Search results

1. D

Martin Signature One Speakers

They were made by the Martin company that is famous for guitar amps and speakers used by places like Carnegie Hall. The Rock groups Yes, Eagles, and The Who among other 70’s groups used their larger brothers. I just wasn’t aware that they made home speakers and especially small, bookshelf sized...
  2. D

Martin Signature One Speakers

Does anyone have any experience with Martin Signature One bookshelf speakers from the early 70’s? Picked up a pair for $20 today but can’t find anything on them?
  3. D

Pioneer DSS-90?

I didn't think so either. But here a picture of the model number on the back. And I can't find them even mentioned anywhere. Totally confusing. Maybe that's a model DSS-9D? Looks like a 0 but I am old
  4. D

Pioneer DSS-90?

Has anyone heard of a Pioneer DSS-90 300 Watt speaker? Someone offered me a pair, but I'm nowhere near an expert on speakers. And searching the internet find absolutely no information on these speakers. Not even a question or past sale on EBay. I know a lot of Pioneer Speakers were ok at...
  5. D

Akai AS980 Quad Akai

I went ahead and posted it for sale. Sold in less than 6 hours for $400. Maybe I priced it too cheap? Had about a dozen calls after I sold it. I had $35 in it. And I still have a very nice Vintage Kenwood KL-5090 speakers that i got in the deal that didn't even need re-foaming. So it...
  6. D

Kenwood KR-9600 TA-200W

Oh, by the way if you're serious, let me know. Wasn't my intent and hope that this doesn't violate any rules. If not does met me know and I'll delete. New to AK
  7. D

Kenwood KR-9600 TA-200W

I just figure with my luck, it will die. I need around with this stuff to keep busy. My wife and doctor says it's good for me. I have terminal cancer and for a ling time i sat around and threw a pity party. Now I'm fine them, fix them and sell them. Sometimes I even give them away. I don't...
  8. D

Kenwood KR-9600 TA-200W

This post has me concerned. I just purchased a Kenwood KR9600. It's in great shape with only one burned out bulb in a VU Meter and sounds perfect. However it is 40 years old. I bought it from the original owner and only paid $100. I don't think he used it too much, he was over 80 and living...
  9. D

Akai AS980 Quad Akai

Thanks. This is starting me to thinking maybe This is best to find rhis one a new home. Just don't think the potential problems and costs of buying new records or reels is worth it since I'd be starring from scratch. It a a beautiful receiver but maybe best left to someone who would already...
  10. D

Akai AS980 Quad Akai

I took in for trade an Akai AS-980 Quadraphonic Stereo and know absolutely nothing about quad receivers. I traded him a decent Pioneer SX580 which was in excellent shape but I didn't have much in it. The Pioneer had been totally rebuilt and I picked it up at the previous owners estate sale...
  11. D

Realistic Mach Two's

Sounds like I'll pass on them. Especially since they are a 2-1/2 hour drive each way. That's another at least $50 in gas. Guess I'll look for something else.
  12. D

Realistic Mach Two's

Thanks. Ah, Valerie Bertinelli, still hot as crap today. The good girl next door you wanted to turn bad, lol. And i would love to have a 79 T/A, faults and all.. Heck, i would even put an 8 track in one. On my bucket list but it seems that it gets longer the shorter time I have. Hard to...
  13. D

Realistic Mach Two's

Like What? Are my B&O redlines better? And if so, why? Are the Bose 301, 501 and 601's better? I can find those in my price range. 901's i would love to have (every teenage boy in the 70's dreamt of them along with Farrah Fawcet and a black Trans Am) but I can't find them jn my price...
  14. D

Realistic Mach Two's

Yeah. The foam is real good. And their isnt any cracks or xhioa anywhere. The speakers look really good considering they're 80 vintage. They are bigger than unusually in use and kindofnwinder if the two is justified. Read a lot on here from people saying how much better they are than...
  15. D

Realistic Mach Two's

I've come across a pair of Realistic Mach 2 speakers for sale. I'm new to the forum and dontnknownjack about sowakerz. In TT years I've bought a few and based solely on what I've heard their reputation was. Don't know if I'd known the difference. Anyway the e were offered firn$75 in pretty...
  16. D

Bose or B&O ??

I was worried about the B&O's but these have the standard spring loaded speaker connections that take standard wire as well. The Wharfedale a have never been touched. Rheir dirty but haven't heard them. Figure rhey will need new surrounds. Never done it but doesn't seem like something...
  17. D

Bose or B&O ??

If you could look for any brand/model that should be in that price range what would it be?I know that almost every mfg had some models that were good and some which people say are junk (JBL, KENWOOD, JVC). And some brands even I know are junk (soubdesign and audiovox anyone, when rhey sold them...
  18. D

Bose or B&O ??

Classic rock is it. Best band ever, the Eagles, then Journey, Boston, 38 Special, Bob Seger. That's real.kusic and those were the days.
  19. D

Bose or B&O ??

Well, right now i have nothing. Would be nice to at least use my system. So I'll pick something up. I don't expect or need 1000 speakers. My good years were spent a lot of time with enough noise rhat my hearing isn't perfect. Those just seemed the best I could find at the moment for the...
  20. D

JVC QL-F4 problem

Yep. And when they clean our they do have a lot. I've probably made $500 in the past month alone. Started the month with putting $40 in and bought 30 pieces of mostly 70s to 99s stuff, Bose, KENWOOD, Yamaha, JVC. Managed to keep busy. One of the benefits of being retired have plenty of time
  21. D

JVC QL-F4 problem

I'm in Punta Gorda, Florida. Capital of all estate sales, thrift store finds, etc, lol. Seriously, you'd be surprised at some of the stuff I've found since I moved here couple months agj
  22. D

JVC QL-F4 problem

I'm new to the forum and hope someone can give me some insight. I'm new to this bug that has snuck in. Being pretty much housebound due to terminal cancer I started trying to buy my 80s dream system, a JVC aluminum face stereo. My college too late had one in 79 and i drooled iver it. The...
  23. D

Bose or B&O ??

I left out that the guy is throwing jn 2 Bose 201s with rhe Wharfedales that are in great shape. Had some 201s back in the day and thought they sounded good, but what does a teenager know in the 70s. I'm worried that the Wharfedales might need work and I can't do it. It's an hour and a half...
  24. D

Bose or B&O ??

New to the forum and just gotten bitten by the bug. Picked up some vintage JVC at the local Goodwill for 99 cents each. JA-S77 AMP. JT-V77 TUNER, QL-F4 TT, K-85 tape deck. Now I need speakers. I now diddly squat about speakers. Just remember in high school Bose 901 were the must have...
  25. D

Help with vintage JVC equipment.

Thanks for the help. The stylus and cartridge are brand new. They were attached in a plastic bag and I put them in. Same model number as whats on there. I'll ask in the the table forum.
Back
Top Bottom