Search results

1. J

Phono stage placement

That’s a good tip. The way it is currently set up, it is very quiet, so I will try that out. And you are correct, I have no intention of extending any cables from the turntable to the preamp. Thank you
  2. J

Phono stage placement

Thank you for the input. The turntable has its own cables that are about 1.5 feet I believe. It’s a marantz tt-15. I think I will try and place the phono stage in the entertainment center and see if I notice any negative change. Thanks again
  3. J

Phono stage placement

Good evening folks.. I have what I believe to be a stupid question but I’d like some input. I recently purchased a new AV processor, I would like to move all components except for my turntable inside my entertainment center if possible. Currently that would include my power amp and my...
  4. J

If you were going to start over...?

My Dad actually has that same Sony amp and it is quite impressive. That’s funny. I prefer separates and that’s what I currently have. As far as amp size, it’s hard to say, I currently have a high powered class AB amp from emotiva and I like it but I think there are higher quality lower powered...
  5. J

Thank you, my analog chain is already set and ready to go... but definitely will check out the def tech’s
  6. J

Thank you. I’ve tried to do a similar thing. Missed out on a piece a few weeks back and I’ve been on tilt since haha
  7. J

I’ve been thinking about starting over with my system... I’m not necessarily unhappy with my setup but I’m not sure if changing one piece will help get me to where I want my system to be. Let’s say the budget is between 5-6k and you were looking to add 2 main speakers and a processor/preamp/ or...
  8. J

Clearaudio Virtuoso wood mm/ Virtuoso v2 Ebony

Im looking at buying a used Marantz TT-15s1. The one in looking at seems to have the older virtuoso cartridge, not the v2. Curious if anybody has any experience with the 2 different Virtuoso's listed above. I have tried to research the Virtuoso Wood mm, but really the only thing I found was...
  9. J

Hiss through analog set up. Out of ideas...

Personally I would look for a better phono to line level Pre-amp. I would also look for phono cartridges with a good reputation with higher output levels. So you're not a fan of the Vincent Pho 701? I can still return it at this point. I bought after reading some pretty high remarks for...
  10. J

Thanks for all the responses. Current set up to see if you all think I have a bad pairing of equipment: Martin Logan Motion 40's, Emotiva UMC 200, Emotiva XPA 3 gen 3, ProJect RPM 1 with Sumiko Pearl, Vincent Pho 701, better cables silver serpent interconnects, amplifier surgery speaker...
  11. J

Awesome! I will definitely look into that!
  12. J

I do enjoy playing my vinyl. I do think I am going through a learning curve as I have upgraded my equipment . I'm learning my ear is not as good as I want it to be. So more detail is coming out of recordings, and surface noise ect. I think I expected less as my ststem progressed but the reality...
  13. J

Beautiful set up btw! Looks incredible. I do appreciate your advice. I will work on it!
  14. J

Appreciate the responses and advice. I will work on being more accepting of the inherent noise associated with my analog setup. I may switch back to solid state instead of tube since it appears the 2 I've had have been noisier than the solid.
  15. J

Point taken. 50% on the system is loud but not the "ideal volume" for me to enjoy the system I have put together to the level i would prefer.. However it is reasonable to assume most people would think 50% is plenty loud enough to enjoy and appreciate
  16. J

I kn I know there will be some, I don't perceive what Im hearing as slight enough.. I don't always want to listen at high volumes, but when I do, I would prefer not to hear background hiss(not tape hiss) between tracks or during less dynamic parts of the music
  17. J

Understand... so even if the tt is disconnected, you are saying I should have an audible hiss from 5-7 ft with volume at 50% give or take ...?
  18. J

Thanks for the reply. I have changed the table and added an iso platform. I tested with the tt disconnected from the phono stage as well and the hiss was present.
  19. J

Hiss in my analog system = as I turn the volume up, the hiss increases. I believe I have isolated where I'm picking up the hiss in my system, by disconnecting and reconnecting components. I believe its the phono stage. I have gone through somewhat high end phono stages, currently Vincent pho...
  20. J

PHO 701 with Sumiko Pearl - capacitance setting

I am receiving my Vincent PHO 701 today. I am having a little trouble locating the capacitance load for the Sumiko Pearl that is currently on my RPM 1. I have read, the Pearl likes low capacitance. Should I leave the setting at None, which sets the load at 15? level 1 boosts it to 115. Thanks...
  21. J

Emotiva basx 100 to power channel?

Ok, thanks. Follow up question and maybe I need to go to the emotiva boards. Could I connect single interconnect from center preout to L input and then only connect the L channel to the center? Wouldn't it be the same single received from processor?
  22. J

Emotiva basx 100 to power channel?

Im interested in changing from a av receiver to a processor. I already have a 2 channel power amp that I run my mains through. (Peachtree 220). By switching to the processor I assume i need a monoblock or bridgeable 2 channel amp for the center. What works best with my budget is the emotiva...
  23. J

New vs Old when it comes to speakers?

Thank you! Appreciate it
  24. J

New vs Old when it comes to speakers?

True, I was more curious about performance of old vs new than straight value. I've just never had the opportunity to listen to the matrix 802, I'm somewhat familiar with some of the "mid level" modern day speakers can do.
Back
Top Bottom