Search results

1. 93SCMax

KT 5700 Newbie needs help with noisy phono channel, general cleaning and Resto.

Just a hint, check what model you need help on. You have a KA5700 not a KA5500, and a KT5500 not a KT5700. Service manuals are different.
  2. 93SCMax

Kenwood KX-50 deck service manual and schematic

...accidental post...sorry
  3. 93SCMax

'Mend my CD player' threads

I always thought DIY was for those who wanted to repair components themselves and were seeking help. Also, Dr. Audio has a great thread on repairing CD players in the DIY forum, and has been a fantastic source of knowledge. He's the go to guy for novices. I guess you go to the forum you feel you...
  4. 93SCMax

Flat ribbon cable help

No experience with Denon. If it's like one of the Onkyo units I've toyed with, I believe the blue plastic piece is like a wedge to hold the ribbon in place. On mine, the blue plastic is not attached to the ribbon. Maybe try to grab the blue plastic with some small pliers? If they are separate...
  5. 93SCMax

what is the attraction in being deliberately offensive online?

Definition of offensive is pretty wide, depending on the context: https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/offensive And the opposite of offensive: https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-opposite-of/offensive.html
  6. 93SCMax

AK 21st Anniversary Raffle

Oct 24, 2017
  7. 93SCMax

can i trim this much?

The answer is yes. With a pole clip (or hand snips and ladder), start at the top and clip the longer limbs back to a secondary branch w/leaves. Work your way down the tree to shape. Don't take too much, you can always repeat this process and reduce more...you can never put limbs back on. As...
  8. 93SCMax

Kenwood KX-1030 Belt Replacement

I bought mine here a few years back. Great seller, good product. https://www.vintage-electronics.net/kenwood-kx-1030-belt-kit.aspx
  9. 93SCMax

This Walkway

Do you think they will get rusty...I hate a rusty walkway.
  10. 93SCMax

Chainsaw dilemma

Older Stihl's are overpriced on CL. If you can get $350 for it and upgrade to a newer Echo for less, do it.
  11. 93SCMax

Chainsaw dilemma

New is good. Echo makes good saws (I still run a 43 yo CS-302), except with a lot more plastic. Continuing to maintain/repair old saws can be a pain, unless you enjoy that work. You like saws, I get it. Buy the newer Echo.
  12. 93SCMax

Don't you just love it when you know more than your tree guy?

Sorry you hired an unskilled tree butcher and not a tree expert. A lot of people make that mistake...one time. It's pretty hard to repair the healthy tree, unless you have 30-40 years.
  13. 93SCMax

Kenwood KT-5550 (or KT-5500) Service manual

I have a copy but it is too large (>9.7Mb) to share here. I sent a copy to the mods of the AK database so after review, they should post it under Digital Docs. Good luck.
  14. 93SCMax

RIP David Lindley

He was a great sideman with JB, but I also love El Rayo X. Will be listening tonight.
  15. 93SCMax

Train derailment on Ohio, toxic spill.

They are downplaying the potential consequences of the contamination. The Governor of Ohio is recommending the residents drink only bottled water and the air quality is good even with the fires (ie. all is well). I don't even know if the rail company has spent any time on TV explaining what was...
  16. 93SCMax

Snoring wife...help!!!

I agree with the mouth guard from a dentist recommendation. Can reduce/eliminate snoring, and also protects your teeth if you are a grinder. For blissful sleep, it's worth looking into.
  17. 93SCMax

SHOW US YOUR MINIBIKE

Started with a mini bike, then moved on to a Honda Z50 , then a Honda CRT70 and eventually a Yamaha 125. Still remember my first crash on a friend's mini bike w/o brakes...still have the scars on my hand. Wore a helmet every time after that. No pictures since we were too poor to have a camera...
  18. 93SCMax

Marshall Tucker has died

Ironic that at 99 Y/O, he outlived three of the key original band members, the Caldwell brothers and George McCorkle. I guess he's headed to that "Blue Ridge Mountain Sky". I'll have to go spin a few of their early albums.
  19. 93SCMax

Get Your Water from a Well ?

No well at my house except this...
  20. 93SCMax

Kenwood KA 5500 vs KA 7100

A silver faced Kenny with meters is the way to go. 55 watts vs 60 watts...I'd give up 5 watts for the meters.
  21. 93SCMax

Kenwood KX-1030 rewind button problems

Congratulations on your new Kenwood tape deck. I would highly recommend you replace the square belt and the two counter belts with new belts, plus clean all rollers and gears involved with these belts. Also, you may be interested in the following thread. If you start having static in your...
  22. 93SCMax

December 7 Remembrance Day

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant".
  23. 93SCMax

Found This In My Garage...Really!

My best friend had a lime green one like that. Lots of fun taking it out on Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park in the fall. Fun and unique car, your boy is gonna enjoy it.
  24. 93SCMax

I found my remote

I try to have multiples of the same brand just in case one malfunctions or gets lost. Glad to see you have a multiple...
  25. 93SCMax

Am I getting old or is getting louder in the world?

In America, I guess it depends on which state you live in. There are lots of states you can live in the middle of nowhere, and I believe people smoke reefer in all states (some more legal than others). Noise pollution has gotten worse and a lot of folks don't care if they are contributing to...
Back
Top Bottom