Search results

1. pjrengineer

Sansui TU717 Alignment

I am learning how to align tuners on a Sansui TU717 and welcome your feedback. Some of the reasons I chose the TU717 to learn on is that this is one of my more inexpensive tuners with discrete components, the alignment procedure is brief, and this was a popular model so presumably there are more...
  2. pjrengineer

Marantz Model 18 restoration

Starting a restoration on a model 18 marantz. Just finished a pioneer sa9800 (minimum repair) and marantz 2220 for some friends. Now I get to work on my gear. It was working but I didn’t want to risk the scope tube or transformer so I will use a variac at 12vac for testing. Here are the...
  3. pjrengineer

Audio technica at-650 sut question

Hi I just purchased something on bartertown and when I opened it it was clear something was immediately amiss. When I turn the knob it just kept rotating. I discovered someone removed the control and hooked up a 3.9k resistor. I want to take it back to one of the stock values. Is it as simple...
  4. pjrengineer

Kenwood Supreme 600 integrated amp restoration thread

Hi y’all I am working on a kenwood 600 that has intermittent output at lower volume. So far it’s been a convenient amp to take apart once you get the 30 or so screws off the cover and bottom plate combined. The front frame just falls right off when you release the big screws pretty much...
  5. pjrengineer

Kenwood kd-5077 fully automatic direct drive turntable overhaul

Hello I will do my best to document the overhaul I perform on this kenwood kd-5077 that I picked up this weekend from fort mill, sc. The condition is all original and still working but I want to make sure it will be usable for the next happy owner. The physical condition is excellent (vinyl...
  6. pjrengineer

Refoaming rca / Optimus Linaeum tweeter speakers

Hey has anyone else tried to refoam these on the back of the cone? Thanks
  7. pjrengineer

Pioneer PL-610

Hello I just finished restoring my pioneer PL-610 turntable using the following thread https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/restoring-a-pioneer-pl-630-turntable.92333/ recapped fully and adjusted the voltages per the service manual. boy does it sound good. does anyone know...
  8. pjrengineer

Kenwood kr-5150

First off I wanna say how much I enjoy the kenwood sound. I have a particular question about the kenwood kr-5150. I received another receiver with a box for the kr5150. I’m looking to hear from other users of this model! thanks
  9. pjrengineer

Fisher kx-200 output transformer

Hi What resistance reading should plate - plate be for a working kx200 that is still in circuit with the tubes removed (doesn’t matter maybe)? Thank you for your help. Ps. Hope you’re enjoying the nearly full moon tonight and warmer weather.
  10. pjrengineer

BuzzK is a vibe

Keeps the tubes protected well and I like having cages on my amps. Thank you sir for the eico hf87 tube amp cage. Maybe I’ll bring it to the little ak meetup this weekend in w-s.
  11. pjrengineer

Jackson 112 capacitor tester power pot

good morning ak yesterday I had a successful day restoring a bk precision e-200d rf generator I think it’s mostly working but new to fm work. That thing is neat. Today I’m working on another piece. I purchased this beautiful capacitor tester on eBay with the intent to have a backup for my...
  12. pjrengineer

Harman Kardon HK-250 Tube Amplifier Restoration

Sharing with you my current project the harman kardon hk-250. I am still listening to the eico hf87 I just finished in the living room. (That power transformer gets hot on that thing even with a bucking xfrmr) I'm sure they were beloved as my grandfather owned a Harman kardon tube amplifier...
  13. pjrengineer

Metal base 6ca7 / el34

Does anyone have any info on these tubes labeled matsushita 6ca7 but have a metal base? I just purchased these and they have to be shipped (from China). Supposedly an early metal base version. I was only able to find a single reference website online and it’s another forum post but not really...
  14. pjrengineer

Transcendar tt-033-ot

Hello Has anyone used this transformer for a build? Can you give some examples with how it performed possibly? Just acquired these off of analog addict from another birdie and I’m hopefully gonna make them sing some day. My goal is to do a complete build and not swap them in an amp that has...
  15. pjrengineer

Eico hf87 purchase

Got this on eBay recently. Looks like it was modded. I am new to modding tube amps so if anyone can advise. I see separate transformer was added for the 12ax7. Some sort of diode / voltage regulators were added to the power supply. I do not know if these are commonly done mods. If...
  16. pjrengineer

Gentleman, scholar, judge a fine whisky

Gentleman = punker x Scholar = Tom b Judge a fine whisky = jblnut these three have been exquisite to deal with on audiokarma bartertown. Thank you fellas for your expertise and service. Thanks for the tuners.
  17. pjrengineer

Heathkit w5m restore

Hey y’all Just wanted to share my latest project - a Heathkit w5m. My last project went really well, a Dynaco stereo 400, but took forever. I was on the verge of selling this w5m, but decided I would rather keep it and restore it. Just so you know, I’m a beginner at this. What you see are...
  18. pjrengineer

Lafayette KT-600 Phono roll-off switch bypass

Hello, I am having trouble with my KT-600 preamp phono roll-off selector switch. The one channel cuts out unless I push the shaft up and the cable is still good. Something is obviously losing contact and needs taken apart and tweaked back to shape. The nut on the end of the shaft was partially...
  19. pjrengineer

anal.log Hooked me up

I got a brand new tweeter in the box from this great guy. Quick shipping. Thanks.
  20. pjrengineer

Palustris Is very awesome

I haven’t been more delighted to purchase something from bartertown. Thanks for the quick shipping and great tubes. Let me know if you find anything similar.
  21. pjrengineer

Yamaha ns-1000 mid range buzz

Hi I just listened to a set that had the mid range buzz slightly maybe distortion on certain mid range notes such as piano or high pitched voice. We cleaned the mid control with deoxit by spraying it in the slots on the side and this helped the control work without the driver cutting out when...
  22. pjrengineer

MX-110z tuner stopped working...some trouble shooting

Hi I have a MX110z with fm not working. It was working until I cleaned the tube sockets a couple months ago then it stopped working. I can’t recall switching any of the fm tubes for others. Test shows Nearly 0V at grid pins on 12AU7 (pins 2 & 7). At inductor L7 the pin connected through 12au7...
  23. pjrengineer

Reggae Christmas

If you like reggae music and are in the Christmas spirit check out this gem of an album. jacob miller - natty christmas
  24. pjrengineer

Ak user whatelse

He is a great guy to deal with. Thanks again for the amp transaction. Can’t wait to restore them when I have time. I will keep you posted on the sound.
  25. pjrengineer

Thorens td124 service

Hi, Does anyone do service for these? I posted one for sale in bartertown, no serious bites yet, considering getting it restored. I have restored a few turntables but this seems a little over my head and I want someone who’s done it before. I’ve seen the wood song website. Seeking...
Back
Top Bottom