5. Deonild

What is your occupation?

Cloud infrastructure automation engineer/architect
  6. Deonild

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic on JBL L60T's
  7. Deonild

New Marantz Day

Great receiver! I grew up with my Dad's Marantz receiver just like that one (not 100% sure of model) and Marantz speakers (big floorstanders). I had it for myself in college but he sold it afterwards. Wish I told him to keep it. My whole audio quest the last couple years has been to get back...
  8. Deonild

Sanity System

That looks great, the components mixed in with books!
  9. Deonild

Budget Frankensystems - How Do You Stretch a Dollar?

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable $400 new from local shop (after trying a free turntable that wasn't keeping steady rpm) Raspberry Pi with PiFi DAC for digital albums $85 new Harman Kardon Citation Eleven preamp $300 used from local shop with warranty Adcom GFA 5400 power amp 125wpc $160 used...
  10. Deonild

Do you sing along when listening to tunes?

Rarely sing along, but once a favorite comes on and I start singing along, I find myself singing to all the other songs I play that day!
  11. Deonild

Average Price Of Interconnects In Your Main System

I had an old rca cable which worked fine, but I wanted to get a newer cable just in case. Went to Best Buy and got a RocketFish rca cable. Swapped it out and immediately had worse sound, less bass. Returned the Rocketfish cables, did some more research and now have a few decent RCA cables...
  12. Deonild

New Member from Chicago

kryten79, This week I got tired of having to get up to adjust the volume frequently, and got a Raspberry Pi with a DAC+ RCA attachment, and plugging in a USB with FLAC albums into this. Controling it to change songs/volume from my phone and computer. There's some options for on-board DAC's...
  13. Deonild

New Member from Chicago

Thanks all! Having fun seeing everyone's listening spaces on here, and enjoying mine!
  14. Deonild

Pics of your listening space

Grew up with my Dad's Marantz system. Have been trying to get myself something as good as that was. Piece by piece I think I'm pretty much there (of course some room for experimenting with other equipment!) ProJect Debut Carbon turntable and Musical Fidelity M1 LPS phono preamp (not seen in...
  15. HK_Adcom_JBL

HK_Adcom_JBL

Harman Kardon Citation 11, Adcom 5400, JBL L60T
  16. Deonild

New Member from Chicago

Hey All, Glad I found this forum, lots of good info and people! I'm a younger, budding vintage audio enthusiast. Grew up with my Dad's 4 foot tall Marantz speakers and receiver. I took that system while I was in college, yet he sold it 5 years ago. Since then have had a cheap Sony bookshelf...
Back
Top Bottom