Search results

1. Aldo

Hi Lee, I can sell the TA-3650 for 100 +50 shipping if I don't go through Ebay and pay all the...

Hi Lee, I can sell the TA-3650 for 100 +50 shipping if I don't go through Ebay and pay all the fees. My email is aldo162@eastlink.ca if you are interested I can send it to you. Thanks, Ron
  2. Aldo

New restoration project RSC speaker Santa Maria II Columbus serie

I came across a pair of these in decent condition a few years ago. I redid the cabinets in a medium gloss rosewood red stain, with red grilles for a nice retro vibe. they look wonderful. The mids were both dead in mine, I replaced them with newer (1990) 6" mids and I didn't notice any major...
  3. Aldo

Alternate Grill Cloth Colors (i.e. not Black or Brown) - Show us what You've Got!

I have my Timewindows done in navy blue, I like the look much better than the original black foam.....
  4. Aldo

Realistic at a realistic price!

Who could not like this??
  5. Aldo

CANADIAN SPEAKERS:

I've owned quite a few pairs of Pro-Linears over the years. They are a good speakers at their price point, and many retailers in Canada in the 1970s offered them as a lower cost alternate to the name brands of the day (Pioneer, Sansui, JBL, etc..) In my opinion, I found the two way designs they...
  6. Aldo

Sorry to Laugh...but this is .... H-O-R-R-E-N-D-O-U-S

Or if you prefer....HORRIFIC http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pioneer-SX-780-w-Custom-Wood-Box-/322326558061?hash=item4b0c28f56d:g:hRUAAOSw5cNYJ9Lr
  7. Aldo

Is there any reason this Sansui G-5500 sold for this high amount?

Can anyone explain what went on with this auction. It is a nice clean receiver, but almost $4000...
  8. Aldo

Who really likes their vintage Advents

Advents were the first quality speaker I encountered as a youngster. I was about 14 at the time (1975) and I was floored by how nice they sounded. I have had many pairs of bigger and presumably better speakers over the years. I am 54 now but i still can easily go back to my two pairs of Advents...
  9. Aldo

Kenwood VR-716 Knowledge

I had the VR-616, just one step below. I tried it for music, terrible muddy sound, hard to see functions, hidden functions that can only be accessed through many remote control manoevres. Mine had very little usage, but still malfunctioned on a regular basis, complete junk in my opinion, sorry I...
  10. Aldo

Mach One's refresh

They look like a million. I have 2 pairs of bone stock Mach Ones in really nice condition. I might try what you did.
  11. Aldo

Who made the best vintage audio?

Can I get a shoutout for the lowly, yet sweet sounding Queon? :)
  12. Aldo

Bose 901 - early review

No sir, you are not the only one...
  13. Aldo

Yes, I love my Bose 401s

I have a black pair of 401s in storage right now. Occasionally I bring them out and give them a little exercise, and I'm never disappointed.
  14. Aldo

Really? Just for stands?.....

This just doesn't seem right, $2200 just for wooden stands..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Pair-2-Vintage-Acoustic-Research-AR3a-Solid-Walnut-Stands-/301822471737?hash=item4646056e39:g:pV0AAOSw3ydV3hQf
  15. Aldo

cheap vintage speakers have really surprised me with performance

The Pro-Linwear speakers from the 1970s were decent for sure. I've had numerous pairs over the years, still have a pair of Stage-4 left. They have a 10" woofer with a 3" phenolic ring tweeter. Good straight forward sound. They used CTS drivers.
  16. Aldo

Realistic Mach 1 listening impressions

I think the Machs sound best elevated 6-8" off the floor, tighter deeper bass for sure. I have two pairs of the 4024's in beautiful shape, everyone 35 and under who comes to the house, and who sees and hears them, wants to buy them from me. No thank you....
  17. Aldo

Breathing life into Bose 901

I have both 601 series II and 901 series I and V. I think the 601 is a very good speaker, that doesn't seem to be as placement dependent as the 901's. This, plus the added convenience of not having an EQ to fit into your system is a plus as well. That said, in my opinion, they still fall a bit...
  18. Aldo

HPM-60 speaker info please

The HPM-60s are great speakers. Similar sound in that whole line, giving up a little bass punch to the 100s but the presentation is very much the same. :smoke:
  19. Aldo

Realistic Minimus 2 - 1968 (?) Bookshelf Speakers

The pic you posted of the Minimus-2 shows that the tweeter on the original posters picture is not original, but similar to M-1. The tweeters used for the Minimus-2 were the same as used in the Optimus series of speakers.
  20. Aldo

I may get a lot of flack for this,but...

I have both the OLA's and the Optimus 5's. I find their approach to sound very similar, and yes, some songs sound better on one or the other. For the record, I've kept both pairs, they are classics in my opinion, and both possess that soft, slightly warm wooly sound that is easy on the ears...
  21. Aldo

Realistic Minimus 2 - 1968 (?) Bookshelf Speakers

Those tweeters are not original. These were my first pair of speakers when I was first getting into stereo at the age of 14, I know these speakers quite well. The woofers look correct though. The woofers used a heavily doped cloth surround that tends to get very stiff over time, limiting the...
  22. Aldo

How many of Us own more than 100 pairs of speakers??

50 pairs here....down from an all time high of 65 pairs :stupid: :guitar:
  23. Aldo

Queon Speakers

I have a very nice silver faced Queon amplifier complete with rack handles, that I would compare with any of the bigger names out there. I really like the look of those speakers. :yes:
  24. Aldo

Criterion VI - Unwanted, a pleasant surprise, make nice again

I recently picked up a pair of these Criterion VI's for $10. Nice shape, very similar in sound with the Realistic Optimus 5's, same size too. As with yours, the adjustable pots in back have drop out spots and I have to keep them fully open to get the sound I want. Nice veneered boxes, certainly...
  25. Aldo

Klipsch KG2

To answer your original question, they look to be a very early version. I have the later version with rear drone, that I like very much. They are a good speaker, period. :smoke:
Back
Top Bottom