Search results

1. S

Magnecorder Reel to Reel

Thanks, great info. The Magnecord 1020 (and 1024, 1021 &c) are Solid State, no tubes, so that may (or not?) be a plus. The transport seems good and works, not tested for sound yet. Looking for a free copy of the service manual to download, don't want the $69 (!) Marty Gasman wants on eBay.
  2. S

Magnecorder Reel to Reel

I was in error, looking on the "web" it is a 1020 model, evidently essentially the same transport mechanism and internals but in a more compact format and well worth some effort to put it back into service, it seems from the comments.
  3. S

Parts for a Sony TC-250 Reel to Reel

Thanks! Double checked and yes it is indeed Sony part # PP30-4202 as on the parts list above. Is the eBay PP102-4202 the same?
  4. S

Magnecorder Reel to Reel

Just looking to play back tapes, some factory pre-recorded ones my uncle had, Mantovani etc, and our wedding service, recorded on an Sony in August of 1971, that we have never heard since then! lol Hope that tape survives!
  5. S

Magnecorder Reel to Reel

Our Uncle has a Magnecorder 1024, at 93 he no longer uses it, and hasn't for years. He offered it to us, but are any parts still available for these if it would need them? We are near FYLP vintage audio repair who can fix anything but they could potentially need parts. Any info on these out...
  6. S

Thanks for all the info! Heading out on vaca for 2 weeks but will get pics &c when we return! R in NY
  7. S

My recollection is that they do look like those pictured above. Working on it is not a problem, I also restore tube amplifiers and receivers. It's just a matter of the necessary parts to fix it being available. I don't have alignment fixtures etc. Not sure of the part # as I'm not able to lay...
  8. S

It was free, so don't mind putting a modest amount of parts/time/expense into it, but nothing crazy. I restore vintage cars so the mechanical stuff is something I can tackle, but my main question is if there is any source for a new playback head, at the very least. If heads are not available it...
  9. S

From my late uncle's estate and looks to be in very good condition but he mentioned once the heads may be worn? 1 motor 2 head machine, anyone know a source for new heads? Playback mostly, doubt we'd record much of naything... anyone know a source to by new or re-built, or an adaptation that...
  10. S

Which passive sub for a small LR, Scott tube amp and Klipsch?

The 60 Watt Mk III will be more than enough power for a sub and it will be completely independent of any demands from the Klipsch pair driven by the Scott 222. Once again, any recommendations?
  11. S

Which passive sub for a small LR, Scott tube amp and Klipsch?

So we have a smallish LR, 14 x 19, and the rig in question is currently a Scott 222-D (4 x 7189) tube amp with a Gemini CD player and a pair of Klipsch KSB 3.1 bookshelf speakers. The KSBs are exceptionally nice sounding for a compact speaker and overall it's really quite competent for what it...
  12. S

Attention Fairchild Freaks!

A good friend here who owns an all-tube vintage style recording studio is building a duplicate of a Fairchild 670, a project that's taking him a very long time. He's working with Jack Black on some recording projects at the moment and a number of NYC/Tri-state groups, he has some vintage RCA BA...
  13. S

Attention Fairchild Freaks!

248s are v nice indeed, but not being designed as stereo thus having add'l circuitry to integrate is a negative. We had 2 of them at one time, along w/ 2 pr of 255a, bought from collector friends in N CA. We feel the current prices are high for what they are, along with a lot of vintage stereo...
  14. S

1965 zenith console.

Sadly, worth about $75 To $125 in most markets, MCM and tube models bring somewhat more, typically. We got a 1962 tube Zenith for free on CL last year. Nice find, just enjoy it for what it is!
  15. S

So who should I have restore the H.H. Scott?

Audio Classics in Vestal NY is one of the best... also expensive. Work guaranteed for a year and a spec data sheet is provided. They did my Scott 222-D and it sounds fabulous. IMO one of the best tube stereo integrated amps ever made, just look at those enormous transformers purportedly designed...
  16. S

HHScott.com is dead, but the content has been saved at another location

What happened to Lee, the original founder of that site?
  17. S

Sargent Rayment SR14A Monoblocks update: Nude inside!

I do have a few schematics of some of the later products but not of the SR-68 unfortunately. Their tuners were of exceptional quality as they had started in that niche in 1926 and built receivers under contract for the US Navy in WWII.
  18. S

Does anyone know of any stereo amps that use the "QQE03" tube?

Yes, 2 successive lead engineers were German, Avery called them his "Dutchmen."
  19. S

It's kind of brilliant really, makes so much sense to put a dual section pentode in a PP design, saved $ and space... why not?
  20. S

Stromberg-Carlson made a stereo 4 tube amp that used a dual-pentode tube 6DY7. Last time I looked a hard to find and $$$$ tube.
  21. S

Sargent Rayment SR14A Monoblocks update: Nude inside!

Actually it was me, Sue's husband, who wrote the article in VTV #20. I've had a good bit of S-R stuff also: 1000, 2000, 2 x 5100, 534, 900 PS, a mono Maywood set, and still have a S-R17-17 stereo amp. Their products were of excellent quality and only poor distribution/promotion hindered them...
  22. S

Fisher X 200 vs Scott 299C

repetition sorry
  23. S

Fisher X 200 vs Scott 299C

We've had both those Fisher and Scott and many others. Also Marantz 8b, Model 5s, (both with 7c), most McIntosh tube amps including MI200s (we live in Binghamton), Fairchild 255 (EL34 version) + 248. Guess what! waiting for the "last amp" is pointless, get what you like and don't worry about...
  24. S

12ax7 vs 12ax7a

While 12ax7 and the A version are electrically interchangeable, is there a qualitative difference? Why was an "updated" version introduced?
  25. S

Dynaco Mark III output transformer variants

Thanks, found much the same info : the A-431 was used on the earlier models and the later Z-216 was essentially the same but supposedly made in Japan, no difference in their circuits/schematics. We have been offered one probably needing work and are curious about the transformers, evidently new...
Back
Top Bottom