Search results

1. M

Decware Zen & Klipsch

Hello! I recently got my self a pair of Klipsch La Scala AL4. Pretty good deal, great condition if you don't count some scratches here and there. Right now I have them hooked to my restored marantz 4400 and believe me, they sound amazing! I compared them with a Rotel RA-980BX and even though it...
  2. M

Cabasse drakkar. Thoughts?

I can get my hands on a pair of Cabasse Drakkar. They seem to be in excellent condition with original units. They go for 250€. I see they are quite sensitive but dont go quite low. Thoughts?
  3. M

Vintage marantz and logitech sub

I've tried various combinations but can't connect my logitech z5500 subwoofer to my marantz 4400. I tried the same "tape out" to which i have the dac (tape in) and also tried the pre-out but only managed to lose sound on one speaker. I am using a rca to jack cable and I am connecting it to the...
  4. M

Marantz 4400 sound leak(?)

Hello everyone! I have yet another question about my 4400. When I turn it on I get an annoying hissing sound on my left speaker even if the volume is set to 0. After it settles down I get a distorted version of whatever is playing from my source(any source) with my volume knob still set at 0...
  5. M

Vintage speakers for the 4400

Hello everyone! I will soon be moving to a larger house and will be in need of larger speakers as well to pair with my marantz 4400. I am more than pleased with the Acoustic energy 301 I have right now in the tiny room but I think that they will let me down in a much more open space. So, I was...
  6. M

DAC for spotify

As some of you have seen in another thread,I recently discovered spotify premium and ever since it has become my main source for casual listening. I am just connecting my laptop or cellphone on the amp which is a 1975 marantz,so no sort of an integrated dac or anything similar. But it still...
  7. M

Vinyl Vs Spotify Home Test

I tried a very interesting experiment and the results puzzled me. I was listening to a yes album on my turntable and decided to compare the sound quality with that of spotify. My setup is the following: -Marantz 4400(recapped) -Pro-ject essential II(only upgrade is the cork mat). -Cambridge...
  8. M

New Q-Acoustics or used EPOS?

Hello there I am looking to buy a pair of bookshelf speakers for a small room(around 9m3). So I have the following dillema:Should I get the Q-Acoustics 3020 for around 210€ or a pair of EPOS ELS3 used in (said) good condition? Would they be any better than the brand new Qs? I will pair them...
  9. M

Akg K702 paired with Marantz 4400

Hello! I'm back with another newbie question. Since my wife generally cant stand music playing in the house I thought I should treat myself to a good pair of headphones. A friend of mine was really not pleased with the "lack of bass" of his brand new AKG K702 so I helped him get rid of them. I...
  10. M

Pro-ject essential II platter wobble

Hello there! I recently noticed that my turntable's platter is slightly tilting. I removed it to check if there is something obvious but didnt find anything. When I remove the belt and give it a gentle spin it will go on for more than a minute,still wobbling! I dont know if I'm overreacting here...
  11. M

Modern speakers for vintage receiver

Hello everyone I have a Marantz 4400 with a pro-ject essential II turntable and a set of sony speakers. The receiver is going to be restored(recaped,cleaned etc) even though it seems to work fine so far. What would be a decent pair of speakers to pair this setup? The room is rather small(about...
Back
Top Bottom