Search results

1. Dan Reardon

Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Silver Edition

The Carver amazing 12" surrounds are available from Simply Speakers they have an unusual profile wide roll very thin speakercones and a small magnet and voice coil. They are difficult to align properly but they are amazing....
  2. Dan Reardon

KEF 103.4 Crossover (sp2175) Help

The reason I need the photo is the former owner changed every cap and every resistor. I have found 3 caps at the wrong value based on the other crossover he only partially modified. There are 3 caps in particular that were changed on both i need to verify.
  3. Dan Reardon

Does anyone have a photo?
  4. Dan Reardon

I recently purchased a set of Kef 103.4 speakers one work fine the other was very weak treble. I suspected the ferrofluid was dried but former owner said he swapped mid/nt25 tweeter drivers an the tweeter was fine. O open the back and found someone had butchered the crossover. See photo below. I...
  5. Dan Reardon

Kenwood Basic C1 Preamplifier Restoration/Upgrade

Lunarfox, I replaced every cap in the entire C1. Like you say they were not expensive and while I was in there I did them. I followed Ben's advice and read every thing I could find by Cyril Bateman. Cyril has some very revealing capacitor tests that gave me an insight I never had. I also used...
  6. Dan Reardon

How many of you built Heathkits?

I built a Heathkit SW radio around 1959 I was about 8 years old. That thing always seemed to overheat a particular resistor but it was such an easy fix. I remember cutting shipping carton to line parts up in the corrugation. Those were the days.
  7. Dan Reardon

Yes Lee is Ben or rather Ben is Leestereo.
  8. Dan Reardon

Ben, Thanks for the response, just learned you name was Ben sorry for the Lee. I will check to see if they are in the audio path, although I am sure you already did.Thanks for the update on the transistors. I like this modification so much I wanted to just keep it rolling. This is a day and...
  9. Dan Reardon

Now to my listening tests to this point. I have not tried the phono section yet so these comments are aimed at the general preamp section. I have several other preamps and my Yamaha CX-1000 stands at the top I also have a CX-800. These seem like fair vintage comparisons. The C1 beats the CX-800...
  10. Dan Reardon

Lee, Thank you for your wonderful thread it gave me inspiration to refurb the Kenwood C1 as well. It is mostly complete except for a few questions. I replaced the two small ceramics near the volume control and I replaced the single larger ceramic right before the two filter caps in the power...
  11. Dan Reardon

Favorite Female Artists

Off the top off my head Lorrena McKennitt Jasmine Thompson Paula Cole Eva Cassidy Susanne Vega Annie Lennox Christine Agularia Joan Baez
  12. Dan Reardon

Best 80's 200WPC power amp?

How about the SAE series Power Amps A501 250 wpc 8 ohm and A1001 500 wps 8 ohm? These are around 1982.
  13. Dan Reardon

The Quest is endless.

The Quest is endless.
Back
Top Bottom