Search results

1. spinroch

.... Don’t know much about electronics

But I want to build a lunar orbiter. Please post some schematics so I can get started. Oh, please provid a detailed parts list and describe what vacuum tubes would be best suited to the project. :bigok:
  2. spinroch

Air Compressor Sound Enclosure

In my shop, a MUST HAVE tool is an air compressor. My Dewalt 15 Gallon compressor has been rattling my brain cells for far too long. Folks have taken many different paths to address the noise issue. I am very happy with the results of this project... I feel it reduces the noise level almost 50%...
  3. spinroch

If Bombs are Falling...

I found this on the gas shutoff in the basement of an older home. I had to keep it.
  4. spinroch

Look at wandered into my shop today...

It's a Predicta. A replica made in 2002. It has a modern RCA TV setup inside. It weighs about 6 million pounds. I have plans to set it up as a video jukebox in my shop along with a streaming audio/video setup. It fits in quite nicely on my Island of Misfit Toys...
  5. spinroch

Seniors and TV Remotes

My Aunt is 94 years old. I am constantly getting calls from her about her TV not working. It is always caused by her mistakenly turning off the cable box. I found the solution today!
  6. spinroch

Akai GX-4000D Spindle (Reel) Table Tires

I have an Akai GX-4000D Reel to Reel on the bench. It has all the original rubber inside. So.... You can assume that after 40 plus years, it's time for new rubber! I have located the capstan belt, the counter belt and the pinch roller. So far, I can't find the Spindle (Reel) Table Tires. The...
  7. spinroch

I found my Isopak today!

Its been 2 years since I closed my warehouse, and I finally found my B&K isolation transformer today under a pile of equipment. I added it to my Workbench, where I can use it with my Variac, or use it separately, as it has selector switches to vary between 90 & 140 VAC. I remember the first time...
  8. spinroch

Today’s Craigslist Humor

for sale in Rochester, NY: PHILIPS HIGH FIDELITY LABORATORIES RECEIVER, 7871- $200 (Really??) :eek2:
  9. spinroch

Purchased a Desoldering Station Today

I have been looking at Desoldering Stations for a while now. I wasn't really interested in the cheap new ones, and the used ones I saw on eBay typically were too expensive or did not come with the heating element/Desoldering tool itself. Then, up pops the exact model Pace Desoldering station...
  10. spinroch

Infinity SSW-10 Re-Foam

No wonder it sounded so awful! Re-Foam by MillerSound - A very nice job!
  11. spinroch

Picked these up Today from CL

I have CL set to notify me when certain items are listed.... Today I picked up these items. Lafayette LA-750 amp Lafayette LT-670 tuner Marantz 2220 Receiver The LA-750 has one channel out (no worries!) The Marantz needs dial re-stringing, a new knob and new speaker terminal (no worries there...
  12. spinroch

Troubleshooting An Infinity SSW-10 Subwoofer

Wonder what’s wrong with this Infinity SSA-10 subwoofer? :p
  13. spinroch

Alignment in Rochester, NY

Are there any AK members in the Rochester, NY area that can align an old SS Lafayette Am/Fm receiver? I have not achieved proficiency in alignment (nor the equipment) Thanks! Steve :D :rolleyes:
  14. spinroch

Shotgun

I know I'm pretty new here, but I really cringe when reading the posts about changing parts haphazardly and hoping it works. Not a purist: Some rational thought when troubleshooting would go a long way.. When you think it out, and actually troubleshoot the problem, it adds to the satisfaction...
  15. spinroch

Post a pic of your Electronics Bench

Show us where you work your magic!
  16. spinroch

New to AK: My first "Real" System

I'm am a recent addition to the Audiokarma clan, thanks to my brother, AK user mike_p. He has finally succeeded in drawing me in to the world of Hi-Fi. I have always been a member of the salvage (junk), repair & enjoy society. Mike helped set me up with the finest system I have ever had. I am...
Back
Top Bottom