Search results

1. BattleBrat

Jbl junkie

Well I have a pair of JBL Studio 590's but they're a bit much for nighttime use *laughs* I was impressed by the Control 1s/ SB-1 I didn't expect them to be so capable for their size...
  2. BattleBrat

Jbl junkie

What is your opinion on the JBL Control 1 and SB-1 system? Why did JBL discontinue the SB-1 and SB-5 subwoofers yet keep the speakers in production? Could you please tell me more about the JBL Control Micros, I know little about them...
  3. BattleBrat

What Audio Brand That You Will Never Buy And Why?

Depends what you're using of theirs, I wouldn't mind if these 301 series V's and 101's (with the Bose Acoustimass bass system sub) hung around for a while...
  4. BattleBrat

Seriously, 13.2 channels? What a joke Denon.

That pretty much confirms how I understand Dolby Atmos works
  5. BattleBrat

Seriously, 13.2 channels? What a joke Denon.

Yes, it is my understanding that Dolby atmos has rendered the 13 speaker set ups irrelevant, because it changes how the sound is decoded and sent to the speakers.
  6. BattleBrat

Let's see your cans!

Pro 4AA Titaniums!! How do you like em?
  7. BattleBrat

Another dissapointment from another U.S. manufacturer: Schiit

Then I lose all my fancy DSP programs and the Control I have with Windows :-(
  8. BattleBrat

That's what Fidelizer is for ;-)
  9. BattleBrat

As a mechanic that's horrific! "Holts Rad Weld" that's awesome, stop leak as an actual manufacturer approved fix. I had a pair of Sony Headphones, my CD-2000's bought em new around 2004. I used em for years, then 8 years and thousands of hours later I sent them to Sony for new drivers. Sony...
  10. BattleBrat

I use a Creative X-fi HD for my cheap DAC needs and it comes with high res support (96/24) a rather decent headphone amp (does my HD598's justice) and a phono stage (never really used it, still have my Luxman E-03) I've had one previously I had for 3 years and gave it to my old employer because...
  11. BattleBrat

Repair of Scratches on top of a Black Component

Hand-knit lace doily, accept no substitute!
  12. BattleBrat

Bose 601 Series II / Sansui au9900

:-( my condolences on your Wife. I have new Bose 301 series V's I was playing with them with my B&K reference 125.2 125wpc 8 Ohm amp and they're placement picky as well
  13. BattleBrat

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD DAC (Sound Card)

I'm using one right now with my Surface pro and my JBL Control one system, great little box!
  14. BattleBrat

Do You Ever Wish Less Would Satisfy?

Bose 301's for me, I have two pairs new in the box after trading in my destroyed 901's. But my JBL's and Thiels are treating me really well although my Control one system is not exactly top of the line it punches above its weight. I may sell the Thiels and get a 50" Sony Bravia TV and Onkyo...
  15. BattleBrat

Why didn’t I think of this, Vacuum Glass Gripper

Bass doesn't extend as far as the Talons, they're not quite as smooth, they are more dynamic though, and the sound stage is a hair larger with better imaging although thet maybe the new source gear. I love em!
  16. BattleBrat

*Laughs* I had piano movers move my Khoruses coincidentally also up 3 flights of stairs.the Studio 590s were a lot easier to move.
  17. BattleBrat

I dunno, it might bend the outer panels of the equipment you're trying to lift...
  18. BattleBrat

Best recommendation for a NEW small receiver

Look into Teac, them boys love their tiny receivers
  19. BattleBrat

Help ID this Monster speaker cable

It looks like Z2 reference, I have Z3's and Z4's they are THICK and the Z1's don't have sheathing.
  20. BattleBrat

If you had to start over...

I pretty much did that as well after my Talon Khorus speakers died, went from Vinyl and CD's SACD's to all digital (High resolution FLAC and DSD, Spotify and Slacker) using a computer. I still have a separate analog rig though..
  21. BattleBrat

Hello rickknight, I noticed you posted about JBL Control Micro speakers, do you still have the...

Hello rickknight, I noticed you posted about JBL Control Micro speakers, do you still have the JBL Control SB Micro subwoofer?
  22. BattleBrat

Calibrated Microphone/Room Corection; is it worth it?

I use Math Audio, it gives an option for a treble rolloff that I like. I use the Mini DSP USB mic due to the fact it is calibrated and Math Audio uses the calibration file.
  23. BattleBrat

Realistic Minimus 7 ID Thread

Dang it, I was outbid, I put in $75+12 shipping so I put up a fight. I think I'll go for a pair of later Japanese ones 1990 in black. I have a Sound Blaster X7 and it has an amp built into it and it has a peak output of 37wpc 8 ohms and I think these Minimus 7's would be perfect. Do any of you...
  24. BattleBrat

Realistic Minimus 7 ID Thread

If you want to sell a pair let me know ;-) So I bid on a pair of Walnut veneer Minimus 7's off eBay, they're Korean made so 1991? Are the Korean ones better or worse? How does one take care of the Walnut veneer? Is there an oil or something I can use on them? I use Endust on my Thiel MCS1's at...
Back
Top Bottom