Search results

1. J

Phono stage placement

Good evening folks.. I have what I believe to be a stupid question but I’d like some input. I recently purchased a new AV processor, I would like to move all components except for my turntable inside my entertainment center if possible. Currently that would include my power amp and my...
  2. J

If you were going to start over...?

I’ve been thinking about starting over with my system... I’m not necessarily unhappy with my setup but I’m not sure if changing one piece will help get me to where I want my system to be. Let’s say the budget is between 5-6k and you were looking to add 2 main speakers and a processor/preamp/ or...
  3. J

Clearaudio Virtuoso wood mm/ Virtuoso v2 Ebony

Im looking at buying a used Marantz TT-15s1. The one in looking at seems to have the older virtuoso cartridge, not the v2. Curious if anybody has any experience with the 2 different Virtuoso's listed above. I have tried to research the Virtuoso Wood mm, but really the only thing I found was...
  4. J

Hiss through analog set up. Out of ideas...

Hiss in my analog system = as I turn the volume up, the hiss increases. I believe I have isolated where I'm picking up the hiss in my system, by disconnecting and reconnecting components. I believe its the phono stage. I have gone through somewhat high end phono stages, currently Vincent pho...
  5. J

PHO 701 with Sumiko Pearl - capacitance setting

I am receiving my Vincent PHO 701 today. I am having a little trouble locating the capacitance load for the Sumiko Pearl that is currently on my RPM 1. I have read, the Pearl likes low capacitance. Should I leave the setting at None, which sets the load at 15? level 1 boosts it to 115. Thanks...
  6. J

Emotiva basx 100 to power channel?

Im interested in changing from a av receiver to a processor. I already have a 2 channel power amp that I run my mains through. (Peachtree 220). By switching to the processor I assume i need a monoblock or bridgeable 2 channel amp for the center. What works best with my budget is the emotiva...
  7. J

New vs Old when it comes to speakers?

I recently came across a set of B&W Matrix 802 for sale at a very reasonable price. I have never had the opportunity to hear them, but I know they were near top of the line at the time they came out. My question would be, would you be better off purchasing am older top of the line speaker such...
Back
Top Bottom