Search results

1. 89rpm

WOOD PLINTH / CASES - Original or Custom-made?

its my dream to make a plinth for something like that, a YP-211 or an SP10. I mean where the wood is the body itself (no metal frame platter) that would be a challenge on how to put the motor inside a solid wood. No problem with the tonearm not much moving parts, i'll just carve the base that's...
  2. 89rpm

What TT's do you folks have

Thorens TD124
  3. 89rpm

What is the best all around Vintage Turntable?

my second favorite, a Thorens TD124 with SME 3009, on my custom-made solid wood plinth
  4. 89rpm

New Marantz Day

its easy actually, especially there where woodworkers have complete tools. just look for a nice woodgrain. you'd be surprised how easy it is. all it needs is TLC and tools :)
  5. 89rpm

New Marantz Day

6. 89rpm

New Marantz Day

thanks Promitheas :)
  7. 89rpm

Post a picture of your turntable

yup. difficult to find big chunk of old wood like that. sometimes, when strong typhoon hits our tropical forest. may trees were downed. but drying takes time. my quest for perfect wood continues
  8. 89rpm

WOOD PLINTH / CASES - Original or Custom-made?

Thanks Dave. that is one fine wood but difficult to find. im still in search for another one :)
  9. 89rpm

Thanks turntable addict :)
  10. 89rpm

my TD124 with sme 3009, playing one of my favorite classic
  11. 89rpm

New Marantz Day

my apologies too . . . sorry :(
  12. 89rpm

13. 89rpm

New Marantz Day

Thanks. will check on it :)
  14. 89rpm

please do. you'll enjoy it. the solid wood would take a little more time. why not try with the wrap-around plinth first? but i wont cut the old table yet, there are many scrap to practice the wood joint, curves, actual fitting :) here's some box type. the turntable were just placed on top. plug...
  15. 89rpm

thanks. i love wood . . . and music :)
  16. 89rpm

my favorite is the Garrard 301. I like the stereo sound using Shure V15 type III cart on an SME3009. I have to put a mono cart at the back to use the extra space and it sounds really good. I did the plinth myself and am happy with the result. its a weekend hobby. it runs on a marantz 2325...
  17. 89rpm

My favorite: Garrard 301 Grease-bearing with Two SME3009 tonearms. One is with a Shure V15 type III and the other is with Audio Technica Mono Cart. I made the plinth myself. its a weekend hobby. that piece was about to become a firewood. i had a glimpse of it while driving in the countryside and...
  18. 89rpm

New Marantz Day

i wanted to but it depends on availability of wood. i will also check how to ship and if no problem with quarantine in your country. i'm from The Philippines. Will get back to you :)
  19. 89rpm

New Marantz Day

I also find MDF veneer coated receiver cases beautiful but they are too perfect for me. By using real natural wood, you can even smell it. Some even have their own stories, where they were found. how many years (depending on the wood grains and lines) and most specially, you can feel it. the...
  20. 89rpm

New Marantz Day

ha ha, i think so too. I use Acacia, Narra and other heat resistant wood. depending on the availability of wood. I just make sure they are thoroughly time-dried. it is illegal to cut trees so i just wait for trees downed by typhoon or naturally disposed
  21. 89rpm

What is the best all around Vintage Turntable?

Thanks, im waiting for the Lenco 88 and will try to have an apple to apple test :)
  22. 89rpm

New Marantz Day

Thanks. We need to beautify these classic Marantz :) Stand as for speakers to match :)
  23. 89rpm

we can do those stands here. i'll check how the shipping works or if they allow wood. I'll open...

we can do those stands here. i'll check how the shipping works or if they allow wood. I'll open a photobucket to link the pictures. thanks
  24. 89rpm

i made a Kenrick design stand many times. its actually easy to make those as long as you have...

i made a Kenrick design stand many times. its actually easy to make those as long as you have the wood. im trying to send pics byt am still learning. pls check this link in audiokarma. i did those speaker stand...
Back
Top Bottom