Search results

1. jozeppy26

Macbook Pro & Topping D30 DAC USB Problem

Alright well... my wife’s Mac also won’t recognize the DAC. I’m going to try a brand new USB cord tomorrow and if it doesn’t work, I’ll know it’s the DAC. I’ve only had this DAC for just over 1 year so naturally I’m a bit annoyed. :mad:
  2. jozeppy26

Quick update: I haven’t tried my wife’s MacBook as of yet but plan to sometime this week or weekend. I have tried a powered USB 3.0 hub and my Mac recognizes the hub but never the DAC. The unlock light remains illuminated red. I’ve also tried different cords and every port on my Mac and on the...
  3. jozeppy26

There’s only one USB mode. I have not tried another computer. I’ll try my wife’s tonight (she only has USB-C ports though).
  4. jozeppy26

I currently am trying to connect a MacBook Pro Retina (2012) to a Topping D30 DAC via USB. I've had issues with USB audio ever since Apple release El Capitan. I'm currently running Mojave 10.14.3. My Mac won't recognize the DAC (it's not listed in system information or MIDI or as an audio...
  5. jozeppy26

Anyone recognize these?

Ditto
  6. jozeppy26

Pioneer HPM100 vs HPM200

Well... the biggest difference I can think of is that I already own a pair of HPM-100s vs I REALLY want to own a pair of HPM-200s. I'm guessing you mean the HPM-100 100W version vs the HPM-100 200W version but I could be mistaken.
  7. jozeppy26

Chromecast Audio discontinued

I managed to find one on craigslist for $15. I hate Google so very much sometimes... *take off google glasses to cry, accidentally snaps picture, uploads it to Picasa, shares with friends on Google Plus, copies to his Nexus, pays for prints with his Google Wallet Debit Card.
  8. jozeppy26

Chromecast Audio discontinued

People worry so much about privacy.... do they really believe anyone else honestly cares about their everyday life? I'm rocking a facebook portal over here! If Facebook wants to watch me sit on my couch to watch TV, listen to music, or read or ;-) then so be it. They can knock their socks off.
  9. jozeppy26

Solid copper vs stranded copper speaker wire?

I buy OFC stranded 12 or 14 gauge wire by the foot at a hardware store. I then tin the ends, apply heat shrink tubing, then solder tinned end to pin terminals on both ends (sometimes banana plugs instead of pin terminals depending on the wire's purpose).
  10. jozeppy26

Topping D50

I believe several studies have shown that a known price per bottle is the greatest influence both when rating wines and when subjectively measuring the enjoyment level of the wine. I suspect this is the case with a lot of audio equipment. The placebo effect is real and measurable (for example...
  11. jozeppy26

Sansui SP-5500 Restoration

my wife did that once with a METAL dish. :yikes::rant::no::eek2: It hasn't happened since.
  12. jozeppy26

Bluetooth or WiFi speakers in every room?

Another Chromecast Audio (CCA) suggestion here. You can create multiple groups that contain multiple CCAs so for instance, I have a “downstairs” group and a “whole house” group. They also have a built-in DAC or they can send digital out to a separate DAC via a mini toslink cable. Very versatile...
  13. jozeppy26

Need some speaker suggestions....

Also, I’ve never personally heard the Marantz HD770 or HD880 speakers in person and while they’re not considered bad speakers they’re also not held up very high by many. If I were you, I wouldn’t invest anywhere close to 2K in them. Marantz speakers are usually pretty terrible if I’m not...
  14. jozeppy26

Keep in mind, the 200 W version (aka HPM 100B) are PEAK 200W speakers. They’re 100 W continuous speakers. At home I feel like I’m really jamming out at only 1 W - 5 W. They get loud quick. You should ALWAYS prefer an amp with a higher power rating than the speakers to eliminate risk of clipping.
  15. jozeppy26

Speakers beside the Christmas Tree... post your pics

The famous HPM 100’s and a gorgeous live Frazier fir
  16. jozeppy26

Pioneer hpm 100

THANK YOU!!!! It drives me insane when I see others replacing the film capacitors simply because they’re old and they falsely believe the caps must be out of spec. It also cracks me up when people think the super tweeter is broken because they can’t hear it.
  17. jozeppy26

I was just getting ready to recommend HPM-100 speakers for you based on your first comment and it seems you’ve already discovered them for yourself. They’re great sounding west coast JBL-esque speakers, are considered beautiful by both husbands and wives, they handle a ton of juice at 100W...
  18. jozeppy26

JBL L100

Good lord it’s a Christmas miracle! Congrats and enjoy man!
  19. jozeppy26

Sansui SP-5500 - what’s it worth?

Well good thing I have another pair. :beatnik:
  20. jozeppy26

JBL LX55 Restoration

General Sound Impression: Punchy, upfront, and unremarkable. At first they sound bright but this seems to be fairly inconsistent. At certain times you start to think you’re about to develop fatigue. Other times you crave an almost crisp harshness that it’s lacking. These highs aren’t often...
  21. jozeppy26

JBL LX55 Restoration

Next it was cleanup time. The great thing about them being vinyl is all I had to do was grab a bottle of generic multisurface cleaner spray and some paper towels. I got lazy and also did this on the foam along the front. I ALMOST got fancy and used ethanol/water mix but I was lazy. I did use a...
  22. jozeppy26

JBL LX55 Restoration

Alright first thing is first, foam surround replacement on those woofers. I’m very meticulous in removing the old adhesive and foam residue and of course shimming and replacing the dust cap. Side note: I found a lollipop melted inside. Yay I got to clean that up. :wtf: Now checkout what...
  23. jozeppy26

JBL LX55 Restoration

Alright I finally was able to get to this project (The past few months had me busy moving, buying a house, unpacking, house projects, etc) BUT I finally managed to finish these. Before:
  24. jozeppy26

I also realized I never posted final pictures of both cabinets on this thread. Here they are (well here they were, they’re long sold now).
  25. jozeppy26

Oh man, sorry for the late response! Here’s a better picture of the values.
Back
Top Bottom