Search results

1. RobinTW

Opened up a never been serviced Kenwood KA-6000 today :)

60W. Still don't know why it is only dimmed a little as you can see in the picture.
  2. RobinTW

Opened up a never been serviced Kenwood KA-6000 today :)

I got this very beautiful amp about two years ago, but never tried it. Finally, I decided to give it a go today. Hooked it up to a DBT, I saw the light bulb dimmed a little and got sound out from L only. Then I opened it up to clean the switches and realized that it had never been serviced...
  3. RobinTW

Trio KA-6000 Large Cap Size?

Yes, you are right. My bad.
  4. RobinTW

My Sony TA-1120F starts acting up...

Sorry to reply so late. I have not been active in the forum for quite a while. Just E-caps. Those film caps are considered excellent for sound quality.
  5. RobinTW

Noisy Right Channel, My AU-777

After switches are de-oxed, the right channel is still noisy. I also notice the volume of the right channel is lower than the left (signal fed to the main input). I have replaced TR801-804 with new trannies already. Any idea? Thanks.
  6. RobinTW

Noisy Right Channel, My AU-777

I recapped all e caps after I bought it a little more than three years ago. All trannies are original. It is working fine and I have had it in rotation with other 4 amps. However, the right channel is getting noisier with sounds like rains even without signal inputs. It's not loud, but I can...
  7. RobinTW

KA-6004 re-cap Q...

I think it's C303+C306. They are two discrete caps in mine. The stock C306 is the ELNA 50V/50uF shown. I replaced it with a 100V/100uF cap.
  8. RobinTW

My first Kenny restoration (KA-6000)

I just won my second set of KA-6000 via auction. I had been searching for it after the first set was sold due to cosmetic issues. Finally, I have another one coming. :rflmao:
  9. RobinTW

My first Kenny restoration (KA-6000)

Just wonder if this LED fits without machining the front panel?
  10. RobinTW

SONY TA1120 odd value resistors need to be replaced

TA-1120 has tons of carbon comp resistors, but I decided to keep them. They look antique, don't they? :p
  11. RobinTW

SONY TA1120 odd value resistors need to be replaced

I made a part list for TA-1120 e-caps and resistors when recapping my amp. At some point I wanted to replace all the carbon composite resistors, but later gave up. So I don't remember if the resistor list includes all or just for carbon composite ones. Hope the list helps.
  12. RobinTW

AU-777 MAIN-AMP SECTION OUTPUT ADJUSTMENT

I am not saying you are wrong, but it may be hard to make TR806's base and collector voltages to the numbers at the same time. Then what voltages will you use? It may be easier to adjust VR802 (VR801) and make the output coupling cap C826 (C825) + voltage to 38V if your rail voltage Vrail=68V...
  13. RobinTW

AU-777 MAIN-AMP SECTION OUTPUT ADJUSTMENT

AU-777's output is Totem-Pole design which is different from quasi-complementary output. Therefore, it's not 1/2 of the rail voltage at the output. It is also shown in the schematics. I also addressed this in an old post. Just FYI...
  14. RobinTW

National Panasonic (Technics) SU-50A - protection circuit

I have a few amps in rotation and currently my SU-50A is taking the spot. During recapping of the SU-50A, I came across a Japanese web site describing a restoration process of an SU-50A. In the web site, you may find the circuit diagram of the protection circuit. I also made a translation...
  15. RobinTW

piCorePlayer & LMS on an RPi B+

@cpt_paranoia I am also getting myself a pCP system. Are you running pCP player and LMS on one RPi? From what I have been reading online, it's best to separate LMS and player.
  16. RobinTW

KA-8004 Problem

I have a KA-6004, the little brother of KA-8004. From my experience, you may want to double check the speaker selector. The speaker selector has been giving me headaches. I have de-oxed it many times, but after a while it would cause sound drop out, sometimes one channel, sometimes both. I...
  17. RobinTW

Sansui AU777a vs Non A

They have the same power output, 25Wx2 for both channel driven. Since their rail voltages are very close, 70V (777A) and 68V (777), they should have very close, if not equal, power outputs. Pictures taken from their manuals.
  18. RobinTW

Sansui AU-777 Bias problem

I don't know what these readings are. These are resistors and their measurements should be in Ohms. What are you trying to get from these readings? Since the amp sings without problem, I think all transistors are working. You need to find what's causing the high bias on the Left channel. I...
  19. RobinTW

More gain in bass/ treble curcuit?

Loudness button?
  20. RobinTW

Sansui AU-777 Bias problem

Deox may not save those VR's. They need replacements after 50+ years.
  21. RobinTW

Need someone familiar with late 70s to early 80s Russian components!

You can always scan the docs and then use OCR to make text files. And then use google translation. I did that before for a Japanese service manual.
  22. RobinTW

Jvc VN 900 service manual

I have a Victor JA-S9, the Japanese domestic model of JVC VN-900, and I love it. I have looked for the service manual for quite a while but failed. Luckily you may use JVC VN 700's service manual as a reference. They are brothers and very similar. It may look basic, but in fact it was TOTL...
  23. RobinTW

Kenwood KA-6004 relay issue

@burnoil Have you checked the bias and DC offset?
  24. RobinTW

Sony TA-1120 vs 1130

Yes.
Back
Top Bottom