Search results

1. OutlawSun

EPI Speakers Appreciation

They definitely seem like they were in that sweet spot as far as bang for your buck with the 100s.
  2. OutlawSun

EPI Speakers Appreciation

Tacking onto this thread I recently restored a pair of Epicure 10s I really can see why the inverted dome tweeters are as well regarded as they are the highs on these can give a lot of modern speakers a run. But I have to say what especially blows me away is how deep the bass is with 8" drivers...
  3. OutlawSun

DFW area AK member list

Dallas proper
  4. OutlawSun

Malibu Mansion Stereo

Seriously way too much going on there.
  5. OutlawSun

Does a power conditioner do anything for audio quality?

I'm using a couple Furman conditioners can't say that it made for a significant change the background noise got a little quieter otherwise my gear sounds good. The main reason I'm using them is for better surge protection.
  6. OutlawSun

Warmest Sounding New Production 12AX7...

I've been pretty happy overall with the sound of the gold lions. I have a set running in my Lafayette LR-800 which is powering a pair of KLH 5s they're quiet where they need to be and overall have a really enjoyable sound.
  7. OutlawSun

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Elmo St-1200HD honestly need to replace the belts and clean out the rubber goo from the old ones.
  8. OutlawSun

The latest iteration of my listening space.
  9. OutlawSun

Nuvistor tube inquiry

Yeah as far as size they're really compact (smaller than a thimble) as it was the attempt at competing with solid state.
  10. OutlawSun

Genalex Gold Lion 12AX7 Gold pin version-opinions please!

Probably though they do still sound great. They’re just not big and warm like the gold lions. They’re really nice in the top end and not super mid or bass heavy. I’d say they’re balanced.
  11. OutlawSun

Genalex Gold Lion 12AX7 Gold pin version-opinions please!

Reviving this old thread. But I picked up a set of the Gold Lions to try in place of the likely original Matsushita 12AX7s in my Lafayette LR-800. The original Matsushita tubes are pretty nice sounding I'd say they're pretty close to neutral. The Gold Lions though are pretty amazingly lush the...
  12. OutlawSun

7189A: Replacement options that can handle 390 VDC on the plate

They're seriously pretty robust tubes.
  13. OutlawSun

They honestly should work fairly well really don't have any complaints when it comes to them and the Lafayette LR-800(Kenwood KW-70) and I've put a decent number of hours on them. The shop I got it from had thrown in CBS EL84s which that receiver pretty quickly cooked one of. So I figured based...
  14. OutlawSun

I’m using quad EL84Ms in a Lafayette LR-800 which was designed for 7189As. I’ve had them for a couple years. They’re still running strong.
  15. OutlawSun

Unpopular opinion

Modern Pop Country is absolute garbage. I do like the stuff in the vein of Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson, and Cash though.
  16. OutlawSun

Fisher SA-100

I've got a Lafayette LR-800 that was originally designed for 7189As that I bought from a shop. They put CBS EL84s in one of which eventually cooked for obvious reasons I dropped in a set of heavier duty EL84Ms and haven't had a single problem since.
  17. OutlawSun

Best Looking Receiver of all Time

I really appreciate the look of the Lafayette LR-800 probably one of the best looking Kenwood KW-70 variants.
  18. OutlawSun

Thanks. Added my reel to reel into the mix.
  19. OutlawSun

Rearranged my small setup for work from home/shelter in place. Plus got a pair of cube shelves to better organize my records and function as stands. Have a pair of Minimus 7s for my computer speakers and KLH 17s at opposite ends of the room with my chair centered between them.
  20. OutlawSun

Heathkit AR-1500 becomes a PC gaming computer.

Well at least the Heathkit found a new life as a new DIY project. Thought it would be cool and pointless to see a pc combined with vu meters or better yet a small oscilloscope.
  21. OutlawSun

Radio Garden

It's so awesome. Absolutely well implemented as far as being able to surf the world. I've been digging Arctic Outpost AM 1270 in Longyearbyen. It's basically a bunch of 78s being played from the early 1900s to the 1950s. Also Jazz Sakura in Tokyo is awesome if you want something similar to Yoko...
  22. OutlawSun

Could anyone share some good radio stations....

Dallas NPR music station no commercials. https://kxt.org/
  23. OutlawSun

Coronavirus and our hobby

It sounds really bad in Italy.
  24. OutlawSun

"Touch of Modern" turntable I.D.?

It's made by Mag Lev https://maglevaudio.com/
  25. OutlawSun

Anyone recognize these?

I'd be interested to see a closer shot of the crossover. Stylistically they make me think of Heathkits or some other diy speakers.
Back
Top Bottom