Search results

1. CT_Ohio

Warriors ... Come out to play...

I can dig it.
  2. CT_Ohio

RIP Sean Connery

So, in the end, Trebek wins? 94 movie credits on IMDB. So many movies I'd forgotten Connery was even in. Maybe time to check some of em out.
  3. CT_Ohio

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

I have that Callaway WarBird. Never could hit it very well, 9 degrees loft is too flat for my swing. Key thing to check on these old drivers is the shaft; any serious nicks or damage and I'd steer clear.
  4. CT_Ohio

What TV series irritated you the most when it was dropped?

I'm kinda glad that someone else came here to cover that show. I often feel like I was the only one watching it. I don't have bad vibes about the wrap-up; so many times networks would just ignore fan input and not bother with an encore. At least they "tried". Firefly gets a lot of love.... I...
  5. CT_Ohio

Am I opening a scam attempt?

I received a similar reply on CL for a couple items; neither vintage nor special. It's just a hook to get someone to kick off a funds transfer. Delete the replies and move on.
  6. CT_Ohio

Cane across this on CL tonight

Love the wood parts... I wonder how heat-stable that polycarbonate is. Having worked in a CD factory, I can still smell the hot plastic being formed into discs. Ugh.
  7. CT_Ohio

Anyone ever seen these GE speakers?

I can confirm that those are not the original woofers. They look like some cheapo GRS woofers I bought from PE to try before I put in the Dayton Audio drivers (and the GRS weren't very good). Tweeter and mid look original. Yes, it's veneer, and fairly tough; I moved mine all over the place and...
  8. CT_Ohio

Unpopular opinion

I saw ZZ Top in 82 when video made them a big deal. There was a nondescript guy (roadie?) playing rhythm guitar in the side/back of the stage, mostly out of view; no intro or acknowledgement. Who else does that to their fellow musicians? Haven't read through the entire thread yet... but must...
  9. CT_Ohio

I'm done W/Netflix rant

I ditched Netflix a few years ago. Hated their online interface, had watched everything I wanted to watch (including all of the Trailer Park Boys ;) ... now it's the occasional watch on Amazon Prime. Wish they'd give me an employee discount.
  10. CT_Ohio

Anyone ever seen these GE speakers?

Well I didn't think this thread would ever come back to life... I have a pair of these '885' things as well. A clue to their use can be found on the sticker shown in one of the pics; these were part of a set with a 25" TV (cabinetted in the same veneer-over-particle board), thus the 'Video...
  11. CT_Ohio

Polk center channel

I do, in the black finish. I had a pair of Monitor 40 - II that went with it. It's not currently hooked up (I sold the Monitor 40s); while I ran it I found it a bit shouty in the mids, which in some ways might work for a voice-first audio channel but I didn't find it pleasant. I briefly had a...
  12. CT_Ohio

Infinity Car Crash

The IL10, with same body type but one less driver, must be quite different from my IL40s to conclude that they're short on bass, but that seems to be a popular opinion. ASR is an odd bunch imo. Let em have their food fight.
  13. CT_Ohio

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Glass cutter? Missing a wheel, I think.
  14. CT_Ohio

Quarantine Scores! What did you get?

Quarantine, I wish. Been working the 'essential' job nonstop for the past few months, haven't made time to do much audio stuff. So one day went to the local MicroCenter and sprung for an audio card for my most recent PC build (good performance but which had some really meh sound). ASUS Xonar...
  15. CT_Ohio

Infinity IL 40 speakers

I have a pair that was given to me a couple years ago; haven't played them a lot but after some minor repair (they were abandoned in a rental), they sound pretty good. Gotta keep em away from the wall though; the rear port delivers an unusual amount of bass, especially if not given space. In...
  16. CT_Ohio

Covid-19 secondary effect

My job is deemed 'essential' so I've been listening to America's Truckin Network on the way home at night, same schedule as always, with modest free/quiet time at home. Maybe one of these days...
  17. CT_Ohio

Check out this butcher job

I was not prepared for that second pic. I mean.... why??
  18. CT_Ohio

Coronavirus News -- PLEASE No Politics

Rectified spirits... so it goes down but doesn't come back up, right? (Which at 96% would be a miracle) Am working for a very large, well-known company who delivers packages in a very short time. Corporate ppl working from home already. For the peons, no changes to policy except if you're sick...
  19. CT_Ohio

Allen Organ 75 Monoblocks with RCA Preamps

Late to this thread... I see the buy has been made. Just wanted to note Allen organ stuff has been hanging out on my local CL for quite awhile now; here's one listing for much less cash but I don't know if the parts are comparable (there are also speakers out there too). No affiliation...
  20. CT_Ohio

How many stations can your stereo(s) pick up across the FM band?

Currently I can receive (with what I would call a usable signal) about 17-18 stations, out of 44 listed on Radio Locator (https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/locate?select=city&city=43221&state=OH) ... I wish I could get WOSA (101.1) which is the only classical in the area but it's either modest...
  21. CT_Ohio

New vinyl in jeopardy as Apollo Masters factory burns

As I've probably demonstrated in earlier posts, I know very little of the vinyl industry, but this doesn't look good. https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/02/vinyl-supply-threatened-fire-lacquer-manufacturer/ Company website: https://www.apollomasters.com/
  22. CT_Ohio

Well, just had to replace a three year old TV

Been offline a bit, so missed the start of this thread. Would've been some good info to have, as last week I took my 10-year old Visio (40") off the wall, and bought a new LG 50" 4K thing. Picture's fine (and the audio's plenty strong. 20W probably means 10 per channel, but still), but I already...
  23. CT_Ohio

End of shipping vintage receivers? FedEx and UPS raise fees

Generally, the pay structure is hourly wage right now (at least $15/hr), but as with many Amazon things, could change anytime. AFAIK the drivers load their own vans, around 150-200 packages in a load, and work 10 hour shifts (edit: I *think* length of shift used to be determined by computed...
  24. CT_Ohio

Worth a look or forget it (speakers)

Who knows, they might make an interesting sound... when dropped from a tall building...
  25. CT_Ohio

McIntosh Monoblocks

ok, sometimes I post about cheap crap that nobody wants, it's b/c I rarely see anything high-end on my CL.... all part of my learning about this audio stuff. SO... here's something different. Is $8750 a rational price for these? "Factory serviced". No affiliation, and I'd buy a new car before...
Back
Top Bottom