Search results

1. tom67

Some science to consider

that's interesting from a different perspective: Earth rotation. in theory the equator goes way faster than, lets say, Alaska. the 'speed' DIFFERENCE can be 600mph between countries, even within America. think about it. do you feel a speed difference between 30mph and 100mph when driving a car?
  2. tom67

Why the hell won’t they give us meters?

Everyone likes meters. No McIntosh owner would be happy without those blue meters Yamaha requires about $3000 for an amplifier with meters.Back in the late 70s. I had a pioneer SX 780. It had 3 meters,one of which was a center channel tuning meter that receiver cost about $200. I am attaching a...
  3. tom67

Interesting Forte type speakers

Robinson has been around for years as a reviewer. These 80 LB speakers are $499 each. Interesting that Klipsch is actually involved in the US distribution since they compete with the $5,000 Forte model.........
  4. tom67

Interesting Forte type speakers

Robinson has been around for years as a reviewer. These 80 LB speakers are $499 each. Interesting that Klipsch is actually involved in the US distribution since they compete with the $5,000 Forte model.........
  5. tom67

Room size, unfortunately the least controllable factor

https://audiophilereview.com/room-acoustics/ideal-room-size-dimensions-and-ratios-for-audiophile-listening/
  6. tom67

Pretty sad for Revel speakers

If this is half true it’s pretty sad how little you are getting for $4000.
  7. tom67

Hybrid opinions appreciated

At age 73 I am fairly well acquainted with most things audio_One the exceptions is the new hybrid amps. I was interested in a first taste of the tube sound. This Vincent unit caught my eye. They have a track record vs the swarm of no name Asian models. Even if this not the best bang for the...
  8. tom67

Best Inexpensive turntable?

This one is popping up all over Facebook https://www.thewhitegoodss.com/Signature-12-%7C-Audiophile-Turntable-p9462696.html
  9. tom67

Did Major companies Skip a model year?

For example Yamaha Went from model 1060 to model 1070 then model 1080.Usually they come out with their models in may. This year there was no 1090. I'm wondering if they skipped the model year due to covid?
  10. tom67

Why not car audio converted for home use?

I am among those here recently interested in the small class D amps that have proliferated on the internet. It's become sort of a side hobby for many. I can't help but notice the screaming bargains in car audio. My guess is that since most newer cars have built in LCD screens, owners are not...
  11. tom67

Norh....the forgotten speaker

Years ago they were the the subject of heated debate on the forums. They largely disappeared, but I see they are still there. The prices look surprisingly low considering the materials and name brand drivers....just wonder how good they are? http://www.norh.com/Norh_Loudspeakers/Products.html
  12. tom67

Crutchfield allows you to test speakers on line

Interesting experiment and they intend to spend some time and money to prefect. If you don't have headphones on their list, they will send you a test kit. I chose to use Apple ear buds and chose the Audio Technica 40s on their list which sound pretty realistic. It's a guess and you can...
  13. tom67

What is your source history?....just Curious...

Will be interesting now that I recognize some of your names. Feel free to be brief and just list present....mine is: 1970-1978….70% vinyl and 30% FM 1978-1988….60% Vinyl, 30% Cassette and 10% FM 1988-2005 almost 100% CD Present ….60% Streaming, 20% CD and 20% Vinyl again (just in last year)
  14. tom67

Making a speaker

Mainly surprised at how much hand labor involved. I would think it would be largely robotic by now. Surprised the drivers don't cost more in many cases.....
  15. tom67

British Audiophillia 1959

Interesting old film showing audio back then......https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/852128571120381954
  16. tom67

Why no LED lights on cartridge stylus?

New bright micro led lights are everywhere, including $5 greeting cards. Would be visually pleasing to have bright lights trained on needle to watch it trace the grooves. Would also be practical to enable you to see fuzz build up on stylus. Could be mounted on either head shell or cartridge...
  17. tom67

Cheap Turntables...

I recently got back into vinyl. The next step is looking at used records. It becomes obvious that most were ravaged and played on horrible equipment and not maintained. Its obvious that even the cheap turntables shown here would be better than 98% of the ones in use during the Golden Age of...
  18. tom67

Good Nostalgia

I have a couple of decent systems....(Paradigm, B & W with pre-pros)....bought this as a nostalgia piece for my office as I haven't played vinyl in 35 years. Dug out old stacked records from hot Florida garage that were stacked in piles (not good). But they are all fine. The speakers are Klipsch...
Back
Top Bottom