Search results

1. MuchoReverbo

MuchoReverbo's Modern Surf/Spy/Instro-Mental Thread

The Dynotones – The Dynotones! (2001) If you are into instrumental surf rock like I am, this is one to get! Originally released in 2001 and the re-released in 2003 & 2010 due to popular demand. A great album from a superior band with no filler. Makes me want to jump in my hot rod and go...
  2. MuchoReverbo

Awesome! I have seven Insect Surfer CDs in my collection. Datura Moon Death Valley Coastline Infra Green Live in the Valley of the Sun Mojave Reef Reverb Sun Satellite Beach
  3. MuchoReverbo

There are so many great surf/instro bands out there. A lot contain at least one guitar virtuoso. Here's another one of my favorites... and like Messer Chups they have the virtuoso Alex Antonio (Argentina) and also have a hot chick on rhythm guitar Marisol Yolanda (Chile). Los Twang Marvels –...
  4. MuchoReverbo

Los Straitjackets - !Viva Los Straitjackets! (1996) Everyone knows these masked guys. Conan O’Brien’s favorite band! They have been on his shows many times. America's favorite instrumentalists. CD Release Date: June 4, 1996 Label: Upstart/Umgd Total Playing Time: 37:55 Pacifica (Live on...
  5. MuchoReverbo

Messer Chups - The Incredible Crocotiger (2015) A killer release from St. Petersburg Russia’s best surf band! This one is a little more horror-themed than their earlier releases. CD Release Date: June 12, 2015 Label: Storage Records Total Playing Time: 43:23 Magneto Website...
  6. MuchoReverbo

Title says it all. A thread dedicated primarily to modern Surf, Spaghetti, Spy-Fi, Hot Rod, Instro-Mental Mania!!! You know, Jimi was dead wrong when he said we'd never hear surf music again. Quite the contrary. The genre remains as a vibrant niche' worldwide. It's my area of specialization as...
  7. MuchoReverbo

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

What am I listening to right now? This, and it's bringing back some pretty cool memories.
  8. MuchoReverbo

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

My favorite Dennis Yost song from the summer of '69. Not surprisingly this song has been receiving a lot of airplay all of a sudden. "Yesterday's love was like a warm summer's breeze" Great song with great sax and no one will ever be able to do it better than Classics IV did.
  9. MuchoReverbo

Seriously, 13.2 channels? What a joke Denon.

At my last house I ran a 10.3 set-up in a pretty large room. It was awesome. Movies were on a different level altogether. Concert videos were like being part of the show. Can't fit that many speakers in my smaller listening room at my new house though.
  10. MuchoReverbo

Who should get the 4th spot for the college football playoff

Not this year it wasn't. Take away Georgia and Alabama (which was a very good national championship game) and the SEC wasn't that spectacular. It's a shame the two SEC teams didn't have to face a Big 10 team in the playoff. Georgia or Alabama might not have made it to the final. Clemson was a...
  11. MuchoReverbo

Who should get the 4th spot for the college football playoff

I think now in hindsight it was pretty-clear that Penn State should have been the #4 team. Clemson proved themselves to be undeserving in their game. The Tigers were definitely overrated. Even though Ohio State beat PSU by one point in a miracle 4th quarter comeback at the horseshoe, the...
  12. MuchoReverbo

Always liked these little first-gen Novas....

The car the OP posted is a 2nd gen Chevy II/Nova. 1st gen was 1962-1965 2nd gen was 1966-1967 3rd gen was 1968-1974 4th gen was 1975-1979 There was a so-called 5th gen in the 80s but it was based on a Japanese Mitsubishi and is usually not included as a real Nova by the afficionados. I...
  13. MuchoReverbo

Their Satanic Majesties Request Stereo/Mono LP & SACD set

I have two versions of the vinyl LP. The original release which has the 3D cover. If I recall correctly, I think only the first few thousand copies originally had it. The later versions just had a regular cover. It's pretty-cool that they decided to re-release this iconic album as an expanded...
  14. MuchoReverbo

Who has used uShip? What kind of experience was it?

When you place an ad on UShip you can specify how you want the item packaged or protected. Blanket-wrap is one option but if you feel the need you can specify a pallet or whatever. Of course you usually will pay more the more complex the packaging is. Sometimes the guys will have a professional...
  15. MuchoReverbo

Their Satanic Majesties Request Stereo/Mono LP & SACD set

I have the original vinyl album with the 3-D cover.
  16. MuchoReverbo

Just Psychedelic

Young Flowers - 1968 & No. 2 1969 (1997) Their first two awesome albums on one CD! Danish psychedelic, progressive rock band formed in Copenhagen in the summer of 1967. The Daybreak Slow Down Driver And Who But I Should Be
  17. MuchoReverbo

Will a Lexus SC 300 appease my mid-life crisis ?

American cars vs Japanese has always been kind of like Ohio State vs Michigan (well maybe not quite that intense). American Graffiti vs The Fast & The Furious. I'm only a couple years older than you and if I were to win the Powerball this Wednesday or something like that, I'd probably have to...
  18. MuchoReverbo

Notice I said what I would get. To each his own. 20 years from now when this question is asked the replies will probably include electric or self-driving cars. Anyway, my response was not meant as an insult or anything. Sorry if it came off that way. You younger guys will obviously pick...
  19. MuchoReverbo

Who has used uShip? What kind of experience was it?

I have used them several times now. I usually post an ad with the amount I want to spend and let the shippers respond. If I you don't get any responses you can decide if you want to up the price or end the ad. I have had several items shipped including speakers. They blanket-wrap them like...
  20. MuchoReverbo

Wow! I think you're the one who needs to lighten up Lazuraus. Calling a car a rice burner isn't meant to be racist there dude. And what's with the Confederate flag BS? That sounds kind of racist to me. It appears to me like you really didn't want anyone to respond to the question you posted...
  21. MuchoReverbo

I don't know. Maybe "midlife crisis" comes earlier for you millennials than it does for us boomers but for me anything less than a 60's American muscle car just won't cut it. I want to own something I drooled over as a youngster but couldn't afford back then. It sure as hell wasn't any rice...
  22. MuchoReverbo

Who owned cars with multiple carburetors ?

Here are some cool ads and magazine articles from the 60's on the Man-A-Fre direct port induction 4x2: Here's an article where they removed the factory Rochester mechanical fuel injection from a 327 Corvette and replaced it with a Man-A-Fre 4x2. They claimed that the driveability was...
  23. MuchoReverbo

Who owned cars with multiple carburetors ?

Most 6-pack and tri-power (3x2) intakes operate similarly. During idle and low RPM cruising the center carb feeds all the fuel. When you punch the accelerator the front and back carbs open up like the secondaries in a 4bbl. They are basically a 6bbl. That's why only the center carb has a choke...
Back
Top Bottom