Search results

1. silver faced

New caps

Hello Everybody:beerchug: , Well i finally got re-capping done on one each of two different sets of speakers. First was my Pioneer CS-66 E , The original caps were pretty close in tolerence but did them anyhow. The reason for doing only one of each was to do a comparison the pioneers took 3...
  2. silver faced

PICK UP IN SPOKANE SHIP TO TUCSON

Have the opportunity to purchase an old tubed amp but seller will not ship. Will pay for time and materials to ship. Let me know . Thanks to all
  3. silver faced

Tantalum or Not, Capacitors

So im doing a recap on http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pioneer-cs-66e-re-cap.772572/#post-10578649 . It looks like originals are Tantalum and can not fing but a few articles but nome address the type used . Opinions please
  4. silver faced

Pioneer CS-66E Re-Cap

So i got these a while back they are in above average condition and sound pretty nice paired with it's father a Pioneer SX-980. But with this pairing i cannot do a comparison so im going to get CAP list together and Re-Cap one first to see the difference between them. Mind you i have tried them...
  5. silver faced

Technics by panasonic where is the LOVE

Ok had some time today to do a little work on that gear i got a month ago. Tape deck Technics 630 was like pistine so it got a blow job and a litte De-Oxit lovin,The receiver was in pretty good shape on the outside but someone spilled some nasty stuff right through the grate on the top , not...
  6. silver faced

JBL LS80 Mahogany

I have a line on a mint shape pair for $400 but found only 3 threads here. I trust the members here for the opinions. I have heard them they are very nice. Is this a fair price. Anyone have anything to offer on experience with these JBL.s
  7. silver faced

What R U Eating Right Now

I just finished a 14 hr day and am not cooking but chowing down of some killer lasagna .....
  8. silver faced

First recap

Im going in deep boys and girls ! Got a very nice looking KA-7100 for 10bucks a few weeks ago with some other stuff. Time to get me cherry popped so to speak . It has 3 bad leaking caps. I have read Leesonics post, and it was a great read and gave me enough info to dive in. I matched all CAPS in...
  9. silver faced

Speaker Components

Where is a good place or 2 to buy speakers for building my own ..
  10. silver faced

Best bang for the buck capacitors

Looking for a source to buy lots of capacitors ! If anyone has a good source would you mind sharing it with me ?
  11. silver faced

what are they thinking

I see them often enough at decent prices , maybe i should quit my job and get into cabinets for stereos https://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/6134880202.html
  12. silver faced

New Stuff

Had to head off the Mountain of Northern AZ down to the desert to load up like i do every few weeks. Stop at all the places along the way so on so fourth ! This is what i scored for $130 denaros SP. One Technics SA-500 receiver $20 One Technics 630 tape deck free came with the receiver One...
  13. silver faced

Howdy Partners been a bit

Hope everyone is well and life is going in the right direction ! Been busy with work but im taking this weekend for myself. Acquired some cool stuff cheap while down off the mountains of Northern AZ. And found a nice entertainment cabinet that i have been searching for a while . Also acquired...
  14. silver faced

SAE screaming deal

If anyone is in the western Mass area go get this screaming deal https://westernmass.craigslist.org/ele/6121496255.html
  15. silver faced

DILEMMA

So i had to run some errands to Showlow AZ , of course had to get a set of speakers off CL , I knew they had damage and they are cool. They are Bates 8's series 1. My problem is they sound alright but to fix properly the wood wood be lots of work. One top corner is crushed someone dropped a...
  16. silver faced

Old post by Dr Stranglove

I was doing some serious searching and found what would be usefull. But the thread is dead and can not open any of the files http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pioneer-photos.73620/ Any guidance would be helpfull
  17. silver faced

Switch Boxes

To all my people out there in AK Land. Im interested in purchasing a switch box! After looking for weeks i found one it is a Sansui looks like it is in good shape. What im asking for is what are other options and what would it be worth if you were wanting one. I found an old thread on AK about a...
  18. silver faced

Half Off

So i go into town to load up with building supplies and make my usual stops, As this employee comes from the back room of the local GW with a cart and there on bottom shelf is this Thing a beautiful piece of art that i would like to have. I set it in my carriage and continue shopping grab a few...
  19. silver faced

Pawn Shops what a Laugh

So had to go back to the city to load up on materials for a job. Do the usual rounds . As im walking into this Pawn Shop i get in the door and this Monster is starring at me! Im on a mission need a BT speaker for a friend ,get that and ask Dude about receiver, Yea [he goes] been here a while, I...
  20. silver faced

Craving's

So i had to come off the mountain for a couple day's to load up with misc item's. After having enjoying my new Pioneer acquirement . It is amazing what you can get for under $100 bucks. Sorry folks got to leave ya hanging for a couple days. Will do a follow up soon...
  21. silver faced

Taking down my CT-F1000

So after having poured a drink to relax , I said self lets go take that deck down and see whats what. So got it on the old work bench looked around had a sip looked again ,got all the tools needed had a sip and a bong and a blitz and got to work. Took cage off and was happy to see everything...
  22. silver faced

i looked for an EQ discussion!!!!!!!!

So as i have been listening to many genres of music, Does anyone else have to turn down their 500KHZ to satisfy their own ears. If im in the wrong area correct me and i will obey. LOL
  23. silver faced

Pioneer Turntable to match my system !

Gentlemen and not so gentle men Here is the delema , I have been looking for info and have read many good article's ! This thread is only for info 1st hand knoledge of PIONEER TT's . I would like to complete full Era correct components i would like all components to be within 4yrs of each...
  24. silver faced

Leslie 120c's

Hey there everybody , Just finished cleaning and polishing a pair I got with the a Baldwin organ. They are a matched combo from original owner and are all near mint shape! Including the original red shag carpet that it sat on since new. I have pinned everything out and hooked up to stereo to see...
  25. silver faced

BALDWIN WITH TWO LESLIES

Ok so as i relax in the evening getting adjusted to my new living arrangements in this old Mortuary that i am turning into a MMJ caregivers CO-OP , I have some free time on my hand as i do not watch TV. I cruise the NET for my news or movies id enjoy to see, i surf CL Tucson and surrounding ares...
Back
Top Bottom