Search results

1. amb3cog

Help using thick speaker wire on 2275

Hi guys. This is my first post in this forum I think. A few weeks ago, or so, I finally joined the Marantz Owners Club. I got a Marantz receiver of my own, a 2275 to be exact. I've always wanted one since I was a kid, because my older brother had one. Even though I never would have admitted it...
  2. amb3cog

Pink Floyd Ready Massive ‘The Later Years’ Box Set

Looks like it's about $430 on pre-order at Bull Moose. https://www.bullmoose.com/p/31952910/pink-floyd-the-later-years-1987-2019-5-cd-6-blu-ray-5-dvd-2-x-7-box-set The double LP is about $40, and the single CD is about $12. Amazon is about $475 for the big set. Promo Video...
  3. amb3cog

OZZY Announces $500 Career-Spanning 24-Piece Vinyl Box Set. Bonus Zakk Wylde commercial.

Not sure I'd drop five Franklins on this myself, but the commercial is priceless. Enjoy :beerchug: Andy B. https://metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/ozzy-announces-massive-500-career-spanning-24-piece-vinyl-box-set-with-rarities
  4. amb3cog

Crutchfield Speaker Compare

Well it looks like all those YouTube videos of speakers have finally convinced a company to use them as a marketing technique. They will even send you a listening kit (Sennheiser HD 280 Pro/Dragonfly Black) to use for a month. It's a $25 rental, but includes a $25 merchandise certificate. So...
  5. amb3cog

One of the best Lemon Flavored Cookies I've ever had!

Just had to share this, in case there's any other lemon cookie fans on here, or just for the sweet tooth's in general. Annie's Homegrown Organic Lemon Drop Cookie Bites. These things are really good. Almost like a shortbread type cookie, similar to a Pecan Sandie type of cookie (in consistency)...
  6. amb3cog

Taylor Player undersells, and over-delivers!

Daren sold me a bunch of records. I originally bought 3 Ringo LP's from him, and was floored at the condition of them. Pulled out the first one, and couldn't find a mark on it AT ALL! He could have basically graded it as high as you can grade a record, but didn't. He also could have asked more...
  7. amb3cog

vintage 5.0 is da man!

This feedback is for Ken (AKA vintage 5.0). We traded different brand DACs (my black Grant Fidelity Tube DAC 11 for his silver Parasound Zdac) so we could each get the color we wanted to match our systems. Both DACs were basically the same original price, and had very similar features. So it was...
  8. amb3cog

Hard Rock version of Mr Grinch anyone?

https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-11-28-hear-a-searing-hard-rock-version-of-youre-a-mean-one-mr-grinch/
  9. amb3cog

Really cool tube amp/preamp/headphone amp

Massdrop has the Cayin HA-1A available right now. I think it's a good deal money wise. But I really just think this is a very cool piece. I love that it's so versatile. And it's a cool shape. Would be great for a desktop setup. Or as a preamp next to a similar shaped amp. I'm thinking that it...
  10. amb3cog

RCA Cables for my system. Billy Jean, or Monoprice?

So I've finally finished putting all the pieces together in my solid state system I use for rock and roll today. It should all be in my possession in two, or three days. And I want to get new cables. I don't own any quality cables. I'm not looking for overpriced audiophile stuff. Just low...
  11. amb3cog

High Definition Vinyl!!!

That's right folks. High Definition Vinyl. Check it: https://pitchfork.com/news/high-definition-vinyl-is-happening-possibly-as-early-as-next-year/amp/
  12. amb3cog

Very cool JVC CD4 system with Quad Headphones!

Check this out. So cool!
  13. amb3cog

Will a Dynaco Pas 2 work with AVA Omega Star 250EX?

Hi all. The AVA amp is a 25,000 ohm impedence. Not sure on the Pas, but I've read it's designed for the ST-70. And I read that has a 100,000 ohm impedence. I emailed Frank Van Alstine, and he says I'll lose gain. Is this a big deal? I don't want any less power, or volume going to my Cerwin...
  14. amb3cog

Want to be blown away by a legend? Listen to this Arnie Nudell interview.

