Search results

1. JohnnyNapalm

Has anyone compared the Marantz SACD 30n to the SA-KI, and SA 10?

I enjoy my SA-KI Ruby but have not been able to compare it to the SA-10. To be honest I wanted Ken's last statement player. I also have the SA-14 S1 SE and the Ruby is better imo. It just sounds smoother and more spacial if that makes sense. Cheers.
  2. JohnnyNapalm

KEF Reference 4.2 - Towers that Sing and Glow

I run my 4.2's as fronts for two channel and HT. I love them and they sure do step up when you drive them with plenty of quality power. The can be beaten but at what cost.? Enjoy yours. :beerchug:
  3. JohnnyNapalm

Welcome to the British Audio Forum!

Update: Kef Reference Model 1.2's, Kef Reference Model 2.2's, Kef Reference Model 3.2's, Kef Reference Model 4.2's, 2 x Kef Reference 200C's, Isotek Mini Sub, 2 x Musical Fidelity M8 700M's, Musical Fidelity MX VNYL and a Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer oh and a Rega Planner 3 in a box somewhere.
  4. JohnnyNapalm

Why do Speakers Sound Brighter As Volume Gets Louder?

Personally, I have found that a more powerful amplifier has provided a more constant linear sq at increased listening levels. Everything remains in balance and I do not have the shrill I have experienced previously when hitting higher db’s. I have (when everyone is out) listened at my seating...
  5. JohnnyNapalm

KEF owners thread

I had a similar issue when I serviced my Kef 4.2's which turned out to be the metal casing of the speaker not being correctly isolated against the cover. when put back together but it looks like the 103/3 does not have a cover over the front but worth mentioning. I have also had the feed cable...
  6. JohnnyNapalm

How Many Amplifiers do you have?

MBL C11 Pre added to the above.
  7. JohnnyNapalm

KEF owners thread

Good for you. The Kef range is rather special in my opinion.
  8. JohnnyNapalm

KEF Reference Two 2's a big enough improvement over 103/4's?

Lots of variables at play here. I would start with what you want from them then look at your room size. What music do you listen to and at what sort of listening levels. I have every one of this particular series and they all have individual merits. In my opinion I would use the following as a...
  9. JohnnyNapalm

Low cost 4k BR player

+1 for the Sony. The 800 works for multi channel SACD as well. :bigok:
  10. JohnnyNapalm

Show us your Technics stuff

Post recap…
  11. JohnnyNapalm

Show us your Technics stuff

A couple of pictures…
  12. JohnnyNapalm

Sennheiser HD600 amplification

It suits me to run via optical as I already have the fibre for the job so thought I would ask. Thanks.
  13. JohnnyNapalm

Looking at options I know my PC has optical out (S/PDIF) aswell as the usual fronts, rears etc and USB. Have you tried the different options with your RME and what worked best for you if you don't mind me asking? Cheers.
  14. JohnnyNapalm

Marantz SA-KI Ruby

I am certainly enjoying mine. It does sound full bodied and I do wonder how much different it is to the SA-10? Has anyone compared the Ruby to the SA-10? Cheers.
  15. JohnnyNapalm

The Marantz is supposed to have quite a powerful output for headphones but I was looking and wondering about the RME ADI-2 DAC or the RME ADI-2 PRO and didn't know what or if I would get some benefit hence the question. The Magni 3 looks good but I was toying with getting an all for one unit...
  16. JohnnyNapalm

Happy Christmas all. I just wanted to tap into the vast experience we have on here. I have just dipped my foot into the headphone pool with the purchase of the HD600’s following reading lots of reviews and I am enjoying them. I mostly use the headphone output of my Marantz SA-14 S1 SE which...
  17. JohnnyNapalm

Better audio signal from Component to AV receiver - HDMI, digital or analog RCA?

Yes you are correct David. I upgraded my player instead of going for an external DAC for this very reason. Cheers.
  18. JohnnyNapalm

What's your Wallet

Well, I say it is my Wallet. I just get to see it now and again... :jump:
  19. JohnnyNapalm

Better audio signal from Component to AV receiver - HDMI, digital or analog RCA?

You may find coaxial sounds best if the player has it? Like Yamaki suggests best way is to try.
  20. JohnnyNapalm

Marantz SA-KI Ruby

Hi all, I have managed to source an as new KI Ruby SACD Player to take over duties in my main system from my SA-14 S1 SE which has now been relegated to the bedroom. Initial feedback is along the similar lines as the SA-14 but a little bit more separation between instruments and longer decay of...
  21. JohnnyNapalm

KEF owners thread

Maybe next time Zak. I hope the move goes well. Cheers.
  22. JohnnyNapalm

KEF owners thread

Hi, I did speak to Kef UK when I found an issue with one of my Reference 4.2’s and was informed that the 100 + 200’s were not compatible for installation into the 4.2’s. Looking at them the fitment will be different but they should work. Either that or find a pair of cabinet damaged 1’s for a...
  23. JohnnyNapalm

How Many Amplifiers do you have?

Need to add an mbl C11 Pre Amp now. Cheers.
  24. JohnnyNapalm

KEF owners thread

Nice, how do they sound?
Back
Top Bottom