Search results

1. brecker

Setton BS 5500

About Setton... In the mid 70's, in France, a team was formed around the leadership of Jack Setton, Harold Weinberg, Bernard Bertuol and Toshiro Yasamura. Gradually, the team grew as one after another, their different projects took shape. The contribution of their Japanese technicians was...
  2. brecker

R2R...those of you who use them, do you use a lot of pre-recorded tapes?

I’m only about a year in to using R2R a currently have an Akai Gx 270D, Pioneer 1020L and an Otari 5050. The first two are 4 track rigs that play 3.75 & 7.5 IPS... the Otari plays both 2 and 4 track but records only 2 track but plays 3.75, 7.5 & 15IPS. Impressed with how they sound and look.
  3. brecker

Trying to decide on a stereo system. Need Help!

I'd be interested in the Pioneer VSX-D1S Audio/Video Stereo Receiver...if you're looking to sell it.
  4. brecker

Speaker upgrade

He probably would...I'm a repeat customer...probably negotiate the price as well. His stuff is always serviced and extremely clean.
  5. brecker

Speaker upgrade

Anyone familiar with these...my local vintage shop is selling them: Siefert Research Maxim III-H (hybrid) (1987) $500 (rare, mint)
  6. brecker

Speaker upgrade

My local vintage shop where I bought my Kenny system has a pair....ADS L710 (newest version, 1980) $500 one owner, pristine. for sale. Thoughts?
  7. brecker

Speaker upgrade

https://greenville.craigslist.org/ele/d/spartanburg-new-klipsch-reference-620f/6767891468.html https://greenville.craigslist.org/ele/d/spartanburg-new-klipsch-reference-51m/6767912342.html
  8. brecker

Speaker upgrade

I like the idea of switching between artists/genre's...I'll try to audition the Dynaco's with Franky and Dean. Thanks.
  9. brecker

Speaker upgrade

$500-$600...I'm in Greenville SC...between Atlanta and Charlotte. But if a little more $ gets me sonically a lot better speaker...I could consider that too.
  10. brecker

Speaker upgrade

$500-$600...I'm in Greenville SC...between Atlanta and Charlotte.
  11. brecker

Speaker upgrade

Currently my receiver is Kenwood KR-7050 and my speakers are KW KL-777A. Thinking of an upgrade to my speakers and I listen to everything from Sinatra to the Rolling Stones. Music room is approx 12X14 with 9ft ceiling...looking for something a step or two up from my current speakers.
  12. brecker

Tried the Radio shack dac..

George-are you still using the NAD-DAC 1 wireless? I was thinking of getting one and just wondered if you upgraded or still found it worthy? With my hearing loss not sure anything more hi tech would be of any value any way. Thanks.
  13. brecker

Your thoughts of the best of my cd players and why

Of these units...which ones do you feel have the best DAC?
  14. brecker

R2R recording

I heard you should record your albums on the first or second pass to preserve the integrity.
  15. brecker

R2R recording

Does anyone make a copy of a pre-recorded tape done at 3 1/2 IPS and record it at 7 1/2 IPS? Part of the thought process is to preserve the older tapes as well.
  16. brecker

R2R recording

When recording on your deck...what source do you prefer - SACD/CD; Album or other digital source-FLAC/ALAC?
  17. brecker

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I hear you...got a Pioneer RT-1020L coming soon...will have to lighten the load here to make room.
  18. brecker

At 7 1/2 IPS...it sounds phenomenal.
  19. brecker

Akai GX 270D to be exact....also not pictured is the little brother 1722.
  20. brecker

Auto reverse issue

My Akai Gx 270D only plays on one channel when the tape reverses...and it switches channels or goes out altogether. Any ideas?
  21. brecker

Revox B-77 or Akai 635D...price is virtually the same.

Thus making it even harder...the Akai attracts me...mainly because of the nearly indestructible heads...the Revox because it's local, it includes 10" metal reels; Pioneer because of price and metal reels included. Hmmm!!
  22. brecker

Revox B-77 or Akai 635D...price is virtually the same.

Revox can be demo...not AKAI...it’s a shipped item. Now I have an offer for half the price of either the Revox or Akai...for a pioneer RT-1020L...with two 10” reels and hubs email below: Counter belt replaced. All electronics were checked and adjusted to be within spec. Electrolitic caps...
Back
Top Bottom