This is an interview of Arnie Nudell (Infinity Speakers) by Paul McGowan of PS Audio fame. I highly recommend you listen till the end. There's a simple pearl of wisdom relating to appreciation of what you have I think everyone should hear. And a great story about driving high end Sports Cars...
  15. amb3cog

Solo H500 Studio Monitors MA Craigslist

https://worcester.craigslist.org/ele/d/solo-h500-horn-monitors-hifi/6512122567.html Couldn't find any info, and no affiliation. But if I had the money right now I would definitely go give these a listen myself. They look nice with that big wooden midrange horn that. It seems like it goes from...
  16. amb3cog

Where to report problems with forum?

I've been recently having problems with typing on this forum. And only this forum. For instance I hit the space bar and the first letter of the word I just typed gets inserted instead of the space. And when I hit the word that my typing app (SwiftKey) suggests as I'm typing. It instead gives me...
  17. amb3cog

Help me build my first open baffle prototype please.

Okay. So I've got these: And this: And would like to mate them together, and play them on one, or both of these: What do you think would be the best way to go about doing that? Specifically I would like to know 1) The best tool for the job of cutting the box. I don't have much to...
  18. amb3cog

OFFICIAL. Official Winter Storm Grayson/Brody/"Bombogenesis" thread.

This, just in case you're wondering, is the OFFICIAL official thread for the first winter storm of 2018. What makes it OFFICIAL? Or even official? Because I said it is. Duh? Okay I'm just being silly. Feel free to start your own thread. Just know mine was first bitches! LOL Okay so we had...
  19. amb3cog

Having trouble with WiFi signals? Not tech savvy? I found a solution, for me anyway

So I had my old router/modem combo that barely got to my audio/video room. I tried an extender. It made it just bearable. Then the combo unit crapped out. So in a pinch I just went to Cox, and rented one, until I could do some research. It's the new "Panoramic" WiFi. In a word. It "SUCKS". In a...
  20. amb3cog

Opinions on Scott 200 amplifier

Hi guys. What do you all think about this integrated amp? I have a really nice SET/SEP (switchable) hand made amp that is amazing, but I want to try a PP, and factory one. I also could use a little more SPL, and hopefully stronger bass. So I thought I might try one of these, since they're...
  21. amb3cog

Today's score. Canton Quinto 540 w/pics

Hey all. So I tried to not buy anymore speakers, but well ya know. :dunno: So I'm perusing Craigys List O'goodies. And I spy these speakers I've never heard of. Look them up. Seem very nice. Email dude. Get back a cryptic response. Thought nah, not in the mood for CL weirdos today. But then I...
  22. amb3cog

Pilot R300 Solid State Stereophonic Receiver

Anybody know anything about this unit? Is it any good? I've heard Pilot tube is good. But what about their solid state stuff? Any idea on how many watts? I'm assuming it's not very much. What about any info at all. I couldn't find a thing about it. Other then one being sold, and that looked...
  23. amb3cog

ADS L780 sound profile

How would you describe these? I have a line on some. And even though I said I wasn't buying any more speakers for a while. I heard the L980's at FrankenFest and was very impressed. How's the bass? Are they bright, warm, neutral? Fatiguing at all? Vocals? Okay in a smaller room (14x15...
  24. amb3cog

Back to vinyl after 20+yrs. Pioneer PL-255

Hi all. I decided to get back into vinyl. I found a PL-255 on Craigslist in mint shape w/ factory box, and manual for $80. Talked the guy down because the arm wouldn't auto play. Turns out it was just adjusted wrong. Read your manuals folks. :) It has a Stanton 500 v3 on it. I am not sure this...
  25. amb3cog

Audiogon seller ratings rigged?

Saw this while researching some speakers I saw on CL. https://www.reddit.com/r/audiophile/comments/6i8ooo/psa_be_aware_of_the_ratings_you_see_on_audiogon/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=top_post Make of it what you will. Just thought I should make everyone here aware of this in case they aren't...
Back
Top Bottom