Search results

1. Luckyorleans

Speaker ID for upcoming sale.

Appreciate if anyone recognises this speaker. Sale on tomorrow and just noticed this in a picture of other items, perched way up high.
  2. Luckyorleans

Anyone recognize these drivers?

This is a single speaker in an auction and there are no ID marks on it but the drivers look interesting. Anyone recognize any of them?
  3. Luckyorleans

Tannoy London $3k CDN Ottawa, On

$3k CDN or about $2.2k US. No idea if a good price or not. 13% tax on that as well. Goes down by 10 per day for 3 days if not sold. https://ottawa.sellmystuffcanada.com/collections/barrhaven-online-sale-november-1st-4th/products/copy-of-pulaski-marble-top-dresser
  4. Luckyorleans

Odd Power Supply Wiring, Through a Disco Ball Motor

I picked this up today and thought the power supply was odd and very large. The equipment is a Yamaha MG 10/2 mixer and it takes a 3 pin DIN plug for the power supply. When I got it home I realized that the power supply was a DJ mirror ball motor with a 3 pin DIN plug running out from it. I...
  5. Luckyorleans

Ideas on these tube amps?

Saw these in an estate sale listing, and just wondering if anyone would know if these may be pulls from consoles or stand alone? And if the black casing on the shelf beside them could be with them, though they look to small? Not looking for an ID, not really anything to go on but was wondering...
  6. Luckyorleans

Anyone sell on Reverb? Experience good and not so good?

Just wondering if anyone is or has used Reverb to sell gear, and what the experience is/was like.
  7. Luckyorleans

Ideas on what these speakers are?

Any ideas on what the speakers in the picture are.
  8. Luckyorleans

Suggestions to Pack a Technics SL-10 for Shipping?

Any suggestions for packing a Technics SL-10 linear tracking turntable for shipping? I will take the platter off and pack it separate, but is there much else that can be done other than pack it with lots of protection and double box? Any point to taking the cartridge out?
  9. Luckyorleans

Shipping a 400 DVD changer.

I am going to be selling a Sony 400 DVD changer. Aside from proper boxing and cushioning should I be looking at doing anything to protect the carousel in it? I took the cover off but don't see anything obvious.
  10. Luckyorleans

Emit and Dome Tweeter together?

I saw these pictures showing speakers with both a dome and an emit tweeter. I don't know much about the emits but had only seen speakers with the emits only. Unfortunately, these are the only pictures of the speakers. I won't be getting to this sale but am curious about the configuration.
  11. Luckyorleans

Realistic LAB-2100 Table?

I think this is a Realistic LAB-2100 Table, can anyone confirm? I don't think the seller knows much about indicating the "new replacement needle" with a picture of a flip needle.
  12. Luckyorleans

Display glass on Sony CD player slipping.

The glass cover on a display on a Sony CD player is slipping. In the picture you can see at the top on the right the glass in tight to the edge, but is slipping as you go left. It appears that this was glued on. Has anyone seen this before and have ideas on how to fix if?
  13. Luckyorleans

Hitachi HA-6 Integrated Amplifier. Few Comparables. Value Thoughts?

I recently picked up a very nice, near mint, 1983 Hitachi HA-6 100 watt integrated amplifier in its original box, with manual. I have been trying to get a feel for value but am only finding one sale on Canuckaudiomart from 2016 for $150 CDN, and have checked the usual sites and googled it...
  14. Luckyorleans

Anyone Recognize this Equipment Decal?

This was in the papers with some gear I got, but I have not found any info on it. Very curious if anyone knows what company or gear this was with. Possibly a TV? Not really a Dollars and Sense thing but the regulars here see a very wide range of stuff!
  15. Luckyorleans

Sub-Woofer Pre-Out Connections Question.

I just picked up a Denon PRA-1500 and an M&K Sub and am looking to set it up with the preamp outputs. The amp is a Denon 2400. I have always run integrated amps, so wish to make sure I don't muck things up. The PRA-1500 has 2 sets of Pre-outs, one is XLR plugs and the other RCAs. The M&K...
  16. Luckyorleans

Any Ideas About These Bookshelf Speakers that Followed me Home?

Appreciate and information identifying these speakers, or any other thoughts good or bad! Each speaker is about 16 pounds, and 13.5" tall, 8.25" wide, 9.5" deep. The grills are missing and there are no ID labels. The build quality looked pretty good, and they had some weight so I picked them...
  17. Luckyorleans

Knob will not go on all the way. Pioneer Tuner

I acquired a Pioneer tuner, and pulled the knobs to clean them and the glass. One was a bit tough to get off but managed it. When reassembling I can only get it close but not on all the way. I tried some silicon lube, and pushed fairly hard and am concerned that pushing harder will crew up or...
  18. Luckyorleans

For Canada - $20 Optical Drive Lawsuit Settlement.

Article here, I have pasted in some info from it below. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/optical-drive-class-action-canada-1.6521951 NOTE: This is a Canadian settlement only. The claim website is: https://oddclassaction.com/ Individuals who bought electronics between 2004 and 2010 can...
  19. Luckyorleans

Spot anything worthy here?

Sale happening soon, any speakers of interest in here?
  20. Luckyorleans

Marantz 6100 Anti-Skate Weight on Thread/Wire specs?

Hi, does anyone know how long the thread or wire is that attaches to the anti-skate weight. I believe I read it is a 3 ounce weight but would appreciate confirmation. Looking to try a home brew solution. Thanks
  21. Luckyorleans

Sony "Key" with headshell accesories?

I got a Sony turntable that included the sealed bag with screws, plate and a Sony branded "key" that looks like it may be a screwdriver. It is much to thick to fit the headshell screws though. Appreciate any help in identifying what it is for, I have never seen one before. Picture is below.
  22. Luckyorleans

Camber Speaker ID

Looking at a pair of Camber speakers as I have been interested in those for a while. The seller said the ID tag fell off so he does not know the model. The indicated size is 8 ½" wide, 11" deep, 16" tall - pictures below. I understand that a lot of these had a SEAS tweeter in them as well...
  23. Luckyorleans

Tuner with Powered Speakers

I had never thought of this, but it is a good modern use for a tuner. I sold a tuner to a young guy that has powered speakers for his TV and he hooked to tuner up to them to get radio stations. I am sure that is old hat for folks, but I had never thought of that. It was a nice sleek HK i...
  24. Luckyorleans

Think this is a Sansui SR-222 MK II?

Appreciate any thoughts of if this a Sansui SR-222 MK II turntable. I am basing that on other pictures, and I think that is correct one but am not the familiar with Sansui tables. Thanks.
  25. Luckyorleans

Ideas on Receiver ID?

Upcoming sale, only thing that looks interesting is this silver faced unit but I have no idea about what it is. Any ideas are appreciated.
Back
Top Bottom