Search results

1. MRL_Audio

8Track-One Tape-One Program

Kinda of an unusual problem. I have had an Akai CR-81D for well over a year now. No issues in using it and it's been a fun journey learning how to recondition tapes to play in this deck. Some tapes recondition better than others. I have done well over 100 tapes. I have a tape that was supposed...
  2. MRL_Audio

MPI-4 Cathode Replacement

I searched high and low here and elsewhere and have not found an answer so I am deferring to the expertise here. Going to be picking up a MPI-4 this weekend. Excited about ownership and the opportunities it's presents. Been reading the owners and service manuals to educate myself prior to...
  3. MRL_Audio

SkyHi Audio Garrard 301

Is this a good deal… for one table? https://skyfiaudio.com/products/garrard-301-skyfi-custom-dual-tonearm-turntable-with-12-abis-arm-and-new-sumiko-starling?mc_cid=7c1c0fe757&mc_eid=2000d4c9e1
  4. MRL_Audio

Grado Sonata retip By JLong

Well that was a quick turn around. Bought this in early January from a member here with the cant snapped and sent it to Joseph Long for a repair and retip. Was provided three options for the work. 1) a basic bonded elliptical diamond with a standard aluminum cant 2) a hardened tapered...
  5. MRL_Audio

Just ordered one...NOT

https://skyfiaudio.com/products/technics-rs-1520-reel-to-reel-fully-restored-mcintosh-tribute-with-kimber-cable-package?mc_cid=5074d20cd0
  6. MRL_Audio

AK eMails - Watched Threads

No longer seeing any emails from watched threads when I select the email notify option. Not being trapped as junk e-mail. Just not getting them. Anyone else? I’ll have to come back here to see updates since I’m not getting… emails.
  7. MRL_Audio

Is this a normal thing…?

So I’ve had a HK Citation 11, 12 setup for probably 10 years now. Has worked flawlessly for me until yesterday. I lost the right channel. Figured it was a dirty volume pot. Turned it off and rotated the pot about 30 times. Turned it back on the sound was back but quickly fell out again. Didn’t...
  8. MRL_Audio

SAEC WE-308-N - On the fly VTA

First, I own a SAEC WE-308-N. Was searching eBay and ran across an offering from fonolab for an after market on the fly VTA adjustment for this arm. You can find it at the link below. I was curious if any one here has tried one of these or something similar on this or another arm and how...
  9. MRL_Audio

Vinyl Records Just Had Their Biggest Week Since 1991

oh boy... not surprised though. Reviewgeek
  10. MRL_Audio

Grace Primo

I have been using a Grace Primo streamer to provide access to services like XMSirius and Pandora. RCA connection to the Aux in on my HK preamp. Worked well for me. The platform was built on the Reciva service which went dark in September. Looking for a replacement and at this point I need a...
  11. MRL_Audio

B&O SP12 Mounting

Recently bought a B&O SP12. See the mount picture below. I thought that the mounting bracket was removable from the cartridge itself but I can't seem to get it off. I've also never seen this type of mount before. Almost feels like it's half of a quick mount system. I have seen plenty of...
  12. MRL_Audio

Barter Town - A Sleepy Town

I was looking at Barter Town Media hoping to see some interesting LP's about. Perhaps a reel or two or some classic rock 8-tracks. There hasn't been a new post there since Saturday morning and only 7 total posts of options. While I appreciate the sanity the changes made to the market place...
  13. MRL_Audio

Loricraft PRC3

Recently had a Loricraft PCR3 fall into my lap for a great price. Have had an interest in one since I first ran into these many years ago but never could justify the asking price. I've used a Record Doctor RCM for many years with good success. Use AIVS 3 step process with the RCM. About 5...
  14. MRL_Audio

McIntosh MPI Series - Performance Indicators

Relatively new McIntosh owner here. I have a MC2205 amp, C32 pre and MR74 tuner. Have had them for about a year and am very pleased with the setup. The MPI series of performance indicators have caught my eye numerous times more because of the cool look than my knowledge of what they might...
  15. MRL_Audio

Amazon’s Vinyl Subscription Service

Thoughts...? Amazon’s Vinyl Subscription Service Vinyl of the Month Club: The Golden Era - Vinyl Subscription
  16. MRL_Audio

Transcriptor Turntables

Some of you may be familiar with this company and the tables they produced in the 60's and 70's. The iconic Hydraulic is probably the best known of all of David Gammons tables. I have a Skeleton with Vestigial tonearm that is as much a pleasure to look at as it is to use. I see that they are...
  17. MRL_Audio

C32 Original Glass

There is a posting on eBay that I may have interest in but only if it's original McIntosh glass and not a re-pop. Can someone more experienced take a look and let me know what you thing and what are the tell tale signs it's a re-pop. Thanks for looking. NEW MCINTOSH C32 PREAMPLIFIER GLASS
  18. MRL_Audio

MR80 to MR74 Knobs

Does anyone know if the knobs from a MR80 will fit on a MR74? Looking to match knobs for my C32 and MC2205. Not certain I want to do this but it's a consideration. Thanks for looking.
  19. MRL_Audio

Need a New Brush for Cleaning...

Probably going to back this. Why not? Always looking to try something new. I doubt it will best the ones I already have but I'd like to give it a try. Discwasher (see's the most use), Groove Washer, Decca Carbon Fiber and a few others. BLACKAUDIO Microbrush
  20. MRL_Audio

AK Pictures

Been having an issues with AK images. I see the following in posts now and not the images. It's only on some posts. This one came from the "Gifted a McIntosh system...now what?" in the McInstosh Audio forum. Any thoughts here? --- When I select "Open image in new tab" this is what I get...
  21. MRL_Audio

Pioneer PL-7 Idler-Cartridge Reco

Recently got around to making some updates and repairs to a wonderful Pioneer PL-7 idler I picked up months ago from a member here. One issue I am having is tracking. Came with and tried an Empire 250 at 2.0g and 2.5g. No good skipped regularly at about 3/4 of the way in. Looked at the...
  22. MRL_Audio

PopMarket..?

Anyone buy LP's from this company? Any experiences appreciated. I have had a few transactions with them. Half of them have gone sideways with damaged or warped LP's. Sometimes they send a replacement and sometimes string me along eventually telling me they can't get replacements and send me...
  23. MRL_Audio

Empire 698 Huh...?

and $250 for shipping. Is this guy for real...? https://www.ebay.com/itm/363282549682?ul_noapp=true
  24. MRL_Audio

MR74 - General Sound, Talking Voices

Have a "minor" issue I was curious about. Recently acquired a MR74 tuner. Worked on and aligned two years ago. It's hooked up to a C32 pre and a MC2205 amp. Music sounds pretty darn good from some good local stations on the FM dial. However when a DJ starts to speak the "p" sound is a...
  25. MRL_Audio

BIG Box Set - 50th

Picked this up a bit ago and finally finished the "10th" LP tonight. Believe this to be the largest box set I own and can't recall a bigger one. Don't recall the exact date of purchase but I know it was released near the end of February of this year and I pre-ordered it. Regardless it's...
Back
Top Bottom