Search results

1. S

Scott don't get much love either!

Having been mostly a tube lover of US-made audio for the past 60 years, recent delving into US-made SS receivers has been quite enlightening. This started partly since the cost of the good tube stuff had escalated greatly over the past 20 years, so new horizons were needed and prices of the...
  2. S

Magnecorder Reel to Reel

Our Uncle has a Magnecorder 1024, at 93 he no longer uses it, and hasn't for years. He offered it to us, but are any parts still available for these if it would need them? We are near FYLP vintage audio repair who can fix anything but they could potentially need parts. Any info on these out...
  3. S

Parts for a Sony TC-250 Reel to Reel

From my late uncle's estate and looks to be in very good condition but he mentioned once the heads may be worn? 1 motor 2 head machine, anyone know a source for new heads? Playback mostly, doubt we'd record much of naything... anyone know a source to by new or re-built, or an adaptation that...
  4. S

Which passive sub for a small LR, Scott tube amp and Klipsch?

So we have a smallish LR, 14 x 19, and the rig in question is currently a Scott 222-D (4 x 7189) tube amp with a Gemini CD player and a pair of Klipsch KSB 3.1 bookshelf speakers. The KSBs are exceptionally nice sounding for a compact speaker and overall it's really quite competent for what it...
  5. S

12ax7 vs 12ax7a

While 12ax7 and the A version are electrically interchangeable, is there a qualitative difference? Why was an "updated" version introduced?
  6. S

Dynaco Mark III output transformer variants

Does anyone know if there were any differences in the circuits (schematics) between Dyna Mk III versions with A-431 (earlier?) or Z-216 output transformers? Are schematics for either or both posted somewhere? There's 40 pages! under the schematics link above! Also there's special forums below...
  7. S

Fisher German made tubes

Have a couple of tubes labelled Fisher made in W. Germany, they have no diamond on the bottom but have molding lines on the top of the tube, any clue who may have made these?
  8. S

Fisher branded tubes

So over the years we have owned quite a few tube Fisher consoles and components. Many have had 12ax7 tubes (ECC83) that were rebranded Telefunken, diamond on bottom &c. But have had some (in a current 400 for example) yellow labeled Fisher USA tubes, and some white label "made in W Germany" with...
  9. S

Entry level vintage tape deck/recorder for a newbie?

Hi what's a good quality but fairly entry level '70s/80s reel to reel, one likely to be dependable, easy to fix or restore if needed, not expensive? Dad left a bunch of pre-recorded and home-recorded reels, including his 1971 wedding, but the old Sony tape recorder (around 1970?) is long gone...
  10. S

old wood console stereos - is there a website for them?

We inherited a late 50s RCA console stereo from an elderly relative, in beautiful condition. Is there a website somewhere on the 'net that specializes in these? I don't see a topic category here, and a search wasn't fruitful. I'd like to learn more about them from some real console "experts", so...
  11. S

Is there a Need for "matched" tubes?

We have inherited an old late 1950s RCA stereo console from an elderly relative. It works, as it was recent;y repaired, but the shop said the tubes are getting weak. It's fairly small and has just 1 power tube per each channel. We've been told by an audio buff friend that "matched" tubes are...
  12. S

Sargent Rayment tuner schematic

Hello: We're looking for a schematic and/or service or owner's manual for a Sargent Rayment SR-1000 tuner! Any help or leads are much appreciated! If possible please eMail direct to: firesweep "at" verizon "dot" net please advise and thanks! Sue
  13. S

Dad's old Scott amplifier

Hi Folks: My Dad had a nice stereo with a Scott amplifier way back in the 60s & 70s when I was a kid in Baltimore. I remembered the Scott name but didn't know exactly what it was. Well I recently came across a picture that showed it behind my Mom and I was able to identify it from the photo via...
  14. S

Inherited a non-working 500 (C)

A family member recently died and I was given this Fisher receiver that he bought new in NYC back around 1965, and it has not been used for at least 20+ years. I'm not familiar with this type of thing, but it has no wood cover on it so I can see that one of the 4 large tubes at the back has...
  15. S

Hi, new Fisher 500 owner

Hi folks - I was just given an old Fisher 500 (C) AM/FM receiver by a distant family member, so new to this! It's not been used for many years, and clear it had some work to it in the past. I'm hoping to get some good advice here! Thanks, Sue
Back
Top Bottom