Search results

1. Bordious

Cartridge replacement on Rega P5

Thanks everyone for all the help and advice. I got the AT7V in the mail today, swapped it with the old AT440MLa stylus and fired up a new record that was a skipping nightmare the first time I played it. Not one skip on either side, so it looks like that was the issue. Listened to a couple other...
  2. Bordious

So I went ahead and purchased a new stylus and I also got a 200x magnifier to check. I listened to a couple records today and I had a couple skips. Sounds amazing when it’s playing. I checked the tonearm lift as well, but no issues. On a side note, while listening today, for the first time I...
  3. Bordious

I checked the tracking force with both a cheap digital and a shure scale, and I’ve tried the max tracking force at 1.8g. When it plays it sounds great. I always brush off my records before playing and I’ve never had any issues. I like the idea of just replacing the stylus, and I think I might...
  4. Bordious

Aloha, I have recently acquired a Rega P5, and it is time for either a stylus replacement on the AT440MLa cartridge that’s currently on there, which to me sounds good, or replace it with a DL-110 that also came with the turntable that looks brand new. My problem with the AT440MLa is that it...
  5. Bordious

Mattes-Martin SSD/1

I couldn’t find any info or anyone to help me with it, so I gave it away. Kind of a bummer, but I had no room for it.
  6. Bordious

Sony STR-7065 in the house

The 7065 has more power, output for a third set of speakers, and a better tuner. If you are happy with what you have, the $250 would be better spent elsewhere. I found this little tidbit on TheVintageKnob.org about the 7055. http://www.thevintageknob.org/sony-STR-7055.html
  7. Bordious

Just got mine back from a servicing, and still works great. The original poster mentioned the Stereo light being out. The tech that serviced mine showed me that the light only goes on when in the FM mode and the signal is dialed into a station, then the light goes on. Cost me $170 to get...
  8. Bordious

I just got one of these locally on Craigslist for $140 in pretty good shape. At first listen I was blown away by how good it sounded compared to my Emotiva setup. Then after listening a little closer I noticed some distortion out of the left speaker, so I cleaned the pots and switches, and still...
  9. Bordious

Chinese preamps

I have had my new Emotiva PT-100 for about a week and a half now, I am definitely happy with it, and I bought it directly from the Emotiva website.
  10. Bordious

Integrated Amplifier Help

I do have amazon prime which is one of the reasons I used it, along with having some gift cards. The only thing you get with Amazon Prime in Hawaii is the free shipping, shipping time is out the window. What gets me is how fast everything ships to the mainland from Prime. One of the small prices...
  11. Bordious

Thanks everyone. I looked at both the Yamahas and the Emotiva combo, and ultimately ended up choosing the Marantz because I couldn’t find one negative piece of information about it anywhere. I thought about going the vintage route, but having a remote is a big plus for me. I should just be...
  12. Bordious

Aloha, I am in the market for an integrated amplifier and I recently bought a Marantz PM6006 on Amazon... two weeks ago and it still hasn’t shipped. At this point my buyers remorse is through the roof and I’m wondering if I should cancel my order. If I were to get some better suggestions, I...
  13. Bordious

Mac Mini to Receiver

I guess there’s no hurt in trying, and that is exactly what the back of my Mac Mini looks like. It looks like most Toslink cable come with mini adapters.
  14. Bordious

Mac Mini to Receiver

So looking at it, my Mac Mini does not have that capability, being it is a 2012 model. Mac via HDMI to the TV, TV to receiver via Toslink it may have to be...
  15. Bordious

Mac Mini to Receiver

Thanks for the help, equipment with the USB port seem to be much more expensive, I’m glad there is a way to side step that.
  16. Bordious

Mac Mini to Receiver

So I can use something like this? Plugged into the headphone jack of my Mac into the optical of the receiver and this will use the DAC of the receiver? Thanks for the help, this is new to me.
  17. Bordious

Mac Mini to Receiver

I’m looking to buy a new integrated amp or receiver and I definitely would like to work my Mac Mini into my system. My question is with my Mac hooked up to my TV with an HDMI port, can I use my TVs optical out into the DAC on a receiver or would I have better results buying something with an USB...
  18. Bordious

Modern Receiver and Amp with Remote and Phone Stage?

I forgot to mention the Emotiva TA-100. I haven’t been able to find much literature about it, but it also fits your wants.
  19. Bordious

Modern Receiver and Amp with Remote and Phone Stage?

I’m interested to see what people here have to say, as I am in the same boat as you, and was basically waiting for Xmas to end to make a decision. My list is as follows: Outlaw Audio RR2160 NAD C 368 ELAC EA series Pro-Ject MaiA SMSL A8 Yamaha A-S701BL Rega Brio Marantz PM7005 Of all those, I...
  20. Bordious

I’m driving myself crazy!!!

Just an update: I was able to listen to a few different pairs of speakers, a couple new and a couple used. I ended up getting a used pair of Definitive Technology BP 2006TLs and so far I am pretty happy. I only paid $250 so I feel like I got pretty good value. I am using them in my living room...
  21. Bordious

So yes, I do think my current set up sounds great and yes I do have a bit of an upgrade bug. The main reason I want to upgrade is to have my main setup moved to my living space, as what I have now goes back and forth between my room and there. The Pioneers sound great in both rooms, but might be...
  22. Bordious

From what I understand those are really nice speakers, but maybe too big in size for my living space. I’m not familiar with the upgrades though, and might be out of my budget. DIY is almost what I would prefer, and I feel like my woodworking skills would be able to produce some nice speakers if...
  23. Bordious

Thank you all for the great advice. I’ve got some research to do on some speakers. I agree that the Tono speaker kit on the selahaudio site looks intriguing and is also right about where I’m looking to spend on a speaker kit. There’s only one audio store here on the island (that I have found)...
  24. Bordious

Wow, I think I should think about a speaker upgrade. I pretty much put that system together with one click of the button, basically eager to get something to play my vinyl. The Pioneers were such a huge upgrade to any Bluetooth speaker I had been listening to in recent years and were also...
  25. Bordious

I’ve definitely got the hifi bug and I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what way I want to go with my system. I listen to mostly rock, but also to traditional country/folk and bluegrass and usually on vinyl. My current setup is as follows: Technics SL-1200MK2 Turntable...
Back
Top Bottom