Search results

1. turbodan

NAD C 275BEE Idle Current Adjustment

Hi All, Has anyone here ever adjusted the idle current on a NAD C 275BEE? I have repaired a few other unrelated circuit issues in this unit, and once I got it up and running, noticed a small amount of distortion on the right channel. It only occured during low volume passages, which led to...
  2. turbodan

Harman Kardon 730 Repair Question

Hi Guys, Been working on a new to me Harman Kardon 730 receiver. Upon receipt the left channel was completely shorted, there was 38V at the speaker output:yikes:! Luckily I had the sense to measure it before hooking any speakers up, so no speakers were harmed in the making of this post...
  3. turbodan

Help Me Get My 500C Tuner Working (Video Inside)

Hi All, I have a very late production 500c that I am attempting to get the tuner working on. The amp sat for many years before I got it, but with a replaced selenium rectifier in the bias supply, I was able to get the amplifier up for some basic testing. A full restoration is in the works for...
  4. turbodan

DIY Class A amplifier

Hey Guys! I'm looking to build an amplifier as an independent study project for my final semester as an electrical engineering student. Im looking to go all out and make something fairly substantial that I'll keep for a long time. I've looked around and found a couple of neat looking Class A...
  5. turbodan

DIY Stereo Tube amp Schematic

I am interested in building a stereo tube amplifier, but am not sure on where to begin. I've looked into the Dynaco ST-70 amplifier kits that you can buy, and while I'm sure they sound great, I'm looking for more of a project than a kit that can be put together in a few afternoons. I plan on...
  6. turbodan

HK 330c Blew Both Output Fuses!

Hi everyone, So, I was listening to my Harman Kardon 330c at a low volume level for about a half hour or so when all the sudden a loud 60hz tone came through the speakers for about two seconds and both output fuses blew. Everything else on the amp works, the dial lights up and I can still...
  7. turbodan

Has anyone seen the Sota Turntable on House?

I have recently started watching the show "House" on Fox, and when I was watching the credits at the end of the show, it mentioned sponsorship by "Sota Turntables":D. So, has anyone seen a turntable in the show, or did they just provide monetary support? My guess is that it would have to be in...
  8. turbodan

Online Record Shops

A few weeks ago I recall reading a thread that noted some good places to buy test lp's online. I went to the websites and liked them, but now, I cant seem to find that thread, even after searching. SO, my question is where does everyone go online for new vinyl? I'm not necessarily looking for...
  9. turbodan

Bell 2122B Capacitor Replacement

Hello Everyone, this is my first post! I am extremely new to tube audio and have recently started restoration of a Bell 2122B amplifier.I just wanted to make sure i made the right decisions on what to replace the large can capacitors with. For the 40/40/40 uf @ 450/450/25 Volt Capacitor, I...
Back
Top Bottom