjustments to sort out the issue in the volume pot, so if it ever gets to where I can't tolerate it, I can send it to him and have the rest of the unit gone through at the same time.
  8. CoreyB

I read this thread: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/mac-1900-volume-problem.551797/ In it one person says "I have the same problem (in regards to the volume pot) and emailed Mcintosh. Here is their reply. 'The original part is no longer available. We have a replacement...
  9. CoreyB

After falling in love with the 1900, I would like to get my hands on a 1700 as well. They sound quite different in my opinion, and I really like the sound of the tube section for the radio on the 1700.
  10. CoreyB

Thanks for all of the replies, I'm getting nothing but kindness and good info in this forum.
  11. CoreyB

I just tried this out and with the dial at about 10:30, I have zero thump through my speakers when I turn the unit on from a power strip :)
  12. CoreyB

Wow! The thing that has held me back from jumping into McIntosh gear is my main speakers being Revel F52s. They gobble up tons of power and ask for more. They are very inefficient and often dip below 2 ohms when I push them, so they need tons of clean, capable, power, which is expensive in...
  13. CoreyB

The only other piece in my collection of older amps and receivers that I like as much as this 1900 is a Sansui AU-888. I need to learn how to solder so I can maintain some of these pieces myself.
  14. CoreyB

I bought this one locally, and I'm liking it so much that I've already started looking at others online haha. Could be the start of financial instability for me.
  15. CoreyB

I haven't had any crosstalk issues.
  16. CoreyB

Is it bad for the unit to use a power strip to turn it on/off with the volume knob already up to 10 or 11 o'clock or is that okay? Might be something I start doing if it doesn't hurt anything.
  17. CoreyB

I would agree with you there. It has some tube-like characteristics. Overall not the most articulate, but very easy to listen to. Mine has been serviced, some caps replaced, but much of it is original. It does have the common issue among the 1900s of the channel volume being unbalanced until...
  18. CoreyB

I've always wanted to own a piece of McIntosh gear, but I just can't afford the newer stuff, so I thought I would try an older piece. I have the 1900 hooked up to a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 225 bookshelf speakers. The sources I'm playing with at the moment include a Music Hall turntable and...
Back
Top Bottom