Search results

1. Zach Nelson

High output Grado Master3 cartridge.

As the title reads, I have a HO Grado Master3 that I have been using for about 100-ish hours. My question is, does anyone else have this cart, or any cart from the Timber line, and what do they run them at on the phone stage. It is a moving iron cart. I'm confused if I should be running it on MM...
  2. Zach Nelson

Crites tweeter diaphragm to Heresy's ll

I have done this to my kg4's, and absolutely loved it. My question is, is it just as good when done to the heresy's? I'd love to hear your feedback, good or bad. If you are going to comment about it be a no no to take away from a stock speaker, I can do without those comments. Thanks Audiokarma...
  3. Zach Nelson

Using variac always with Scott 222c

I heard a guy say that he always runs hit Scott through a variac to keep it at 117v. Is there any real reason for this? I understand wall sockets can be 120-125v, just curious if that was enough to damage a amp that has be restored.
  4. Zach Nelson

Wood Headshells

What's your experience with wood headshells? What kind of wood is best? I have a Grado mahogany cart. Should I use a wooden headshell, or is it too much wood?
  5. Zach Nelson

Grado Master3 HOMI

Does anyone have any experience with this cart? Can't seem to find ANYONE out there talking about it
  6. Zach Nelson

Electro Voice FR12-2 score!

It's 10:30am and already scored a nice pair of electro voice fr12-2. $50!!!!!
  7. Zach Nelson

Yamaha C-70 & C-80

I just debated for hours between the C-70 preamp and the C-80. I opted for the C-80 and am hoping I made the right decision. Im a strictly vinyl guy, so the Direct Disc phono deal on the C-70 really had my interest, but I figured the C-80 had to be the better of the two. Any input? Its not too...
  8. Zach Nelson

Ortofon Red Quintet VS. 2mm Bronze?????

Does anyone out there have experience with the Quintet Red? Is it better than the Denon dl-103? I have a 2mm blue and am also entertaining the idea of going up to the bronze. Using a Parasound Zphono preamp.
  9. Zach Nelson

Shure S320 & R1000xt

I have these 2 laying around and am wondering if getting stylus for them is worth my time. What's the story behind them? I have found some info on the r1000xt but very little info on the s320
  10. Zach Nelson

Cart recommendations

What's the best cart to match with the Sony pua-114 tonearm? I am using a Parasound Zphono preamp. I was thinking about trying a Denon dl-103 MC, or do you think there would be a better option in the budget range? I already have an Ortofon Blue and Nagaoka MP-110. Just looking for ideas.
  11. Zach Nelson

New to Reel to Reel

I've been wanting to add a reel to reel to my system for awhile but don't know much about them. Not trying to Shell out a bunch of cash on something I don't know that I'll enjoy. What's a decent unit to look for? What should I plan on spending? What to look for/watch out for when looking at used...
  12. Zach Nelson

SS Phone Preamp

I am currently using a Pluto U Turn but I know there is better out there. I'd like to get my budget under $250ish new or used. Im thinking I should stay with solid state because it gives a little more low end that my tubes lack. Any suggestions?
  13. Zach Nelson

Rectilinear lll b

I found these today at a price you don't say no to. They happen to be the only model I can't find info on. Anyone know much?
  14. Zach Nelson

vsp labs trans-mos power amplifier

Tell me what you know about these? I'm not finding much on them.
  15. Zach Nelson

Preamp for Zenith 7b31

I just got this sweet sounding 7b31 that has been completely rebuilt and am wondering what would be a good preamp to use that would pair nicely. Right now I'm just using preouts from my Onkyo A5, but would like something to complete this amp on its own. Open to ideas. Tube or SS. Only will be...
  16. Zach Nelson

Preamp for Zenith 7b31

I just got this sweet sounding 7b31 that has been completely rebuilt and am wondering what would be a good preamp to use that would pair nicely. Right now I'm just using preouts from my Onkyo A5, but would like something to complete this amp on its own. Open to ideas. Tube or SS. Only will be...
  17. Zach Nelson

MCS 6601 VS 6600

I have had luck with a few different MCS TT's. I have the 6601 that is not bad but not fantastic. I also have the 6720 that is actually and incredible table. My question is, does anyone have experience with the 6600? Would it be better than the 6601? Ive heard the 6600 is just a Hitachi HT-350...
  18. Zach Nelson

Klipsch kg4's and kg3s together

Has anyone heard this duo playing in harmony together? I have a chance at a pair of kg3's and have this feeling that might mesh well together. Any experience with this out there?
  19. Zach Nelson

Kenwood KA-3500 worthy of fixing?????

I have one in my possession that needs a new power supply and maybe a recap. I see they dont have any wild value to them but I'm curious as to what it sounds like in working condition. Is it worth the time and money to fix?
  20. Zach Nelson

Klipsch kg 4.5 replacement

I'm considering replacing my Klipsch kg 4.5's with some else. I would like to stay in the same price range. Something that is more well rounded. These kg4.5's just have muddy low end. Everything else about them is great. Ideas? Maybe a three way instead of a two way speaker.
  21. Zach Nelson

Hafler DH-101 hum & crackle

I have recently acquired a Hafler DH-101. It sat on a shelf at a local store for a while, so I'm sure it needs a good cleaning to start. Last night, I noticed the right channel sounding crackly/distorted. Not terrible, but enough to break up the treble. I walked into a different room for a while...
  22. Zach Nelson

Best preamp under $100 for Adcom GFA540?

Getting a new to me amp and am curious on what your opinions are on decent preamps for that amount. Trying to stay under $100. Doesn't have to have phono stage beings I have a separate phone preamp. Was tossing around the idea of a No sound "tube buffer" preamp. I know it's not true tube, just...
  23. Zach Nelson

Marantz 4270 input

I am considering buying a Marantz 4270 from a local friend. He did a full restoration on it. I am new to the Marantz world. Will this be a good 2 channel experience. I understand that it was built with the Quad system as its highlight. Just looking for experienced opinion. I've heard it is...
  24. Zach Nelson

Pioneer sx-750 help!

I recently fumble upon a pair of Polk SDA CRS+. I need to get the IC cable. My question is about common ground. Does my pioneer sx-750 have common ground? I also have a "big box" Yamaha receiver from 2005 era. Natural Sound AVR. Will these work with damaging something?
  25. Zach Nelson

Audio technica carts

what is better, the atn71 or the CN5625AL
Back
Top Bottom