Search results

1. G

Balanced Y RCA into unbalanced RCA cable

Is there any problem using a balanced RCA "Y" adaptor 1 female to 2 males into an unbalanced RCA cable with male ends. So I guess the balanced y adaptor has the shielding grounded at one end, & the unbalanced cable shielding is grounded at both ends so mixing these two cables together would this...
  2. G

Outlaw RR2160 Owners

Hello, I have been vintage audio my whole life, what is the deal with the volume switch on the RR2160 that has no stops left or right, it just keeps spinning in either direction, so when I power up the receiver what is the volume set to? I just set up the receiver & don't want to destroy the...
  3. G

SECOND ORDER TWEETER FILTER

I hear people online talking about reversing the polarity/phase on the tweeter if one has a second order high pass filter, whether true or not, would I reverse the polarity/phase at the tweeter or before the passive high pass filter to hear for myself. I should add I have two towers each with 2...
  4. G

AIR CORE INDUCTOR SCIENCE

Hello, I will be mounting a single air core inductor on a piece of wood with nylon zip ties, no other components, for low pass woofer. Question: Would mounting the air core inductor lying down flat change the mhy/value of the inductor since one end is blocked by the wood base changing the free...
  5. G

WOODS FULL PROTECTION SURGE SUPPRESSOR

I have a Woods full protection surge suppressor power strip with built in circuit breaker button that pops out when tripped. I have an integrated amp, plate amp, cd player & a equalizer plugged into the power strip. I just read that you should not keep the power switches/buttons in the on...
  6. G

JVC SEA-80 EQUALIZER SLIDER CONTACTS

JVC SEA-80 Equalizer: Are the slider contact tracks made of carbon? Thanks if anyone knows vintage equalizers.
  7. G

EQUALIZER TAPE LOOP A & B

Integrated amp (kenwood ka-7300) has tape A, tape B jacks, equalizer has input/output & tape record/play jacks. Do I hook up the equalizer (pioneer sg-9500) & CD player like this: Tape A "record" jacks of amp to input of equalizer, output of equalizer to tape A "play" jacks of amp. Cd player...
  8. G

PRE-OUT/MAIN-IN/BASS CONTROL

Kenwood Ka-7300. I have a plate amp connected to pre-out to power my subwoofers which is part of a four way cabinet speaker enclosure with tweeter, midrange & mid bass woofer connected to the speaker outputs, the screws on back of the ka-7300 for the tweeter, midrange & mid bass speakers. If I...
  9. G

150hz/400hz bass turnover switch

I have seen it some what explained but its still mirky to me. Kenwood ka-7300: Bass Turnover switch set to 150hz explained, Bass Turnover switch set to 400hz explained, Thanks for any input.
  10. G

Kenwood ka 7300 dual phono stage

The phono 1 & phono 2 inputs regarding the ka 7300. What do they support, Moving magnet or Moving coil stylus cartridges, Thanks 4 any input on the subject.
  11. G

TWO AIR CORE INDUCTORS IN SERIES

I have to combine two air core wire wound inductors together in series because I couldn't find the exact inductance value in 1 single inductor for my passive bandpass crossover. How do I lay out the two inductors in series: 1 laying flat & the other inductor laying flat on top of the other or 1...
  12. G

A+B SPEAKER SWITCH/IMPEDANCE/CROSSOVER POINTS

My Kenwood Ka 7300 amplifier's A+B speaker switch puts the speakers in series when in the A+B position. My speaker components are all 4 ohm, woofers, tweeters, mids & passive crossovers. If I put one speaker enclosure on "A" left speaker output & the other speaker enclosure on "B" right speaker...
  13. G

Kenwood Ka-7300 Schematic Error?

The pre-amp section of the kenwood ka 7300 service manual schematic lists electrolytic capacitors CD-1 through CD-22 and CD-18 is missing from the schematic & list. Does anybody know what the missing CD-18 capacitor on the schematic is as I am getting the capacitor list ready to order for a...
  14. G

Electrolytic capacitor brand/series/Kenwood Amplifier/recap

Hello Techs, I am looking for advice on what brand/series electrolytic capacitors I should use for a Kenwood ka 7300 amplifier recap overhaul & the best conductive solder. Another question I have is, does one use a different series capacitor under the same brand name for different amplifier...
  15. G

Kenwood KA-7300/Dayton Amp/speaker enclosure finished

I previously started a thread on how do I hook up a Dayton 1000 watt plate amp to a Kenwood KA-7300 via the normal/separate switch position & had some fun with the discussion, well after months & months I finally put it together, the speaker enclosures & crossovers taking all the time to build...
  16. G

passive narrow band pass filter

I am building a passive narrow band pass filter/crossover, I have seen schematics online when building a wide band pass filter the high pass components are placed first on board, C1 (capacitor) is placed in series +, L1 (inductor) is placed in parallel + - followed by low pass components, L2 in...
  17. G

speaker/crossover/ohms

Two 4 way speaker enclosures i built from scratch each containing a 8 ohm tweeter with a 8 ohm passive 2nd order xover, a 8 ohm midrange speaker with a 8 ohm passive 2nd order xover, a 4 ohm mid bass speaker with a 4 ohm passive 2nd order xover all connected to receivers L&R speaker outputs on...
  18. G

passive band pass calculator

Anybody know a online site with a passive 2nd order 12db band pass filter/crossover "calculator", 12 volt.com has a "narrow" band pass calculator I can't use I am going wider, claredot has a band pass calculator but has a stupid slide frequency finder that you can't put in the exact frequencies...
  19. G

Kenwood ka-7300 amplifier normal/separate switch

How do you hook up a plate amp via the ka-7300 rear panel "pre-out/amp in" jacks to power subwoofers & still get full range sound to my small speakers that have built in crossovers, do the speaker outputs on rear of the ka-7300 still send a full range amplified signal regardless of...
Back
Top Bottom