Search results

1. BSome

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Don't know whether to go outside or not. There's a Devil Comet in the sky. but Jupiter's near Uranus :yikes:
  2. BSome

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

3. BSome

open
  4. BSome

5. BSome

Did you travel to see the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024?

Now that is a way cool place to view it. :thumbsup:
  6. BSome

7. BSome

8. BSome

It is definitely deeply rooted in the Rhythm and Blues of the 50s and 60s. Other popular groups of were Chairman of the Board, The Drifters, The Fantastic Shakers and Band of Oz to name a few. Of course you will need to learn the Shag Dance, more commonly refereed to as The Carolina Shag
  9. BSome

This album is from 1982 and yes side 1 is a medley of tunes from different groups that performed this genre known as beach music. If your not familiar, beach music is regional and very popular along the eastern seaboard from Georgia through the Carolina's. Those who grew up in this area and...
  10. BSome

11. BSome

Pop Coolers with Cold Water Around the Pop

I do remember 1st grade 1966 walking to grand-paws after school with older cousins and right at the school was Pearley Gasters store. It served one end of an old mill town of Ossipee. I don't remember if his cooler used ice or electric, but it was one of those chest type coolers and you took out...
  12. BSome

Fun Factoid Of The Day

Let me add that that he had a large family. In his book he stated that some his some sisters got away to or were sent to southern France where it was not as bad. He also 2 of his sisters met him when he arrived back in France
  13. BSome

March Madness - College Basketball 2024

I seam to remember a similar conversation a couple of years ago about a certain final 4 game, :biggrin: still crying about that one. :rflmao: I am pleasantly surprised to see them all still in the hunt. I think of the 3 I would like to see State win the most.
  14. BSome

Oh No what a conundrum. :dunno: Those Wolfies and the Dookies will square off tomorrow and I want both to win. First time in 38 years for NC State gets a shot to get there. One of my 2 favorite teams will be in the final 4. :banana::banana::banana:
  15. BSome

Fun Factoid Of The Day

While we keep references to the Hogans Heroes cast. Robert Clary was one of 13 members of his family taken to concentration camps. Out of those 13 taken, he was the only survivor.
  16. BSome

Fun Factoid Of The Day

My 1st thought was their diet, the author mentioned Buffalo and there were certainly plenty. A PBS show last fall estimated that there were 150 million, or more, buffalo roaming the country.
  17. BSome

Fun Factoid Of The Day

I read somewhere that he got that scar from the Nazis Just recently learned that, I know they portrayed him as a horrible violinist on Hogans Heroes. His mother was able to smuggle what money they had out by baking it inside a cake and carrying the cake in a box as they left Germany.
  18. BSome

Fun Factoid Of The Day

Or to put it in audio terms the day the music would die would happen about .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 seconds sooner here.
  19. BSome

Fun Factoid Of The Day

The clocks on the ISS have to be periodically adjusted to stay in sync with clocks here. It's like a 1/100 of a second every few months or so.
  20. BSome

21. BSome

22. BSome

Had to work today and didn't want to get too wrapped up so didn't watch any of the OT, but loved seeing those Wolfies make to the16 :jump: One of the business instructors I had is a big NC State fan and if he's still teaching I know he'll show up in all red tomorrow. I am probably much more...
  23. BSome

Things you don't see anymore.

We have one of those old milk boxes by the kitchen door. It is the box that the local dairy put the milk in when they delivered where I was growing up. I distinctly remember rushing out to get the fresh milk out of the box.
  24. BSome

Back
Top Bottom