Search results

1. pnovak

Kenwood KX-1030 tape deck, replacing belts

I purchased this deck. It's in perfect condition cosmetically. The flat belt is broken so I need to replace. I'm assuming I should just replace all belts? Where would be the best place to find? Also the flat belt melted on the pulley, what is the best way to clean it off. It is really gooey...
  2. pnovak

Hinges - Technics SL-D2

I ended up missing out on those, but then two days later another pair were listed for $19.99. I only needed one so now I have a backup :banana:
  3. pnovak

Hinges - Technics SL-D2

Man I have to get a 3d printer, I could've just printed the plastic part out lol https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2041006
  4. pnovak

Hinges - Technics SL-D2

That's it! Thanks!
  5. pnovak

Hinges - Technics SL-D2

I just realized I never posted the pic lol. That won't help me. The actual hinge not the tab on the cover cracked.
  6. 20171115_114523

20171115_114523

7. pnovak

Hinges - Technics SL-D2

20171115_114523 by pnovak posted Nov 15, 2017 at 12:11 PMMy hinge on my turntable is cracked where the tab from the cover slides into it. It has a crack on both sides of the one hinge. I took a pic of the one side. I figured I would just live with it but the cover keeps popping out all the time...
  8. pnovak

Akai BT500 - Opinions or experience?

Ya I wasn't too interested in the BT. I can understand why though with all the powered speakers coming out, many have BT in them so you could literally just have a turntable and speakers. Thanks for the input on the specs.
  9. pnovak

Audiophile or Music Lover?

WOW ok, I never would have thought that, interesting. I would have assumed the sound(music) produced by the system would be the end.
  10. pnovak

Unless you never listen to music and only have your setup for movies then yes, probably not true. Probably should have said "MOST audiophiles are music lovers". If you are into hifi systems, it would be because of your passion for music that is played on the system...no?
  11. pnovak

Doughnuts?

Out of those I picked Dunkin but I would rather have ones from privately owned bakeries. We have several in the Pittsburgh area that I prefer over those on the list.
  12. pnovak

Where Does Your Dog Sleep (at Night?)

My bedroom but in her own bed on the floor.
  13. pnovak

I think that not all music lovers are audiophiles but all audiophiles are music lovers
  14. pnovak

Akai BT500 - Opinions or experience?

Anyone have any experience with one of these? I like the looks of it and features. Kind of has the classic minimalist look but tons of features and new tech. Appreciate any input. Paul
  15. pnovak

most creative album covers

I was always fascinated by this album cover since I was a teen with all the fantasy creatures and characters. Elton John, Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy 20171109_092101 by pnovak posted Nov 9, 2017 at 9:24 AM
  16. 20171109_092101

20171109_092101

Elton John, Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy
  17. pnovak

Craigs List find Jensen CS315 and KLH 22

Thanks, great info...I was not aware of that. lol I should be good, no neighbors on my left and I have decent side yard between me and my neighbors on the right...I have soo much to learn.
  18. pnovak

Anyone have any idea of the min and max wattage of these KLH? I have an add that states, " may be used with amplifiers of as little as 12 watts power per channel" so I'm assuming min of 12 watts but can't seem to find a max?
  19. pnovak

Excellent, I missed that thread on my search.
  20. pnovak

Thanks...I really love the look of the KLH. From everything I have read, the grills are probably attached with velcro or a dab of glue so I just have to slowly work them off?
  21. pnovak

It's been a while but I can solder. I have a decent multi-meter also. Sounds pretty straight forward....Thanks
  22. pnovak

Thanks, I'm new to the speaker refurb game. Are there any how to on here to do that?
  23. pnovak

So I was looking for a cheap pair of speakers for my son to use in the basement system. A guy had Jensen CS315 listed for $5. He also had 3 other pairs that he wanted to get out of his basement and sent me pics. I saw the KLH 22's and loved the look so I got those for $8. The Jensen work...
  24. pnovak

Cerwin Vega opinion

Ok so the guy backed out meeting Friday so I went Saturday. He was there with his Girlfriend at the apartment. I told him I was interested and wanted to listen. While I was listening his girlfriend drags him in the bedroom and when they come out he is talking about the price and how he made an...
  25. pnovak

Cerwin Vega opinion

I hear ya. I think it was bad choice of words to say "high end", more of upgrade. I have a pair of Boston Acoustics HD9 now with along with a pair of infinity 2000.1
Back
Top Bottom