Search results

1. P

The best tuner ever

Yes, it's just my personal opinion taken among my current 14 tuners. Nevertheless the couple of Sansui we mentioned before, is widely rated among tuner-addicted people as some of the top sounding machines ever made. And not just by FmTunerInfo. On the web you can read a small majority of...
  2. P

How many Watts are your main amps?

I'm using Pioneer C90a/M90 with AR10pi (4 ohm): so 250 watts.
  3. P

The best tuner ever

I didn't go through the entire thread, but I am so surprise to see the lack of evidence about the magic couple of Sansui TU 9900 and TU 919. I am fortunate to have both of them: marvelous ones!!!
  4. P

Your favourite Pioneer Tuner

Definitively F28 (1978) very elegant style and warm&clean sound, and my second is F93 (1991) very precise, sensitive with superb bass.
  5. P

Show Me Your Sansui!

I have very well known pieces: TU 9900 (voice like silk) TU 7900 (the first in my life) TU 919 (coming soon; I will be able to compare it vs TU 9900 after years) AU D9 (delicate) AU X911DG (clan, powerful and fast).
  6. P

What's Pioneer in your rig?

Let me give a look: Tuners: TX 608 TX 8500ii F 93 F 28 Ampli: C 90a (pre) M 90 (power) A 27 That's it.
  7. P

Top 15 Kenwood tuners ?

I have a KT1000; apparently it has not many supporters, probably for its boring tuning mechanism. But the sound seems to be very good. Any general comment about it?
  8. P

Sansui AU X911DG Selector Switch

Source Direct bypasses Muting, Balance and Subsonic. Tone and Loudness still work. Do you get any sonic difference? I think to taste some more clarity.
  9. P

Welcome to the Solid State Forum!

Thanks, Mr. Wally. My ears are becoming more and more compliant with A27... Clearly it has to be very hot to perform according its reputation. And that takes hours. Do you agree?
  10. P

Pioneer M-90 Power Amp

Very good Combo. I have C90a (1989) and a M90 (1988) driving a couple of fabulous AR10pi (1977). My favourite system. Clean, open, fast, deep and really powerful.
  11. P

Welcome to the Solid State Forum!

Hi Folks. I am new in the Forum, but not in the HiFi vintage world. I am from Milan, Italy and I am an happily retired old man. So a lot of time di devote to one passion of mine. My last toy is a class AB ampli Pioneer A27. I had a lot expectations about it, but, at the moment is not making me...
  12. P

is the Denon Tu-800 a super tuner ?

FMTunerinfo did not mention the really out of class Pioneer F26 and F28 and even the superb Sansui TU9900 is not in the list. So don't worry about your very capable Denon..
  13. P

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Listening to my favorite FM station LifeGate 105.1 near Milan, Italy. My wonderful Accuphase T107b is litterally singing. Nice, very nice.
Back
Top Bottom