Search results

1. Z

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Two words: Unsupervised toddlers.
  2. Z

Air cooled Volkswagen appreciation thread

That thing with the bolt stuck in it is the flexible drive plate mounted to the crankshaft (in place of the flywheel.) it bolts to the torque converter via those 4 threaded holes around the edge, then the torque converter has the starter ring on it. One more thing about that setup- the...
  3. Z

Yeah you're right-- after mulling it over, there is other stuff I've been meaning to do for awhile now anyway like clean up the engine, replace the tarboard in the engine bay, etc... so I just decided to go ahead and pull the engine today: What the autostick engine bay looks like without the...
  4. Z

$100 for a running 914, DAMN! I would LOVE to have one of those, but they have come up to ridiculous prices for one that doesn't need a ton of work... Had a buddy in high school who did the Type IV conversion on his bug, such a different sound! Purred like a kitten instead of the typical "putt...
  5. Z

The autosticks were actually EXTREMELY reliable, due in no small part to the fact that the clutch disc was internal, and only operated when necessary (i.e. no slip.) The vacuum hoses were wire reinforced so they hardly ever went bad- and the clutch servo canister on mine was the original- lasted...
  6. Z

BTW-- if you're wondering where I got my user ID from...... ;)
  7. Z

Need advice on a Luxman R-117 receiver...

Sweet thanks! I tihnk I will probably pull the trigger on it if nothing else is wrong- seems like a pretty decent deal
  8. Z

He says both volume and balance controls make that channel static-y but he said balance seems to affect it more. It is fine once set
  9. Z

I came across a local ad today for a Luxman R-117 for $250. Seller says one channel is static-y but OK once set. (He has already tried DeOxit with no luck, so it is most likely something in the electronics.) Also does not come with original remote. Other than those two issues, it works perfectly...
  10. Z

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&ved=0ahUKEwiH57q-oaHaAhUO2lMKHT_3B14QFghIMAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwolarrysracing.com%2Fdocuments%2Fvw_book.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2qH0FB_VftLeb5d1U2hBWZ
  11. Z

Ahhh- 60's gender role sensibilities:
  12. Z

Was it this? "Think Small- What's so Funny About a Volkswagen?"
  13. Z

Arkansas spring get together in Clinton with swap tables, tunes, BBQ, and ect.

Hi kirkendoll, thanks very much for your invite!! Sorry I didn't catch this sooner, haven't been on here for a few days. I will certainly try to make it- pretty sure I don't own as much stuff as others on here, only couple speaker pairs probably of enough value to be worth bringing. I will know...
  14. Z

As posted in the ghia thread, my dad bought this 1969 autostick brand new: My mom could not drive stick and didn't want to learn. They had a child (my older sister) on the way, and needed a cheap second car. The autosticks had just come out the year before, so they went shopping and bought...
  15. Z

Any Other Type 34 Ghia Lovers?

If your 68 was on an IRS pan, it was either a first year autostick, or it was not the original pan.
  16. Z

Haha, yeah these things easily become swiss cheese if not kept out of the elements
  17. Z

Thoughts on this vintage Fisher 7000 rack system?

$140? You tell me... I'm not a Fisher expert, and can't post it on the Fisher forum due to rules... https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1590362024415479
  18. Z

Legacy Audio Score!! Holy Moly!!!

Pacific Northwest seems to be loaded with speaker deals for some reason... nice score
  19. Z

Great deal - I think? - Speaker ID needed

Wow- that's a major steal. Folks asking $500+ for those around these parts
  20. Z

Also, the reason these cars are notorious for a lousy heating system is 95% of the time due to the fact that the heater channels are rusted through. The heat system in these cars works exceptionally well as long as everything is intact and working properly, just like any other automotive system...
  21. Z

All right, I have to get in on this conversation: My dad bought this 69 autostick brand new, been in the family ever since. He officially passed it on to me about 10 years ago, although technically he probably did a long time before that. I remember riding in the back luggage compartment when...
  22. Z

Help me figure out the hard start problem on my 99 Maxima

Well did an oil change and that seems to have fixed the run-on issue (for whatever reason), the check engine light codes were the bank 1 02 sensor and the mass air flow sensor, which I had disconnected when messing with the starter. The guy checking the codes for me suggested we wipe the mass...
  23. Z

Thank you for the input Shadowdog- could excess fuel in the oil cause the run-on issue in any way? I did check the oil level and it looks correct, but it does smell weird. How would the fuel have gotten in there (it would have had to seep past the valves in the combustion chamber correct?) I'm...
  24. Z

Followup on this issue- several days ago the car quit starting at all. I kept cranking, cranking, cranking, it would never start, and the crank kept getting weaker and weaker over the last few days until it wouldn't even turn over. On a hunch I went out and bought a new starter, installed it...
  25. Z

Sorry about so many speaker ID questions, but here's another one...

Hmm, ESS Model 9's perhaps?
Back
Top Bottom