Search results

1. NumbDiver

Seeking large object shipping advice!

Hey Scott! Not on AK much any more. No, the Focus HD just recently left locally, after all these years. The Japan shipping was a set of Infinity RS1b. The only walnut set in existence. Arnie Nudel made them for Bill Johnson of Audio Research. I inherited them after Bill died.
  2. P8110225

P8110225

3. P8110222

P8110222

4. P8110226

P8110226

5. P8110227

P8110227

6. QRS bass cabs

QRS bass cabs

7. NumbDiver

Please Post your Infinity speakers

Swechsler, you are correct. There were never any QRS with 16 rear facing woofers. Arnie's Sweet Sixteen cabinets were front facing. They were offered on later QRS and as upgrades to the earlier sales. They were the answer to The Absolute Sound's Harry Pearson review and comments that the...
  8. NumbDiver

Please Post your Infinity speakers

It's been a loooong time since I've poked my head into Audiokarma, so hello again. I've been around the block a few times here, so only the old-timers that have been on AK a long time will remember me. Just a quick heads-up on the ebay ad you reference. Those Strathern panels were built by a...
  9. NumbDiver

NumbDiver is the big five-oh!!

I've always figured you either get old, or you don't. Since I don't like that alternative, I'll take 50 and wear it as a badge of honor <yeah right>. Getting old sucks. Luckily my brain is convinced I'm still the same spry, lean, good lookin 35 yr old I used to be. I'm rolling with it.:thmbsp:
  10. NumbDiver

Seeking large object shipping advice!

I've shipped a few things of 'size'. Largest was a pair of speakers that weighed 500lbs. I made a custom hardwood pallet 4'x6'. Packed (boxed and shrink-wrapped) the pallet was 5' high. I'm in MN. They ended up in Yokahama, Japan. Cost, including $10k worth of insurance...about $750...
  11. NumbDiver

a favor for a great kid please

Done. I have great respect for Jeff/specialidiot as a father and good judge of character. His endorsement of this girl is all I need to know. There is honor in helping someone if only by spreading the word of their achievements. So much bad in the world right now at this age, I believe...
  12. NumbDiver

Cdfac -My second favorite Iowan

Only 'cause William Elliot Whitmore is my favorite. Chris buys stuff from me on occasion. He's a cheap bastard, but he never makes me ship anything. I'd rather sell to a semi-local cheap bastard than have to dick around with shipping. Ok, so he's not really cheap. I still think he's a bit of...
  13. NumbDiver

radkrisdoc just drove 5 hours one way...

...to pick up some old, crappy Infinity drivers I had. :D Kris pays quickly, and he saved me from having to ship 4x Lemims and 8x 12" woogers. While I could've gotten more on ebay, my time and frustration of shipping would have outweighed the additional profits. Good to meet'cha Kris!
  14. NumbDiver

Room mode correction

Distributed bass and extensive room correction is awesome, and done correctly can yield amazing results with the right guy with an RTA and the knowledge to use it. Since I live in the real world (my living room is my main 2 channel room, and I can't live with every wall/floor/ceiling treatment...
  15. NumbDiver

Room mode correction

Room correction was the single biggest step forward I have made in audio in years. The differences are astounding.. I use RC entirely in the digital realm using IK ARC 2, through Pure Music, then off to my Lynx Hilo for D/A. Another friend just bought the new Amarra Symphony with RC built in...
  16. NumbDiver

Canton CT-800

Yes, but it appears the CT-80 and 800 are more similar to each other than say a CT-800 and Vento? But I did preface my personal opinions of my speakers with a comment that I don't know how similar they are to the OP's. I'm curious enough now that I will run a near field RTA on mine to see if...
  17. NumbDiver

Canton CT-800

I have no idea how to double quote, so I'll have to point you to my first post of this thread. Perhaps you only read the second page? I explained all your questions earlier in my first response to the OP. I've owned mine for years, and stand by my opinion (which is why they are hallway...
  18. NumbDiver

Canton CT-800

<thread derailment> Thank you. That's my boy, Crosby! http://www.cafepress.com/dd/4501429 It was his 2nd birthday. We repeated (with an additional burger each year until his death) but never got as good of a picture. But this version has sold to about 50% of the countries around the...
  19. NumbDiver

Canton CT-800

Or step out of vintage and find a pair of Usher Tiny Dancers? They totally blew me away. Scary-good IMO, but still not exactly cheap used. Also, the NHT SB-3 I use in my kitchen system continually impress me for the price. The Canton tweeter (IMO) is nowhere nearly as...
  20. NumbDiver

Canton CT-800

Not sure how they compare, but I've owned CT-80 for about 3-4 years. I use them in our second story hallway with a powered Sonos unit. I don't love Canton tweeters, as they can be a bit fatiguing with the wrong amplification. They are a good enough speaker, but they are not a great speaker...
  21. NumbDiver

Speaker ID please

I had visions of 8x woofers per tower, firing sideways. Full line array of mids/tweeters in the 'front'. Kinda odd that they choose to put the binding posts on the sides. That's what threw me off. Any other pics for the heck of it?
  22. NumbDiver

Speaker ID please

This one's killing me! Anyone?
  23. NumbDiver

Rock Solid Sounds Inc Ltd

And made by B&W (Bowers & Wilkins) :thmbsp:
  24. NumbDiver

Not audio, but just as cool!

WHY WOULD I WANT THAT??!!??:no::no: <and why do I want that?>:scratch2: :thmbsp:
  25. NumbDiver

4SeatPilot reaches new highs!!

We did a funky deal with a Yamaha B-1 that I had being recapped at Avionc's place. Even with the fact that he didn't get the amp yet (not done), he moved forward and paid me (including PP fees). I wholly recommend dealing with this awesome AK'er!! :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom