Search results

1. C

Sony ps-x70 turntable

Can't find any info on C48 low pass filter...maybe it doesn't have this?
  2. C

Sony ps-x70 turntable

Don't have a phono stage...this TT is being run through a McIntosh C48 preamp...not sure how good it is, but it is too far away from TT to use the short cable coming out of the TT...I'm located in Lake Oswego, OR, which is just outside Portland...can you recommend a good used phono...
  3. C

Sony ps-x70 turntable

I have the TT on a cabinet sitting between my speakers and subs...cabinet is on concrete floor...have no other choice of location for TT...I bought an Aurelux anti-vibration pad...I have read online that what I need to do is buy a phono stage and put it close to the TT and then use the long rca...
  4. C

Sony ps-x70 turntable

I got the lifter figured out...thanks...I also got a new gold2 stylus for the Grado X+ cartridge...hook it up and believe I got everything adjusted properly on the turntable...I bought a Audioquest Golden Gate rca...the only available place I have to place the turntable required that I extend...
  5. C

Sony ps-x70 turntable

Ok...I did this with the up/ down mechanism, but that doesn't seem fix it...I can manually with fingers make it go up and down very easily, it's just that when you push the up button it will only raise up about 2/3 of the way, which is not enough to get the tonearm high enough to pass over the...
  6. C

Sony ps-x70 turntable

Thanks everyone for all the great advice...really looking forward to getting this table going again
  7. C

Sony ps-x70 turntable

Do you think this Lomc cartridge would be better than the Grado X+ that I currently have?...I would opt for an upgraded stylus at a cost of 150
  8. C

Sony ps-x70 turntable

Gonna definitely take it in to be serviced...so now just need to figure out what cartridge would work best. If the Grado is still working and produces good sound I will spend the 150 on an upgraded stylus...cost really not a huge deal, just want to have a cartridge that would do it justice.
  9. C

Sony ps-x70 turntable

Ok...thanks...is the Grado X+ cartridge any good?.. a replacement stylus is going to cost 130 or 150 upgraded...don't even know for sure if it works
  10. C

Sony ps-x70 turntable

I have a Sony PS-X70 tt that has been in my garage now for 15 years or so...just decided to bring it inside and dust it off to see if might work...i plugged it in and everything seems to function properly, except the auto lift doesnt seem to lift the arm high enough...havent played vinyl for 20...
  11. C

A/D/S line pecking order?

Did...I've got two systems, one running 1590's and one running 1290's... while I do like the 1590's better, I feel I've got my 1290's really dialed in and am amazed at how good they sound...I've had the tweeters and mids rebuilt, which made a huge difference...next I'm having the crossovers...
  12. C

A/D/S line pecking order?

I own 400e, 470/2, 710, 780/2, 880/2, 1290/2, 1590/2 Without a doubt my fav is the 1590 followed by 1290 Have never really had a chance to compare these two models with anything newer...have been wondering if anyone has listened to them a/b against Aerial Accoustic speakers...10t, 7t, model...
  13. C

System help needed

Good advice.. thanks Don't have headphones, but have been wanting to get a set...can you recommend a set under $1000, please
  14. C

System help needed

I've swapped out amp and preamp with an mc2255 and c48 and swapped Mullard tubes and it didn't resolve the issue
  15. C

System help needed

Hello...I have been building my system over the past couple years based upon advice from all the knowledgeable folks on Audiokarma forums and need some help/advice...I am experiencing/hearing what I call distortion in the vocals of alot of the music I listen to, which is mainly rock from 70's...
  16. C

Mc2255 and Mc48

Finally got my system put together...super happy...I added a Bryston bdp-2 music server with the CD transport.. wow, never heard CDs sound this good...it's like all new music
  17. C

Cocktail audio x-50

Looking for an all in one CD player, burner, storage and music streamer...have looked online at Cocktail Audio x-50 and Bluesound Vault2...any one have any experience with these units?
  18. C

Mc2255 and Mc48

I currently have a Parasound 75 watt amp and a Yamaha avr receiver and they sound pretty good...can't wait to get em hooked up to some better equipment
  19. C

Ads L1290 speaker amp power

Gonna go with a c48 preamp that I found at a decent price, I think...like that it has an HT bypass feature
  20. C

Ads L1290 speaker amp power

Thanks...I have decided to up my budget and am going with a McIntosh mc2255 with 250 watts per channel...gonna also get a Mac preamp
  21. C

Mc2255 and Mc48

Thanks...my speakers are ADS l1290/2...really looking forward to hearing them in this setup
  22. C

Mc2255 and Mc48

I own the c48 and am looking for a McIntosh amp to go with it.. have a chance to buy a mc2255 and wonder if anyone knows how they will sound together
  23. C

Mc2255 and Mc48

Hello...anybody have an idea how these two amps will sound paired together?
  24. C

Mcintosh MA 6600 integrated amp

Hello...looking at buying the ma6600...will it work with my Yamaha avr home theater system?...buying it primarily to play cd's on my ADS l1290 speakers
  25. C

Mcintosh MA 6600 integrated amp

Hello...looking at buying the ma6600...will it work with my Yamaha avr home theater system?...buying it primarily to play cd's on my ADS l1290 speakers
Back
Top Bottom