Search results

1. X

Source for Marantz ZK08BW0010 remote control?

Thanks for your reply and help. I will check the ebay listing.
  2. X

Source for Marantz ZK08BW0010 remote control?

Marantz customer service says "no longer available". remotes.com - unavailable. The big auction site : useless. This remote is specific to my Marantz ZR6001 AVR and it needs the remote to be configured and operate. I m grateful for any suggestions. Cheers
  3. X

Home again

Thanks again, to the kind, patient people who helped me get here :thmbsp:
  4. X

DIY remote volume for vintage

Simple is Better :yes:
  5. X

Corner Clamps

Get the dust out I often attach a flexible vac hose to a router when cutting slots or mortices or circular cutouts. It doesn't have to be an elaborate setup,I just put the hose close to the bit and make sure it is secure. I have used duct tape, bungee cords and or self tapping screws. If...
  6. X

Corner Clamps

Woodworking Safety A few thoughts. Before any operation take a moment to think what can go wrong and if it does WHERE WILL MY HANDS BE! . If a procedure doesn't feel right DON'T DO IT. Think of another way. Most injuries occur because of kickback.Work to avoid it. You are more likely to get...
  7. X

Musings of a Pig. has AK Gotten to Big or Are We To Stagnent In Our Thinking

I Like This Place I may be called a lurker because I rarely have anything to add, because other posters usually know more than I do. I always learn something when I visit. Keep up the good work.:thmbsp:
  8. X

Newbie in need of help, DTV noise & terrible audio

I am not an expert but I suggest you turn off the TV speakers when listening through the other equipment. I sometimes listen to the internal speakers on my HDTV (news ETC.). If I turn on the audio system with TV speakers still on I get what sounds like echo or delay also. I hope this helps...
  9. X

Buyer's Guide?

I wonder whatever happened to Lirpa Labs when "Audio" left the scene? I also miss Edward Tatnall Canby's monthly column about the Real vintage stuff. Cheers:scratch2:
  10. X

Tweeter substitution

Oops! Tinkerbelle: Please accept my apology for a foolish assumption and my thanks again for the response. Thomas:stupid:
  11. X

Tweeter substitution

Thanks for the response gents. Tweeter A is listed as 6 ohm, B is 8 ohm. Cheers, Thomas
  12. X

Tweeter substitution

If 2 tweeters have almost identical Fs and Efficiency how significant is a DCR of 5.2 vs 5.6? What changes if any to crossover are necessary? If no changes are made is there any change to x/o frequency etc. Thanks in advance for an answer to what may be a dumb question.:D Cheers, Thomas
  13. X

refoam resurround youtube video

Thanks :thmbsp: A picture is worth a thousand words. Cheers, Thomas
  14. X

Great Sounding No Frills?

I have been using a Marantz ZR6001 for almost a year in my HT. No problems. I use 5.1 but it will do 7.1. Easy setup for multichannel and Pure Direct(bypasses processing and tone controls) for stereo music.BTW this is a real bargain; $200 to$300 new. I paid 3 in a big box store;:smoke: but I...
  15. X

Infinity Modulus = Magic

Scuffs I would suggest the finest (least aggressive) polishing compound first. Something like automotive swirl remover or even Simichrome. Try an inconspicuous spot first. You can always use a more aggressive product if the more gentle doesn't work. I would NOT use anything but elbow grease...
  16. X

RS 2.5 Internal Bracing and Dampening

Great idea to use dowel screws to adjust tension! I learn something every time I visit. Cheers, Thomas:scratch2::thmbsp:
  17. X

What's your username mean?

XYLO-of or pertaining to wood. PILOT v. to steer or conduct . Cheers, Thomas
  18. X

Tweaks that actually worked? Please tell

Arkays points are well taken and well put.:thmbsp: A completely unscientific tweak I have used is to add weight. Many times speakers sound better with weight added on top.10 bricks may have a low WAF though. Several times in non scientific tests with self-described non critical listeners I have...
  19. X

What's your username mean?

I make my living as a woodworker, if I won the lottery I would still be a woodworker(but I would only do the jobs I chose to do). Hence: Xylopilot. But do I steer the work, or does the work steer me? Cheers, Thomas :scratch2:
  20. X

Replacement Rubber Surrounds

I have 2 pairs of Yamaha drivers with what appear to be rubber surrounds. I am looking for some guidance in replacing the deteriorated surrounds. I have found sources for generic foam surrounds, but nothing for rubber. 1 pair has paper cones(subwoofer) and 1 pair has poly cones . I bought these...
  21. X

Working with Speaker Cabinet Veneers

A veneer punch is an arch punch with an irregular, usually curvaceous,edge. The theory is that the eye sees regular straight lines more easily;as in a repair. The punches tend to be fairly expensive and difficult to sharpen well. In my own experience I start with the closest matching material...
  22. X

The Amazing Ebay Marantz HD-88 Speaker Saga !

Doing the right thing is its own reward.:thmbsp: I like this place!
  23. X

Sound room: What do I use for a dampening material?

What is the room like? Is the room wood framed? Basement below? Lots of windows? Absent these answers,try putting ABSORTIVE materials in the corner spots.(wall,wall,ceiling). More info will get better suggestions. Meanwhile tape a pillow in the corners. Not for keeps, but to get a sense of...
  24. X

Large Advent Cabinent Repair Help

Unless those cabinets are solid mahogany the damaged part is an applied edging of solid wood. Look carefully at the front corners and where the front edges meet the sides. If that piece is applied it can be replaced with new wood shaped to match. Cheers, Thomas
  25. X

Jbl

Thanks for the quick reply. There is a pair near me that's functionally PERFECT but needing cosmetic attention. However I am a cabinetmaker. The seller seems firm at 300$ ,so I guess I'll pass because there isn't enough margin for me to restore and turn them over. Cheers, Thomas
Back
Top Bottom