Search results

1. UncleBingo

NJ Phoenix Delivers!

I recently had occasion to transact business with AK'er NJ Phoenix. Smooth, easy transaction. Item arrived very well packed and better than described. I would not hesitate to do business with him again. Thanks Andy!
  2. UncleBingo

AK'er Sound Dragon is top-notch!

I recently had occasion to do business with Sound Dragon. Item was beautifully over-packed and arrived better than advertised. Communication was prompt and on point. Superlative transaction across the board. Thanks Ron!
  3. UncleBingo

wIhd1610 saves the day!

Bob had a rather obscure part I needed and he shipped it fast with no muss-no fuss Thanks Bob!
  4. UncleBingo

This is kind of cool. Glassworks at the new WE plant

No Affiliation.
  5. UncleBingo

Mcntosh MC2205 driver transistor

Hi, I'm working on an MC 2205. It's been a bit of a pain...Found a bad driver part no. 132-151 Looks like MJ15004g is a decent sub, but also MJ15025 (which has the same specs as MJ21193G). I have MJ21193G here. Is it safe? Thanks in advance for your help. I can order a 15004G or MJ15025...
  6. UncleBingo

"It only hurts when I do this..."

So, I'm looking at an amplifier that is "Acting up; noisy". I run and monitor it on the bench. Checks out okay. I contact the owner to ask him the particulars. Specifically, how long is it turned on before the problem occurs. Answer? "Oh, three or four days". Am I out of line suggesting...
  7. UncleBingo

Buglegirl for the win!

What is that sound? Is it the doorbell? Flyback transformer on that old TV set? Tinnitus flare up? Nope. It's a ringing endorsement for Buglegirl! Purchased a cap-tester from her, it arrived faster than expected, well-packed and in better condition than it looked like in the pictures...
  8. UncleBingo

Marantz 18 Transistors

Trying to source proper transistors for the driver and tone amplifier board for a Marantz 18. I've checked schematics and service manuals only to find proprietary Marantz part #'s (Grrr...) I even looked for an annotated schematic where someone perhaps wrote in some actual manufacturer...
  9. UncleBingo

Cheap audio gear. Yes? No? Sometimes?

Do you seek out cheap audio gear for your system? I'm talking about brand-new stuff. Not garage sale, estate, NOS or thrift "Scroes".
  10. UncleBingo

If this is the best you can do...

Please just don't. The 10uf 35v cap in this 2230 was replaced (in one channel only) with a 350V cap the 10uf cap in the other channel was not replaced at all, despite most of the other caps being replaced. The original Elna 100uf at 50V was left in this channel and replaced in the other...
  11. UncleBingo

Pioneer RT-707 Record speed slow

I just picked up an RT 707 reel to reel and it works fine in playback mode. If I record a song, the playback is too fast. I have to rotate the pitch control back to about the 8 o'clock position to get the playback speed right. I have cleaned the speed switch multiple times, as well as the...
  12. UncleBingo

Kenwood KR-6340 help?

Kenwood KR 6340 on the bench - part of the Two-Four series (Stereo/Quad). This unit stays in protection. I have tested with each one of the two power amps separately, and both amps installed together- still stays in protect. DC measured at the relay is 42mv on one side and 240mv on the...
  13. UncleBingo

Magnavox cdb560 hum +music at output

Howdy, Looking at this CD player for a friend. He said it was humming along with the music. (Perhaps it doesn't know the words?) Both channels. I don't usually work on these, but thinking it was possibly a bad ground on the output RCA's I agreed to crack it open and have a gander. Short...
  14. UncleBingo

Rek-O-Kut Induction motor fix

Pulled a Rek-o-kut K33 with the black induction motor (non-"H") today and plugged it in. The motor spun, but barely. Maybe 3 or 4 rpm. Here's what I did: Pull the motor and using Naptha (Lighter-fluid), fill the bearing-oil holes on the motor with Naptha and spin the motor by hand for a...
Back
Top Bottom