Search results

1. G

What is your dream vintage audio setup?

Mine is Linn LP12 Turntable Pioneer Spec 3 preamp Pioneer Spec 2 PowerAmp 250watt per ch Yamaha NS-1000 Speakers. Total price is around £4,000 or £3,000 for bad condition. My current set up is: Cambridge Audio CD Pioneer SA-9500 II amp Kef Concerto / LS35A(fixing) speakers.
  2. G

Kef Concerto - whats an upgrade?

I want to upgrade my speakers, recommendations please. The amp is Pioneer SA-9500 II Source is Cambridge Audio CD36 / Youtube Amazon fire stick / was Dual Cs505-1 record deck.
  3. G

How do Ls3 / 5a sound compared to Kef Concerto?

Is it worth upgrading? Will they sound better and have more detail? They both have the B110 & T27 but the Kef Concertos also have a subwoofer B139.
  4. G

How do Kef Concerto sound compared to Pioneer HPM-100?

Is it worth the upgrade? I like to hear detail in my music espeacially in the mids and accuracy to real life.
  5. G

Kef Concerto Recap - what is a 7mfd capacutor in uf?

Ordering some new capacitors for my Kef Concertos (I have 3 pairs). This is called recaping speakers.... The capacitor values on one crossover are: 5mfd 5mfd 7mfd 60mfd 80mfd. What are these in uf? Are they the same values? I am going for Alcap capacitors.
  6. G

Ebay alternatives to buy vintage audio?

Alternatives and other sites recomendations please espeacially if they are cheaper.
  7. G

What was your biggest score on ebay?

Mine was Rotel RX-802 I was the only bidder no one else bid. Got it for £30 excellent condition, its worth £150 - £200 no idea why no one else bid maybe it was one of those days when ebay had low visitor numbers..... One meter bulb was out but thats minor issue.
  8. G

Is there anything of value in this photo of 70 hi fi items?

Please let me know if there is any valuable stuff in the pile of 'junk' below. Let me know if there is anything worth more than $50
  9. G

Which speakers have you brought that dont out bad?

That Turned out bad? For me its the Kef Concertos.
  10. G

Tape deck wont forward but it will reverse

Tape deck wont forward but it will reverse Why is this? I have this issue on both decks i got a few weeks ago. I'm not very familiar with tape decks. Selling on ebay should I mention this issue?
  11. G

Where do you keep your bass & treble knobs?

What percentage do you keep your bass and trebles at? I know some keep it at 50% treble and 50% bass.
  12. G

Is it normal that all my vintage speakers have died on me in last 2 years

Nearly Every speaker I have brought in last two years has died on me. My Beovox P30 one woofer started making distorted sounds, got it replaced. My Beovox S45 same issue. My Beovox S75 a tweeter has gone completely dead and remaining 3 tweeters in the pair are sounding a lot less trebly. I...
  13. G

Will my amplifier die if I listen on only one channel with balance knob fully to the right?

I have a pair of Kef Concerto's ones B139 woofer is distorted so I am only listening to one speaker with balance knob fully to the right? Will doing this damage my amp? Amp - Pioneer SA-9500 II
  14. G

My KEF B110 both have serial number 72 on them I'm I on to something here?

They both say serial number 72 A & B are these the 72nd pair ever made? I got them from a Kef DIY KIT concerto. I have seen early LS3/5A speakers with serial number 11 & 12 sell for £6,000 !! See photos below:
  15. G

Rogers KEF BBC LS3/5A DIY self build 100% to specification (photos)

My DIY BBC LS3/5A project is under construction see photos below. Are many of you interested in me keeping a blog dairy of the build on here? Everything will be 100% to specification - 12mm plywood thickness, plywood fillet supports, Kef B110 & kef T27, 11 ohm crossover PCB board, Metal guard...
  16. G

Is this Dual 1219 all original?

I've never seen a Dual record player look this amazing so I was wondering have things been added on later or is it all original? See photo below:
  17. G

Which speakers are these?

Anyone know brand and model number of these? Polk audio and Realistic vintage speakers come close but true identity not found.
  18. G

Whats the most money you spend on an Amplifier to get it fixed

I'm curious to know highest cost of an amplifier repair. Please do not include restoration costs like recap. Please include stuff like fixing a totally dead amp / only one channel working / loud hunming/ distortion etc. Please also include if the work carried out was by self or technician?
  19. G

Pioneer Spec Repair costs?

Most of you may be aware the Pioneer Spec are possibly the best vintage 1970's amplifiers ever made. There is the Pioneer Spec Pre-amplifier and it goes with the Pioneer Spec power amplifier. There is the Spec 1, 2, 3, 4. I am looking to upgrade from the Pioneer SA-9500 II. The problem I am...
  20. G

How to stop being an audiophile?

How to stop being an audiophile?
  21. G

Which speakers will go well with Pioneer SA-9500 II amplifier?

Currently I'm using Bang & Olufsen Beovox S75 recapped with Nichicon capacitors. 1970's Kef Concertos don't impress me. I have a kit BBC LS3/5A under construction, just having a hard time finding the inductors for crossover board. Any other speaker suggestions. I want sound that is speacial...
  22. G

Audio plug issue please help

So I brought a bulk audio collection but they have various plugs I want to turn them into UK or EU plugs. What do I type into ebay to get the converters? I know of the UK to EU plug converters but these items have totally different plugs. Please see photos. Also if you know the names of these...
  23. G

Dual 505 -1 ringing sound at high volume?

So I got a Dual 505-1 turntable a few days ago connected up to 3 different amps but it has same issue it sounds fine but at high volumes I can hear loud ringing sound. Its not the amps or speakers. Why is there this sound? How do I remove it? The turntable has 1 plug, rca cables and another...
  24. G

Will recaping my Pioneer SA-9500 II Amplifier improve the sound quality?

Will the sound quality be improved?
  25. G

Yamaha NS 1000 (M) speakers any good?

How do they sound? How much would you spend on a pair?
Back
Top Bottom