Search results

1. speedy22

Beogram B&O TX2/MMC3 Question

Thanks, guys, for the help, much appreciated. An AZUR 651P is on it's way as we speak. It's designed for use with MC or MM cartridges, so I'll be good no matter what table I may use in the future, but I found a great price and couldn't pass it up. Thanks again for all and enjoy your music.
  2. speedy22

Beogram B&O TX2/MMC3 Question

I'm looking to purchase a preamp for use with my Beogram TX2 TT so that I can transfer from LP to CD media. Am I correct in assuming the MMC3 "moving micro cross" cartridge to be basically a moving coil cartridge?
  3. speedy22

This is going to make you sick.

Right Person For The Job Obviously they had the right little sheep that couldn't think for themselves doing that job. I knew there was a sucker born every minute, but not an idiot. That is a SHAME about that gear.....unbelievable, nuts. Guess who ever was paying this particular idiot was...
  4. speedy22

AMD Preamp / Need INFO

I recently bought a boatload of various electronics at an auction, and among everything was what I believe to be a preamp. The ONLY markings on it as far as ID goes is the AMD sticker. Other than that, there are two sets of L/R inputs and a selector for either phono or tape. On the output...
  5. speedy22

ADVENT 4002 Tweeter Fuse Size

Simple enough question here. I just picked up a pair of Advent 4002 speakers in physically beautiful condition, including the woofers, which are Sentrek's and appearing to be in great as new condition. When I acquired them, they were connected in parallel, so were being used apparently in a...
  6. speedy22

Pioneer SX-850 Filter Caps

I humbly come to you in search of vintage parts. I have a Pioneer SX-850 receiver that I want to replace the filter caps in and haven't had much luck so far. I need a pair of 15000 mfd @50 Volts caps. If anyone can steer me to a source for these I would very much appreciate it. Thanks for now.
  7. speedy22

Grundig AN200 AM Loop Antenna

I recently saw an ad in Popular Communications for the Grundig AN200 AM loop antenna and it caught my attention as something I might want to try. After looking at various reviews I came away still wondering what to think of the antenna. I have a couple of GE Super Radios in really perfect...
  8. speedy22

An Unbelievable Find

ARKAY, My wife stopped asking a long time ago why I was keeping something. Something breaks, a project needs another whatever and the hardware store is 20 miles one way.....let me check the garage. I don't keep every little thing, but hardware, scraps of this and that, lumber....oh, yeah, I'm a...
  9. speedy22

An Unbelievable Find

Some one may have to bring me up to speed here. I realize there is an impedance factor involved here but 4 ohms and 8 ohms in series is going to be 12 ohms. No offense taken by the way. I would like to see how you arrive at the six ohms though, never too late to learn something new along with...
  10. speedy22

An Unbelievable Find

By the way, along with some other Denon and Pioneer pieces, I recently picked up an SX 780 mint for $20. People have no kdea and I hit a lot of estate sales and estate auctions. Awhile back I picked up for $5.00 a working Tandberg reel to reel, Model 12 and it has the hard carry case with it. By...
  11. speedy22

An Unbelievable Find

Well, they're wired in series, if wired in parallel they would only go about 2 1/2 ohms. i understand this is am impedance actually, but at audio frequencies with efficient speakers you should be mostly a pure resistance. I can tell you this....it sounds great!!
  12. speedy22

An Unbelievable Find

Like an early Christmas present!!
  13. speedy22

Anyone ever seen a fuse like this (pics attached)?

Whoru99 hits it right on the head. That extra 1/8 amp of protection likely still isn't enough to survive the inrush current when the gear is first turned on. There could still be a problem and the first thing I would look at if there is is the filter capacitors in the power supply. Good luck.
  14. speedy22

An Unbelievable Find

Yesterday as I was going in to the local post office, passing by some folks trash sitting out to be picked up, I noticed some tomato cages. My daughter could use those so I'll get them on my way back if they're still there. Coming back from the other direction something else catches my eye...
  15. speedy22

Pioneer Pl300 Dust Cover Needed

I just picked up a nice vintage setup, consisting of among other things, a Pioneer SX787 in mint condition and working great and a Pioneer PL300 turntable. Only thing wrong with the table is there's no dust cover. If anyone has any possible places I may find one it would sure be appreciated...
  16. speedy22

Great Find, Tandberg Series 12 R-r

I recently acquired a Tandberg Series 12 reel to reel. This is the four channel model and all I've done with it so far is to open it up, clean out some cobwebs and reattach one of the brackets that the deck attaches to inside it's case. To my utter surprise the deck plays great and now it...
  17. speedy22

Altec Lansing Acs41 Speakers

I have a pair of Altec Lansing ACS41's from my old Gateway Computer and I've been trying to find info on what their impedance is. I'd like to use them on my Grundig Satelitt 800 shortwave but don't want to do any harm to the receiver. Anybody know if this is a good idea or a very bad idea? Thanks.
  18. speedy22

Impedance of Computer Speakers

Got a question about these old Altec Lansing ACS41's that have been sitting around for too long. They were part of an old Gateway system. I'm not going to use these with a stereo system, but I am curious what the impedance of them would be. I might like to connect them to my Grundig Satellit 800...
  19. speedy22

What should I do about this Auction?

What he has probably done is close his old eBay account and opened a new one under another user name and password.....almost impossible to find him though, unless you have his email address from previous communications. Then you may have a chance at at least establishing communications with him...
  20. speedy22

Traditional Bluegrass?

ALL OF THE ABOVE.....You couldn't go wrong with any of them mentioned, but I gotta say, before I read the responses to the original posting, Bill Monroe and the Stanley Brothers came to mind as well as Vassar Clements by the way. To reminisce a bit....I had the extreme pleasure back in 1978 of...
  21. speedy22

ADVENT Woofer Recommendations

Thanks to all who responded to my query about the ADVENT woofers. Thinking back....way back, I began to recall that the woofers in them at the moment are indeed not the originals and now that the foam rings on them are shot, instead of messing with them, I would much prefer locating a pair of...
  22. speedy22

ADVENT Woofer Recommendations

I'm here with a simple question that I bet draws a number of interesting opinions. I have a pair of ADVENT's, the Smaller Advent Loudspeaker, they use 10" woofers and I'm looking to get a new pair of them. Looking for opinions on brand and where to buy something comparable to what was originally...
  23. speedy22

Leonard Cohen

Just sitting here listening to Leonard Cohen and wondering how many fans are out there.
  24. speedy22

Now this just makes you sick!

Geez, I think I blew a speaker on my computer!!!!! I'm sure glad I never did that kind of stuff with MY folks stereo.......
  25. speedy22

Anybody Else watch Tin Man?

Yeah, we noticed Zooey's mannerisms too, but hey, she's still cute. Thought the whole thing was pretty cool, not sure some of it was for little kids right before bed, but my kids grew up watching scary movies with me and loved it. Now they read Dean Koontz and Stephen King as their favorite...
Back
Top Bottom