Search results

1. Greg Nal

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

@jobrewer1983 I'm still kickin' and been hanging out with @Ben LaVigna since you connected us! As you know he's a wizard of everything tubes, and I've got a veritable crap-ton of tube gear so he's helping me solve my extra gear problem--he's taking it all for himself! That funny little amp came...
  2. Greg Nal

Marantz 18 Wood Case

Very helpful, thank you. I'll grab my 18 and measure its chassis width and faceplate width to see how that compares.
  3. Greg Nal

Marantz 18 Wood Case

Blue, if you still have the model 18 and case, could you give me the inside opening dimensions of the case? I have a line on one that is 18" X 5 3/4" not sure the depth but I'd like to know how yours matches up. Joe has done a few fine cases for me so its nice to know he makes one for the 18. I...
  4. Greg Nal

Dennis Had Magi 6EM7 SET amp-anyone with experience with this amp?

Huh, there was another reply (the first reply actually) that had some great info about the EM7 tube amp designs and apparently the poster deleted it. Too bad, wanted to go back and review the info there...
  5. Greg Nal

Chasing info on this amp yesterday, I joined audio afficianados (link in another site thread) and tried to find info on a 700+ page Dennis Had thread and never did, it was more recent Inspire amp info. Thanks for sharing this, very helpful.
  6. Greg Nal

I purchased this amp for cheap on a whim in 2020 and due to the pandemic it went into my storage area and has been AWOL until now. I know little about 6EM7 power tubes, and the circuit is a SE Triode putting out 1.5-3 W/ch. Transformers are from a Scott 222 (TRA 8-5-1) with matching serial...
  7. Greg Nal

Build an amp. Settle a debt.

Love the thought process and execution. Shows its not your first rodeo. Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your "little grey cells" as Hercule Poirot says. Watching and learning!
  8. Greg Nal

Conundrum; What choice to make: MC30's, MC225, Scott LK-150

Thanks for resurrecting this interesting thread. The 225 has moved on, replaced by a 240 which to my damaged ears sounded better overall. The 30's are staying, on the bench at the moment but still in rotation. The LK-150 is another beast that has not left yet but doesn't get the play time of the...
  9. Greg Nal

Marantz 7T missing the faceplate light/bezel-suggestions for replacement options?

I have a 7T where someone removed the light/bezel and added a random knob and pot, which I removed to restore it to original. Now I'm looking for options on what to replace it with. Any suggestions?
  10. Greg Nal

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

RIP JB. I hadn't heard this LP before-it is a good live compilation of a lot of his good ones. JBL L40's, iFi DAC, and BelCanto S300i integrated amp
  11. Greg Nal

Not sure what I should do…

There's a pair of AR 1W's near me, maybe you could find the Altec driver laying around and convert one? He's selling them with the JanzSen electrostatic tweeters for $500. Of course then there's shipping from CA to CO...oh nevermind.
  12. Greg Nal

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Eclectic stack audio: Thorens TD 165, Magnum Dynalab FT 101a, Marantz 7T, HK250 tube amp, Bluesound Node 2i, Marantz CD6005 through Stephens Trusonic 120CX in MCM custom cabs from the late 1950's.
  13. Greg Nal

HH Scott Owners Thread

Wow is that ever clean! Keeper!
  14. Greg Nal

Sargent Rayment SR14A Monoblocks update: Nude inside!

Tentatively headed to Nor Cal coast on a golf trip with the guys. If that blows up we can make a So Cal run, the wife can hang with fam in MB and I'll head down your way.
  15. Greg Nal

MAC 4100 custom 3/4" solid walnut case-now to find the right vol knob...

It was a one-off, it is not something he's making still. I'll let you know if I get around to selling mine. Greg
  16. Greg Nal

Mono - can we talk mono?

I picked up this mono rig just yesterday...Leak TL/10 monoblock, Point one pre, Garrard Model A turntable and a Karlson cabinet, Goodmans full range driver. Supposed to have been working prior to sitting for 6-7 years. Check out the matching custom cabinet for the amp/turntable and the record...
  17. Greg Nal

Sherwood SEL-200 an overlooked gem?

Old threads never die, I have two SEL-200's, one lived a hard coastal life (grime and rust, Ser # Z 91484) the other was in much better shape but older (Ser # Z 23321). Different color boards, and the grimy one has a broken balance pot (knob and shaft come off in your hand if you pull). The...
  18. Greg Nal

YES!! Can't wait! :banana:
  19. Greg Nal

RS Steve makes a heckuva IBBA board!

I ordered a couple of IBBA boards for my vintage Fisher receivers from @RS Steve. He sent them along quickly and they arrived safe and sound. I can't wait to deploy them but as typical for me, that may be a while. Meanwhile, I wanted to give him a shout out for the work and look forward to the...
  20. Greg Nal

Thanks @paulvo-great jazz LP's came my way

@paulvo posted some Japanese Jazz LP's for sale, I grabbed 3 of them. They were extra well packed (super thick cardboard) and presented in excellent shape. Thanks for the safe ride and great tunes!
  21. Greg Nal

I have options to drive the 302's...This was the rest of the setup I inherited from my dad, along with a Roberts RTR and Garrard Lab 80 TT
  22. Greg Nal

I believe I have that same Bozak console (empty) to use with my pair of Bozak Urban 302a's. They were my dad's--the speakers I grew up listening to. I bought the console from AK'er @HBTim, who is famous on the West Coast for his listening parties, which someday I hope to be included in. In the...
  23. Greg Nal

Yggdrasill is a great seller despite the tongue-twister username!!!

Hard to type, harder to pronounce, buying gear from @Yggdrasill is worth the effort. Bought a rare vintage preamp and tuner for very fair prices from him last week, he packed them about as well as any gear I've received and was very responsive via PM for setting up the sale and shipping. Don't...
  24. Greg Nal

How to get to the AK database of service manuals, etc.

My username/pw combo for AK doesn't work for that link. Do you need a different username/pw combo for that site?
Back
Top Bottom