Search results

1. Keith Baran

A novice question about a problem with Marantz 1060

I have a 1060 that I “refreshed” about 1 year ago. Replaced all electrolytics, transistors ETC. Works great. The other day I picked up a pair of Marantz MA700 for free. I put them on my bench, hook up a pair of junk speakers, and a computer to play some music through to make sure nothing was...
  2. Keith Baran

1030 Just Adorable

I agree LOL but, when you have a old wood grain pioneer TT, KG4 speakers in oak finish the brown cover does look more "natural" in that set up. Still ugly :eek:
  3. Keith Baran

Main:Marantz 240,3200,Pioneer PL-A35,Polk 70 Series II Living:Marantz 1060,Pioneer...

Main:Marantz 240,3200,Pioneer PL-A35,Polk 70 Series II Living:Marantz 1060,Pioneer PL-112D,Klipsch KG4 Office:Marantz 2230,1030,Infinity
  4. Keith Baran

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Just picked up & listening to Mobile Fidelity half speed master of Pink Floyd's " Dark side of the Moon" Outstanding!
  5. Keith Baran

1030 Just Adorable

I don't have any before and after pics, but I can tell you after replacing all electrolytic caps, a few resistors, and a few transistors it sounds amazing. I have a few other Marantz amps, this was the first one I purchased. The right channel went out about two weeks after I bought it. I...
  6. Keith Baran

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Harry Nilson " Nilsson Schmilsson" :music:
  7. Keith Baran

Dusting dust covers?

I picked up two pioneer turntables a while back for $40.00 each. PL-A35 & PL112-D. Both in great shape. The dust covers are pristine. Now, in my house they gather dust. As a teenager I use to just wash my dust covers with whatever was handy. I do not want to scratch or cloud these. I Would like...
  8. Keith Baran

1060 HELP please...

Hi, I had the same problem with a Marantz 1030. Once it began I thought I guess it's time to learn how to repair these things. I did use the shotgun approach and replaced all capacitors beginning with the amp board, P700 since I isolated the problem to that board.. That corrected the problem. I...
  9. Keith Baran

Phono hum

I recently did a refurb on a 1030. It had a cover over the phono board , I think it's the P900. I was wondering why the 1060 didn't have one?
  10. Keith Baran

Phono hum

I know it's been a while but had to put this project down for a while but it's finished now and I thought I would let everyone know. All covers need to be on to eliminate the phono hum. Once I put all covers on the hum is gone, remove the top cover it comes back, remove the bottom cover and it's...
  11. Keith Baran

desoldering pcb tips

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KQ6PR6K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have a deficit in my left hand due to a stroke limiting my use of a manual solder sucker. I purchased this from Amazon and it works great! A bit pricy but worth it
  12. Keith Baran

1060 amp adjustments, "What kinda wave is this?"

My error, I have two BNC to RCA cables for my signal generator, faulty cable. I took a break, came back hooked everything up, then it was the right channel. Got rid of that cable and both channels are sweet!:whip:
  13. Keith Baran

Also, I've been searching forums for an answer, I have not found one yet but I see several threads discussing this adjustment and some talk about having an 8 ohm dummy load hooked up while doing this adjustment?? Attached is the section out of the service manual on how to do this adjustment, it...
  14. Keith Baran

Hi all Finishing up a re-cap I started months ago. I was performing the "power amp adjustments" the voltage adjustments are fine, 7.5 v on right and left channels, they adjusted very nicely. Then I attached my scope to the right channel, applied a 1k sine wave as I increased amplitude the top...
  15. Keith Baran

1030 Pwer Amp adjustments

Now that I keep listening to it,it's really not a hiss, it's that "air" sound like when the volume is really cranked up but there is no signal, nothing playing, weird. I'm still trying to find time to replace output tyrannies I blew on a 1060 a few weeks ago during amp adjustments. Wish I had...
  16. Keith Baran

1030 Pwer Amp adjustments

Hello all,I replied this post on one of my other post but I meant it to be here so.... Question, The amp in this thread, a Marantz 1030. I finished re-capping it on Oct 19th, 2017. I checked for hum or noise at that time. 8ohm speakers attached, nothing playing, full volume and only a very faint...
  17. Keith Baran

Marantz 1030 Power caps question

Hello all, Question, The amp in this thread, a Marantz 1030. I finished re-capping it on Oct 19th, 2017. I checked for hum or noise at that time. 8ohm speakers attached, nothing playing, full volume and only a very faint hiss if your ear was against the speaker. This amp has seen use everyday...
  18. Keith Baran

Marantz 240 refurb

Thanks dr, just clicked on the link and there is a statement on his site ... "Due to overwhelming work load I am limiting my rebuilds and repair to McIntosh and Vintage tube, sorry no updates and rebuilds for Pioneer, Marantz, and Sansui at this time." Bummer, oh well, keep looking:dunno:
  19. Keith Baran

Marantz 240 refurb

Thanks very much Dingman, I looked over those, I guess I should have looked deeper before I purchased. I think I could do the work, I have the equipment, but then I think, "what if something goes wrong, then it will cost even more to repair". Does anyone here have any recommendations on who...
  20. Keith Baran

Marantz 240 refurb

I just picked up a Marantz 240, probably paid more for than I should have, but I’ve been wanting one for a while and this one is all original parts and very mint condition. Recapping will probably take place after the New Year. In the mean time I was searching Audiokarma to learn from others who...
  21. Keith Baran

trimmer pots for marantz 1060

Looking to replace the trimmer pots R723, R724,R729,R730 in a 1060 amp. Looking for good replacements, preferably from Mouser. I found a thread the other night with suggestions, but I didn't bookmark it and now I can't find it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Keith
  22. Keith Baran

Blew my 1060 during adjustments

I am ordering transistors this weekend, I thought I may as well replace the trimmer pots also, any suggestions on a Mouser part # for R723,R724,R729,R730 Thanks Keith
  23. Keith Baran

Thanks for all the input and condolence's LOL. While I wait for transistors from Mouser I'm making some mini grabbers , meter leads, and alligator clips that are completely insulated except for the point of contact , What's hard to swallow is that I had everything very safe except when I wasn't...
  24. Keith Baran

All right, finally had some time to work on the blown 1060, I removed the output transistors, and guess what..... Blown, shorted, So at this point I really don't want to change the type so I checked on mouser for a replacement for these Hitachi 2SC897 the replacement I came up with is a On Semi...
  25. Keith Baran

I'll say, lots of energy, the spot on the chassis where the probe toughed looks like a model rocket just took off and left a blast area :biggrin:
Back
Top Bottom