Search results

1. StereoJohn

Marantz 6100 question. I bought one mint last week. with old cardridge needle but...

1) All I wanted to know if the Philips GP 412 mark III diverative by Denon starting 1982 is still being made by Denon. Answer yes!. That's the only cartridge im going to buy best MM arround period!! 2) no MC is better than this Denon MM cardridge; See specs real world! And my sound preverence i...
  2. StereoJohn

Telefunken Opus Studio 201 receiver

i recieved one or speaker or din type connector with it. For right speaker i used the din terminal holes and stuck loose the wires in. All connectors are din!!!! including for sources speakers am fm external antenna sockets! No cinch whatsoever .
  3. StereoJohn

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Another of my oddball cassettedecks. An Uher CG 322 Stereo. UHER a brand from 1912 Russian Empire till date which started with watches for the CCCP air force and radios for maritime use military and civil. This is an hifi deck not a PA or reporter deck. This Uher for political reasons and...
  4. StereoJohn

What’s Santa Bringing You This Year?

Well, now you ask me. Santa buys / pays helass his own presents; thus in my case probably lots of hifi gear which obviously i got to pay myself sotospeak ;-)
  5. StereoJohn

What does everyone own for tube gear!

When Heath kit releases it new old look 43 W per channel at 6 ohm stereo tube volume control per channel (integrated) poweramp kit, febr 2018 i wil own my first tube gear (although in parts still) in two years. Crown and dynaco kits wil of this type (not the same as Heath) be available end 2018...
  6. StereoJohn

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

there fine Lafayettes but there not exactly the same. cheap rip offs. Most "exact" other brand copies like often the same but are not as good ot horrible even but.... 1) the original minimus 7 and 77 and two sizes bigger (monitors same look and build quality and principles are ono on one german...
  7. StereoJohn

Telefunken Opus Studio 201 receiver

I got this one from a local vancouver BC hifi buddy i bought some hifi gear from from. sounds great although it's made for 4 ohm speakers only (but dies work well with MFB's Done fixed everything exept for one bulb for dail area backlight. There were three burned, but I only had two...
  8. StereoJohn

State of the art, circa 1970?

for example this one; a real hifi receiver from telefunken Canada manufactured designed, nit in Germany although it's a real Telefunken Opus Studio 2o1 hifi : For 4 ohm speakers and or for connecting MFB speakers . Extremely detailed! Got it last month as a gift from a local Vancouver guy I...
  9. StereoJohn

Marantz 6100 question. I bought one mint last week. with old cardridge needle but...

oeps indeed. The 110 is the old 1981 movincoil. You know which denon I mean: gp412 tech wise MM. The one that sits standard under the latest DD sony (so called high ress tt) and under the current reintroduced most most expensive heavy-er Denon TT. That one!! Shit I went auto I asked spec about...
  10. StereoJohn

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

My Realistic Minimus collection. I bought at local Vancouver thrift stores for $10,- CAD a pair. Course the 77's have foam and not rubber surrounds there surrounds were thus all 4 rotten. I refoamed them myself. Course the smaller 7w's (w for wood enclosure) and the 7's - which are made out of...
  11. StereoJohn

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

yeah you did !!! Nice stuff to say the least ;-)
  12. StereoJohn

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Here my new just at home made and uploaded / added pictures from the for this purpose taken out of a Ikea bag at home as you all can see; Of my late nov 2017 aquired from a local Vancouver BC Canada based pawnshop: McIntosh 2100 solidstate integrated stereo/mono (power) amplifier for which I...
  13. StereoJohn

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

My mint inside out locally retail recent acquired Marantz 2265b stereo receiver! (component below front and rear pics now made at home). Only flaw dail pointer bulb when home by taxi proved to be blown. In the shop it stil worked DARN! Sotospeak ;-) And......tape 1 play switch button needs to...
  14. StereoJohn

My Pioneer CT-F750 front and back (top)
  15. StereoJohn

Again thx for responce..in my case new replacement and or alternative for my current in use NEC 305m on my new Marantz 6100 and Philips 677 TT's: a brand new MM Denon DL-110 thus ;-).
  16. StereoJohn

yep thats the one, but the stylus is lower speck no diamond. So as packadge inerior than the denon this needle is like a philips 410 MKII, not 412 like denon is a diamond not a safier like mounted on OM-5 (origionally till 1987 equiped with 412 spec type diamond stylus. o beware origional...
  17. StereoJohn

ok thx i think i try the denon. I do like the Nec for now (its tech internally a philips gp 412 mark III ive also used on my philips 677 with philips universal headshel (so other cardridges fit) its afull range hifi headshel.currently made and sold as a marantz sony or denon DL-110. problem is...
  18. StereoJohn

1) currently an aftermarket Nec 305M 2) the typical late 80's Denon 125+ W @ 8 ohms per channel; dedicated two channel stereo hifi kinda sound!! Or comparable 80's early nineties beafy rotel or marantz Is my favorite typa sound. All round thus. Tight but present base, voice pronounced mids and...
  19. StereoJohn

On of my favorite vintage local Vancouver BC thriftstore finds; a good working /sounding Lloyd's Model H217 "woody silverface" cassettedeck. Only issue the tape counter belt i still got to replace!
  20. StereoJohn

Two words say it:

kick ass
  21. StereoJohn

.....if i would decide to buy a new cardridge and needle currently manufactured; what cardridge needle would anyone advice? Till max $600,00 CAD retail in my case max. Note: I only go for MM(not MC) course i want to buy extra needles and want to be able to change them myselfe and or try other...
  22. StereoJohn

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

....ehh "using" as in topic tittle; is not exactly what's happening at the moment to my MC2100 and my other black silver gold brown etc stereo gear; but that's just temporally. It's mint inside out; including sound and 100% stil origional like 99% of my hifi stuff. Having said that:" I do love...
Back
Top Bottom